Originally Posted by olyteddy
Is that a legitimate 'AudioPhile' goal? To tweak one's music? I thought the point of 'AudioPhile' was plain, simple purity...
Depends on the person and their requirements, and I was certainly not clear! Anyway the included options that seem to please many include (among many others)
* Output Modes: WASAPI / WASAPI (Event Style) with toggles for Exclusive mode, buffer clearing etc as well as ASIO, Kernel Streaming and more std DirectSound and Wave Out
* DSP: These options create more of the for/against argument I think you were getting out....but you can turn the on or off and each have plenty of options to play with if that is your thing:
- Output Format: Resampling / Bitdepth. This is good for matching output Sample Rates and Bitdepth to match the requirements of sound cards where the input formats may need modification. You can also do Channel Mixing here.
- Vol Leveling: good to keep a playlist of mixed content at the same apparent vol level
- EQ / Parametric EQ: as you would expect
- Effects: for these that like this stuff
- Tempo & Pitch:
- Room Correction: for those that want to do this in the PC over the receiver it is a very good option.