or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion - Page 92

post #2731 of 4655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambe View Post

I read the same thing. BTW is it just me or is King Joffrey a whole lot less dickish this season? I want to see more of his malevolence. He's not nearly as despicable this season as before.


That's probably because he hasn't been featured as much. I'm sure they'll get back to him and his dickish ways.
post #2732 of 4655
don't forget what jamie did to brand. He' still a dick and will revert to character once opportunity presents itself.

Rob did have other choices, but he always chooses the course most certain to weaken his army as well as his chances of avenging his father.

I hope cersai has to marry a rottweiler.
post #2733 of 4655
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Hockey Guy View Post

what is up with folks not wanting to take "milk of the poppy" in this show? Jaime's refusal despite KNOWING how bad it was gonna hurt - "I'll scream very loudly"- makes me wonder if it has some known side effects. Luwin also refused it when dying at the tree.

It's almost in every show with action, refusing to take pain medicine or even wear a partial cast. It's becoming a cliche that implies anyone who uses pain medicine is some kind of wimp or not a good person in general.
post #2734 of 4655
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post

That's probably because he hasn't been featured as much. I'm sure they'll get back to him and his dickish ways.

Maybe not, as long as it's being used as a handle.
post #2735 of 4655
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post

That's probably because he hasn't been featured as much. I'm sure they'll get back to him and his dickish ways.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post

don't forget what jamie did to brand. He' still a dick and will revert to character once opportunity presents itself.

Rob did have other choices, but he always chooses the course most certain to weaken his army as well as his chances of avenging his father.

I hope cersai has to marry a rottweiler.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoon View Post

It's almost in every show with action, refusing to take pain medicine or even wear a partial cast. It's becoming a cliche that implies anyone who uses pain medicine is some kind of wimp or not a good person in general.
You're right with that...
It is pretty damn silly and, no doubt, part of the Alcohol Lobby's efforts.wink.gif
post #2736 of 4655
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoon View Post

It's almost in every show with action, refusing to take pain medicine or even wear a partial cast. It's becoming a cliche that implies anyone who uses pain medicine is some kind of wimp or not a good person in general.

I don't usually see it that way. Rather, I think it's usually that the person feels the need to avoid unconsciousness and dull-wittedness because he's surrounded by enemies and danger is imminent.

But in this case, I agree it was because Jaime didn't trust the maester to not take his arm, and there was nobody else there to keep the doc honest.
post #2737 of 4655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambe View Post

I read the same thing. BTW is it just me or is King Joffrey a whole lot less dickish this season? I want to see more of his malevolence. He's not nearly as despicable this season as before.

With Tywin Lannister around, I doubt he could get away with too much of the typical crap he pulled in the previous season. I actually kind of wish he would try.

I also find it rather interesting that of all the principle characters at King's Landing, Joffrey and Tywin have shared the least screen time together. In fact, have they been in the same room at all this season? Correct me if I'm wrong. Seems to me, this omission is being done by design, which makes me look forward to it even more!
post #2738 of 4655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambe View Post

What I'm a little unclear on, is who's going to win when it's Arya vs Daenarys? That's my guess for the final confrontation for dominion of Westeros.

I don't think Arya has any desire to rule. She just wants revenge on those who have wronged her family. Hence the names she was reciting in the episode -- they are all the people she wants dead.
post #2739 of 4655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambe View Post

I read the same thing. BTW is it just me or is King Joffrey a whole lot less dickish this season? I want to see more of his malevolence. He's not nearly as despicable this season as before.

I think that has a lot to do with "Grandpa" being around and the humility he faced in the heat of battle. Easy to thump your chest and talk but when action was needed, he cowered. Tywin (and Tyrion) had to save the day for him.
post #2740 of 4655
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoon View Post

It's almost in every show with action, refusing to take pain medicine or even wear a partial cast. It's becoming a cliche that implies anyone who uses pain medicine is some kind of wimp or not a good person in general.

I just don't think he trusted the defrocked maester or the Boltons.

In other shows, he'd silently grimace while his wound was being cleaned and purified, maybe munching on a piece of metal. He allowed that he would scream, did scream, but kept the other hand available for throtling the obviously deranged maester as he did before.

The reason he was dehanded was his captivity and the fact that he's the 'kingslayer', neither of which has changed... pays to be cautious.
post #2741 of 4655
Quote:
Originally Posted by David F View Post

I don't think Arya has any desire to rule. She just wants revenge on those who have wronged her family. Hence the names she was reciting in the episode -- they are all the people she wants dead.

I don't think so either, but those are some pretty powerful names and she keeps adding on. Eventually to get to some of them she will need to be a power.

She's going to have to rethink her tools, though - a direwolf against a dragon may not be a great match.
post #2742 of 4655
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post

I don't think so either, but those are some pretty powerful names and she keeps adding on. Eventually to get to some of them she will need to be a power.

She's going to have to rethink her tools, though - a direwolf against a dragon may not be a great match.

Why would they fight though? They share a lot of the same enemies as well as a stronger moral code than most of the other players in the game. They could easily join together.

Plus Arya is from the north, the most vulnerable area if the Walkers get over the Wall.Walkers whose only weakness is fire. And Daenerys has dragons ...
post #2743 of 4655
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post



Why would they fight though? They share a lot of the same enemies as well as a stronger moral code than most of the other players in the game. They could easily join together.

Plus Arya is from the north, the most vulnerable area if the Walkers get over the Wall.Walkers whose only weakness is fire. And Daenerys has dragons ...

Because Daenerys is a queen, not apt to share anything once she's in Westeros and her family was killed off by Robert Baratheon, usurping her father. Robert's right hand man and best bud was Ned, Arya's father. Everything that has happened to her was launched by that, with the Starks hip deep in it.

Ned and his clan were one of the main reasons she was exiled and hunted, her goal is to return and stake her claim, but probably just as strong is the desire to exact vengeance on the rebels who deposed her father and exterminated her family. Probably her list runs -- Baratheons, Lannisters (Jamie in particular), Starks and the rest.

She will come in as a maesltrom and won't leave much standing, I think. She just needs a huge army, navy and her dragons. Part way there.
post #2744 of 4655
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post

Because Daenerys is a queen, not apt to share anything once she's in Westeros and her family was killed off by Robert Baratheon, usurping her father. Robert's right hand man and best bud was Ned, Arya's father. Everything that has happened to her was launched by that, with the Starks hip deep in it.

Ned and his clan were one of the main reasons she was exiled and hunted, her goal is to return and stake her claim, but probably just as strong is the desire to exact vengeance on the rebels who deposed her father and exterminated her family. Probably her list runs -- Baratheons, Lannisters (Jamie in particular), Starks and the rest.

She will come in as a maesltrom and won't leave much standing, I think. She just needs a huge army, navy and her dragons. Part way there.

Disagree. Everything she has done gives no sign she would kill an innocent. I don't think she would be the kind of queen who would punish children for the sins of the father. Plus she can't kill everybody, she is going to need support from the other royal families, and the Starks would be the closest to her own moral view. It would come down to Arya accepting her as her queen, which I don't think she would have a problem with. Course all bets are off if Daernys should be responsible for Rob's or Jon's death. Otherwise, I could see them uniting to restore what had been the natural order before the rebellion.
post #2745 of 4655
depends on how much she knows about her father's hand in killing the Starks and Lannisters before he was stabbed in the back. She has spoken a lot about making people pay. I don't think she's going to be looking to simply regain the throne and just call a truce otherwise.
post #2746 of 4655
Quote:
Originally Posted by David F View Post

I don't think Arya has any desire to rule. She just wants revenge on those who have wronged her family. Hence the names she was reciting in the episode -- they are all the people she wants dead.

Sorry I wasn't clear. I agree that right now Arya has no desire to rule. But I think George RR Martin is 'grooming' her to be a decent ruler in the future. She's meeting a wide variety of influential people, she's demonstrating good / strong character, she's getting a ton of experience and respect... and to top it off she has the Stark name to boot. So eventually I think she'll be thrust into the role. A different road to rulership than Daenarys, but a road nonetheless.
post #2747 of 4655
I have also wondered about Dany and the Starks teaming up sometime in the future.
On the surface, it appears they share similar morality (as lonwolf pointed out).
Both of their armies need to increase in size and strength...an alliance of some sort could be beneficial in their shared goal of taking down the Lannisters.
post #2748 of 4655
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

I have also wondered about Dany and the Starks teaming up sometime in the future.
On the surface, it appears they share similar morality (as lonwolf pointed out).
Both of their armies need to increase in size and strength...an alliance of some sort could be beneficial in their shared goal of taking down the Lannisters.

A lot will depend on who wins the Sansa sweepstakes-Tyrell or Lannister.
post #2749 of 4655
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post



A lot will depend on who wins the Sansa sweepstakes-Tyrell or Lannister.

I thought Bran and Rickon pretty much rendered Sansa keyless.
post #2750 of 4655
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Hockey Guy View Post

I thought Bran and Rickon pretty much rendered Sansa keyless.

They do, but no one knows they are alive. Otherwise they would be targets. But that still doesn't matter, because Robb is the lord of Winterfell.

Not many people know Arya is alive either.
post #2751 of 4655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post

They do, but no one knows they are alive. Otherwise they would be targets. But that still doesn't matter, because Robb is the lord of Winterfell.

Not many people know Arya is alive either.

Which is a good thing. No matter which family she marries into, that family will have a strong incentive to eliminate all her male siblings.
post #2752 of 4655
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post



Which is a good thing. No matter which family she marries into, that family will have a strong incentive to eliminate all her male siblings.

And Sansa too. Arya is the last Stark in the direct line of Starks who would be heirs to Winterfell.
Btw, Rob said that he thought Bran and Rickon were still alive.
If Dany has any interest in Starks, I would guess that would be Bran.
post #2753 of 4655
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post

don't forget what jamie did to brand. He' still a dick and will revert to character once opportunity presents itself.

Rob did have other choices, but he always chooses the course most certain to weaken his army as well as his chances of avenging his father.

I hope cersai has to marry a rottweiler.

You must hate dogs.

post #2754 of 4655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post

You must hate dogs.

That was good for a laugh thank you
post #2755 of 4655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambe View Post

I read the same thing. BTW is it just me or is King Joffrey a whole lot less dickish this season? I want to see more of his malevolence. He's not nearly as despicable this season as before.

Well as the otehrs ahve said he hasnt been featured as much, butttttt also remember Margaery is taming him, so he really doesnt feel the need to act out.
post #2756 of 4655
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post

don't forget what jamie did to brand. He' still a dick and will revert to character once opportunity presents itself.

Rob did have other choices, but he always chooses the course most certain to weaken his army as well as his chances of avenging his father.

I hope cersai has to marry a rottweiler.

Hey now, Rottweilers are loveable dogs thats not nice!

I ahve to ask though what were his other choices that would have not lead to trouble?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaKats View Post

That was good for a laugh thank you

agreed ! biggrin.gif
post #2757 of 4655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post


I ahve to ask though what were his other choices that would have not lead to trouble?
He should have married the Frey girl he promised to, rather than Jeyne. Keeping his promise would have avoided a HUGE amount of trouble.
Edited by RobertR - 5/1/13 at 3:49pm
post #2758 of 4655
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post


If Dany has any interest in Starks, I would guess that would be Bran.
I don't know....I think a political marriage with any of the Stark boys would work for her purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR View Post

He should have married the Frey girl he promised to, rather than Jeyne. Keeping his promise would have avoided a HUGE amount of trouble.
Boy, that's an understatement.wink.gif
post #2759 of 4655
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

I don't know....I think a political marriage with any of the Stark boys would work for her purposes.
Boy, that's an understatement.wink.gif
You got that right! wink.gif
post #2760 of 4655
Wth, why was my post reminding someone to NOT post book info removed and the posts with book info left in???
Edited by sirjonsnow - 5/1/13 at 7:44pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion