or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic 2011 TC-PxxVT30 Series Thread Discussion Thread [No Price Talk]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Panasonic 2011 TC-PxxVT30 Series Thread Discussion Thread [No Price Talk] - Page 173

post #5161 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJArciola, III View Post

This should work...I used it on the VT25 and my currrent vT30. You'll also see how many times the set has been powered on.
Hours of operation instructions:

1. Enter Service Menu (Hold Vol. - down on the TV while pressing the INFO button on the remote 3 times).
2. Press the {2} button on the remote to see SRV-TOOL.
3. Press the {OK} button. A blue grid will appear.
4. Cursor down to the PTCT :00.00.00.00.00 line and then cursor over to the right to highlight the empty box.
5. Press and hold the {MUTE} button on the remote for 3 seconds.
The TIME / COUNT info will be displayed in Hours and Minutes of Operation.
6. To exit, press and hold the {POWER} button on the TV for 2 seconds.

The display will re-start by itself.

Note on step #1, first take the volume all the way down, release, then proceed.

I have a July build on the VT30 and I have NOT gotten this to work (Step 1). Is there anything that I'm missing??
post #5162 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaramill View Post

I have a July build on the VT30 and I have NOT gotten this to work (Step 1). Is there anything that I'm missing??


I couldn't get it to work on mine either! [ 55" Nov 2011 build ]
post #5163 of 6435
It works for my May build 65vt30.
post #5164 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaramill View Post

I have a July build on the VT30 and I have NOT gotten this to work (Step 1). Is there anything that I'm missing??

Just tried it on my VT30 and it works great. I don't think it matters what built date the TV is.
post #5165 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackvette94 View Post

Thank you very much for the response!! From what I can tell at the store the 55vt30 had no dse ans this is huge for me!! Was such a pain with my kuros. Is the phosphor lag better then the kuro?

Also I never had issues of image retention on my kuro, should I expect the same from the vt30?

Image retention I would expect to be maybe, and I say maybe, a bit worse then the Kuro. I say maybe because I've had two VT30's, one exhibited image retention easily after seconds, including the word "Menu" from the menu and that never went away after 5+ hours of viewing. That set got returned and I thought I was going to stick with my Kuro, but then got a great deal on the VT a month later. Bought from a different place and have not had any issues with image retention on this set at all. The first one, watching a NHL game from Fox Sports, the FS logo would leave image retention after seconds, would go away after seconds too. But my current VT30 I have not seen any IR.

My Kuro I had showed some IR too. Even some times noticeable during regular content but quickly faded.
post #5166 of 6435
I get brief image retention on my vt30 but it goes away almost instantly. If I have the menu Open during letter box content as soon as I close the menu I see the word "menu" in the letterbox bars if I walk up to the tv and look for it. It only takes about 5 seconds of full screen material to wipe it away though. I've been gaming on my vt30 with static logos from gears of war with no long term IR. gaming sessions typically don't exceed about an hour yet though. No problems with sports logos here either.
post #5167 of 6435
Here's an odd thing I noticed with some brief image retention last night. Say for instance on a non input signal, so a black screen, eventually the box that says no input detected comes up. When I take that off, I see brief IR from that box, however, it eventually fades after about 5 seconds on the blank screen and leaves no signs of IR. I found that odd, but good.
post #5168 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by terzaghi View Post

I get brief image retention on my vt30 but it goes away almost instantly. If I have the menu Open during letter box content as soon as I close the menu I see the word "menu" in the letterbox bars if I walk up to the tv and look for it. It only takes about 5 seconds of full screen material to wipe it away though. I've been gaming on my vt30 with static logos from gears of war with no long term IR. gaming sessions typically don't exceed about an hour yet though. No problems with sports logos here either.

I have slight image retention just after turn on I guess before its warmed up well. It instantly goes away. I've just started gaming on my set but still run full display movies for 6-8 hrs a day. Probably have close to 300 hrs or so on the set maybe more. Running dnices specs after proper breaking, everything looks great.
post #5169 of 6435
So what settings do people use for gaming?
post #5170 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rahul View Post

I couldn't get it to work on mine either! [ 55" Nov 2011 build ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by gce View Post

Just tried it on my VT30 and it works great. I don't think it matters what built date the TV is.

Apparently it is an issue as myself and somone else (see M5Raul above) can't get it to work.
post #5171 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaramill View Post

I have a July build on the VT30 and I have NOT gotten this to work (Step 1). Is there anything that I'm missing??

In step #1, you must use the volume button on the TV itself.... Not the volume button on the remote. That could be where you are getting tripped up.

nap
post #5172 of 6435
Nov 2011 build. Just worked for me
post #5173 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by napgravy View Post

In step #1, you must use the volume button on the TV itself.... Not the volume button on the remote. That could be where you are getting tripped up.

nap

THANK YOU NAPGRAVY!!!

Okay to "CJArciola, III" if you could update your post to indicate whether a button needs to be pressed on the TV and NOT on the remote it would be appreciated for those that for some reason did everything on the remote.

So now that I checked I have 287.40 hours on my TV. What is the minimum amount of break-in hours before considering professional calibration?

Thanks again.
post #5174 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaramill View Post


Okay to "CJArciola, III" if you could update your post to indicate whether a button needs to be pressed on the TV and NOT on the remote it would be appreciated for those that for some reason did everything on the remote.

The instruction are already very clear as to what to use, remote or TV!
post #5175 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by gce View Post

The instruction are already very clear as to what to use, remote or TV!

"Enter Service Menu (Hold Vol. - down on the TV"


Damn...it was right there!!! Guess I just didn't see it.
post #5176 of 6435
I'm using the dnice settings for gaming, movies, and tv.
post #5177 of 6435
I put about 250 hours on mine before DeWayne (D-Nice) calibrated my 65GT30. It turned out great. Prior, I got the FBr SD card by a Panny Tech and did the 2.1 update. It was a June build.
post #5178 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_b View Post

So what settings do people use for gaming?

I finally narrowed down the settings that I'm very happy with, you should try it. I used game mode for a while, but then realized it was a dull picture.
I use custom:
contrast 88
Brightness 60
Color 55
Sharpness 75
and everything else default
But I also use colorspace wide in the pro settings. I've been playing tons of batman arkham city, awesome picture with these settings. Took me forever, but I'm happy with it, finally.
post #5179 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by sboychuck View Post

I put about 250 hours on mine before DeWayne (D-Nice) calibrated my 65GT30. It turned out great. Prior, I got the FBr SD card by a Panny Tech and did the 2.1 update. It was a June build.

Thanks for your calibration report. I've included it in the flat panal (Post #2) list that's linked at the bottom of my post.
post #5180 of 6435
FYI
Just noticed that Best Buy lowered the price, again, on the TC-P65VT30, so I'm guessing they will start to become harder to find...Also if you purchased from them, they will refund the difference if within 30 days.

HH
post #5181 of 6435
they will actually refund the difference up to 60 days since the price is over 899
post #5182 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerHarley View Post

FYI
Just noticed that Best Buy lowered the price, again, on the TC-P65VT30, so I'm guessing they will start to become harder to find...Also if you purchased from them, they will refund the difference if within 30 days.

HH

I have mine being delivered today from BB. They have 60 day match. Also if they offer any sort of add ons within that 60 days, ex: free glasses they will provide those.

I was told I will have a recent build date, after running the slides should I then use these settings?
EPROM Updated MJ Series North American TC-P65VT30 Reference Settings
post #5183 of 6435
I will have my 65VT30 delivered in a couple of days and doing my research and glad I found this forum. I have reviewed the the break in slides for 100 hours and have that ready on my USB drive.
I have a few questions that hope someone will be able to provide answer on

- what date builds will require the mentioned EEPROM update?
- what is the EEPROM update version if required and how to check?
- if I check the number of hours on a brand new set out of the box will it show 0 or almost close to 0?

Thanks in advance
post #5184 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_b View Post

So what settings do people use for gaming?

I just use dnices settings for everything with pixel orbiter on always.
post #5185 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdjocp View Post

Okay I'm new to plasma as of lately before I had the xvt3d554sv vizio led tv, it went dead and didn't want to bother getting a repair man to fix lasted a year right outside of warranty which I think is pathetic and didn't want to give vizio any more of my money never getting a vizio tv again pic was good but quality wasn't if it went out on me in a year. Now I pulled the plug on the vt30 55 inch is this tv better or should i cancel my order. How do I keep up with a plasma, led there is no work but I hear you have to work with plasma suggestions please. Also any settings calibration I should tweak it with out the box to get best picture and what's the issue with floating blacks etc how can this be fixed if I experience it. Any other information you guys can think of will help me greatly feel free to post and let me know again first plasma. Your knowledge is greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

Oneore thing is there burn in effect with this tv or IR and how do I avoid it thanks

You don't have to do anything. Just enjoy the TV. You don't even have to get a calibration if you don't want to. Calibrations are helpful for any TV, and the VT30 has more calibration controls that just about any TV out there if you want to use them. THX mode is good enough for many people.

Don't leave any high brightness images on the screen for hours, and you don't have to worry about IR.

Enjoy!

Michael
post #5186 of 6435
Got my tv deliverd tonight from BB around 6:30. 2 hours late...Just got slides running. Glad 100 hours will be up by 10 pm Saturday night. Its a January build.
post #5187 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by denguz View Post

I will have my 65VT30 delivered in a couple of days and doing my research and glad I found this forum. I have reviewed the the break in slides for 100 hours and have that ready on my USB drive.
I have a few questions that hope someone will be able to provide answer on

- what date builds will require the mentioned EEPROM update?
- what is the EEPROM update version if required and how to check?
- if I check the number of hours on a brand new set out of the box will it show 0 or almost close to 0?

Thanks in advance

You might find the mini-FAQ helpful in answering some of your questions (see link below)

Cheers!
post #5188 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaramill View Post

THANK YOU NAPGRAVY!!!

Okay to "CJArciola, III" if you could update your post to indicate whether a button needs to be pressed on the TV and NOT on the remote it would be appreciated for those that for some reason did everything on the remote.

So now that I checked I have 287.40 hours on my TV. What is the minimum amount of break-in hours before considering professional calibration?

Thanks again.

I would check with the particular calibrator you plan to use; however, most of the written recommendations from calibrators I've seen recommend at least around 250 hours; therefore, you should be fine.
post #5189 of 6435
Maybe this is a dumb question, but what is the difference between panel prep and break in?
post #5190 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel7 View Post

Maybe this is a dumb question, but what is the difference between panel prep and break in?

I don't believe there is a difference.

Some pros prefer the former term because the television really isn't "broken in" by using it.

The one commonly used term that most avoid when talking about panel prep is "burning in".
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic 2011 TC-PxxVT30 Series Thread Discussion Thread [No Price Talk]