or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic 2011 TC-PxxVT30 Series Thread Discussion Thread [No Price Talk]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Panasonic 2011 TC-PxxVT30 Series Thread Discussion Thread [No Price Talk] - Page 176

post #5251 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp2005fan View Post

Just curious...

Did anyone watch the Superbowl on their VT30 yesterday?

How was it? Were you happy with the experience?

It was the worst, I had a house full of friends over and I found myself apologizing for the garbage that was being displayed by VT30.

In my house are a Pioneer Elite, + two Panasonic TH-42PW6 EDTVs (Both purchased in 2003)

We ended up watching most of the game on the Elite and some were in one of the rooms with the EDTVs, reason the V30 on any motion displayed square blocks that made it unbearable to watch, I did notice it on the pioneer, a little, but almost unnoticeable. Now, others not as picky as I am, said they didn't see it on the Elite + I saw no blocks on the EDTVs.

My guess was/is the signal being fed from TWC was crap, but my others TVs handled it, also, I think because the VT30 is 65" it acts like a microscope and displays the garbage because of its size.

This set will be returned and I'll wait for a TV that can at least live up to my Pioneer Elite in quality, or try and find a 151 for sale.

HH
post #5252 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp2005fan View Post

Just curious...

Did anyone watch the Superbowl on their VT30 yesterday?

How was it? Were you happy with the experience?

Great picture on the VT but the game wasn't that good!
post #5253 of 6435
It looked great on mine with DirecTv also.

I just did a calibration on it and given a proper source it can be quite spectacular.
post #5254 of 6435
looked phenominal on my inlaws 65vt30 with fios...and my 65vt30 with cox!
post #5255 of 6435
The game was so boring.. jeez wanted to jump out a window, but the VT30 was ok, a little bit of picture noise, but my uncles Samsung did the same. Was probably comcast feed.

1/2 time show looked good.. madonna is amazing for her age, nice and tight.

Mo
post #5256 of 6435
I have the money to get the 55 VT30 but I want that 65

I am looking for ways to come up with the thought quick enough to get it within the next couple of weeks
post #5257 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp2005fan View Post

Just curious...

Did anyone watch the Superbowl on their VT30 yesterday?

How was it? Were you happy with the experience?

I am really considering returning this tv and keeping my Samsung 63C590.
I was not happy at all. I have comcast. Wife kept saying what is wrong with the tv. I don't know if this tv just exacerbates the issue, but it did not present itself well.

I don't know if being a Jan 2012 build has anything to do with it, but I did panel prep by the book and people look fake and with overly reddish skin tones. I mostly watch over the air cable and sports and with only a 24 hour sample, I am not impressed. This just may not be the best tv for my viewing habits. Plus I have a black stuck pixel.

I am sure people will say get the tv calibrated but I have never had a tv calibrated. Had 2 smaller Pio's and with DNice settings, was very pleased with the picture without a true calibration.
post #5258 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevea2be View Post

yeah we watched it unfortunately but the picture looked great with directv.

+1
post #5259 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerHarley View Post

It was the worst, I had a house full of friends over and I found myself apologizing for the garbage that was being displayed by VT30.

In my house are a Pioneer Elite, + two Panasonic TH-42PW6 EDTVs (Both purchased in 2003)

We ended up watching most of the game on the Elite and some were in one of the rooms with the EDTVs, reason the V30 on any motion displayed square blocks that made it unbearable to watch, I did notice it on the pioneer, a little, but almost unnoticeable. Now, others not as picky as I am, said they didn't see it on the Elite + I saw no blocks on the EDTVs.

My guess was/is the signal being fed from TWC was crap, but my others TVs handled it, also, I think because the VT30 is 65" it acts like a microscope and displays the garbage because of its size.

This set will be returned and I'll wait for a TV that can at least live up to my Pioneer Elite in quality, or try and find a 151 for sale.

HH

I saw some blocking on my pn59d8000 so after the game I watch it on my my 1150 pioneer 8g it had it also but not as bad. (just watch a little to compare) Wasn't this game supposed to be broadcast in 3D. I thought it was the cameras causeing the motion. I also recored the LFL bowl game and it looked great no motion.
Allen
post #5260 of 6435
watched the game on the 65vt....Every one of my guests were commenting,in one form or another,how fantastic the picture looked on my set(directv)...that's them commenting...not me..
post #5261 of 6435
Seems like TWC is my problem,,,Time to talk to DTV???

HH
post #5262 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerHarley View Post

Seems like TWC is my problem,,,Time to talk to DTV???

HH

Sounds like smart move
post #5263 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp2005fan View Post

Just curious...

Did anyone watch the Superbowl on their VT30 yesterday?

How was it? Were you happy with the experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevea2be View Post

Yeah we watched it unfortunately But the picture looked great with Directv.

I'm very glad someone asked this question. I have the latest EEPROM update for my VT30 (July 2011 build). I have watched it for 300+ hours. I have not touched a single setting on the TV. I have not had it calibrated, and from what I can see, I have no dead pixels.

With all that said, and same sentiment as nevea2be (except I was rooting for the G-Men, even though I'm Steeler fan)......my TV looked AMAZING!!!

I mean THIS is what this TV is supposed to do and wow you. Especially the half-time show the way the graphics on the floor was shown from up top, and darkened lights, and my living room dark, made it awesome.

Add in my Marantz SR7005 AVR, plus some Martin Logan ESLs with center channel and an Outlaw LFM-1 EX sub-woofer and it was an audio/video surreal experience!

Much props to this TV!!

P.S. - What DVR do you have nevea2be? I have the HD HR25

EDIT: It seems it's the content provider that may be the problem. Remember the ad slogan (I used to work there when I was in LA)....it's not just TV...it's DIRECTV! Screw the cable companies. Call DTV.
post #5264 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPapi1977 View Post

I have the money to get the 55 VT30 but I want that 65

I am looking for ways to come up with the thought quick enough to get it within the next couple of weeks

I have the 55VT30 and although I love it and certainly got my money's worth considering what I paid for it, if I had the extra dough at the time of purchase I definitely would have gotten the 65" instead. Other than that however, it's a beautiful television with fantastic picture quality.

So, if you have the space and can scrounge up those extra pennies, I suggest springing for the 65".
post #5265 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvision7m View Post

I have the 55VT30 and although I love it and certainly got my money's worth considering what I paid for it, if I had the extra dough at the time of purchase I definitely would have gotten the 65" instead. Other than that however, it's a beautiful television with fantastic picture quality.

So, if you have the space and can scrounge up those extra pennies, I suggest springing for the 65".

I too thought about the space but for almost $1.3k more for 10" inches, I couldn't justify the cost. And not to mentioned it would look GIGANTIC in my small living room. The 55" is "just...right" Now if I had a bigger living room then yeah 65 for sure.
post #5266 of 6435
I've decided to return my Panny. Have my Pio 4280 right next to it and the Pio is a better picture.
post #5267 of 6435
Hey all, a real noob question here. Feel free to be brief.

I'm about to buy new HDMI cables before I mount my VT65, and am getting HDMI 1.4 compliant ones, so as to support ARC (and other reasons) If I run everything to my AVR, and run just one HDMI, will it do double duty, ie, sent the signal to the display and also be able to send the audio back to the AVR?

That's the neat part about it, right?
post #5268 of 6435
Yes, that is how ARC works, as long as your receiver supports it.

Also, Super Bowl looked great on my 65vt30- using cox cable
post #5269 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce/Fl View Post

Hey all, a real noob question here. Feel free to be brief.

I'm about to buy new HDMI cables before I mount my VT65, and am getting HDMI 1.4 compliant ones, so as to support ARC (and other reasons) If I run everything to my AVR, and run just one HDMI, will it do double duty, ie, sent the signal to the display and also be able to send the audio back to the AVR?

That's the neat part about it, right?

EXACTLY! The beauty of HDMI and of course that your TV and AVR has ARC in it. Now the problem is you have to have a Panny AVR for you to get ARC to work from the Panny VT30. I haven't been able to get ARC back to my AVR (Marantz SR7005). If anyone has I'd like to know what they did.
post #5270 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaramill View Post

EXACTLY! The beauty of HDMI and of course that your TV and AVR has ARC in it. Now the problem is you have to have a Panny AVR for you to get ARC to work from the Panny VT30. I haven't been able to get ARC back to my AVR (Marantz SR7005). If anyone has I'd like to know what they did.

Thank you for the quick reply, and you too terzaghi.

I have a Pioneer VSX-1021 which supports ARC, so I should be all set. (fingers crossed)

Thanks again!
post #5271 of 6435
THE SUPERBOWL WAS AWESOME ON THE 55VT30.. Very happy
post #5272 of 6435
Just took delivery today of my new 55VT30. Have enjoyed my TH46PZ800U for the past 4 years, and I mean enjoyed. I have been a member of this forum for many years, and a long time HT enthusiast.
For Blu Ray I use the Oppo BDP -95
My Sound system includes:
Processor: Integra 80.1
Power Amp: Anthem PVA-7
Center and R-L Surrounds: B&W
L-R Center:Tannoy
Sub and rear Surrounds: Emotiva
All I can say right now about the 55VT30 is Wow! If it is like this brand new I can only imagine what it will be like after a few hundred hours and the panel breaks in. I have watched both HDTV and several films on my Oppo. I have never owned a Kuro, but personally I have never seen blacks like this before. I have only been watching in 2-D so far but the picture quality, colors, and overall experience is simply awesome. I have a lot of film to watch but happened on the film "Drive", which in itself is a great film, but also many of the scenes are dark and the true capabilities of this panel simply shined in the detail and atmosphere. I am sorry for those who have not had a good experience and I hope my set continues to work well. This is over 12 years with me and Panasonic now without a glitch. I will continue to update and thanks to everyone on the forum for all your good help and feedback.
post #5273 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce/Fl View Post

Thank you for the quick reply, and you too terzaghi.

I have a Pioneer VSX-1021 which supports ARC, so I should be all set. (fingers crossed)

Thanks again!

Don't count your ARCs before they are tested.
post #5274 of 6435
Yes we watched the game - I thought Manchester United were done 2 minutes into the second half - but a great comeback! Looked good on the 55VT30

Oh there was another game.......

Watched that as well. The picture for both the half time show and game were brilliant on the 55VT30!

Edit - source was DirecTV
post #5275 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaramill View Post

EXACTLY! The beauty of HDMI and of course that your TV and AVR has ARC in it. Now the problem is you have to have a Panny AVR for you to get ARC to work from the Panny VT30. I haven't been able to get ARC back to my AVR (Marantz SR7005). If anyone has I'd like to know what they did.

I don't have a VT30, but ARC works just fine between my VT25 and SR7005.
post #5276 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin_mahaney View Post

I don't have a VT30, but ARC works just fine between my VT25 and SR7005.

Is the TV sending 5.1 sound back to the SR7005 receiver via HDMI or just 2.0?
post #5277 of 6435
Although I'm happy with the pic quality of my Samsung 65d7000, after a few days I just can't live with the loud buzzing. Who knows, maybe it's the forum's fault for highlighting it!! In terms of the reviews, it appears both TVs are highly rated, with a slight edge given to the Panny. The question: Is the Panny worth several $100 more??

Does anyone have experience comparing both? It seems like the Samsung is rated as having more accurate color decoding while the Panasonic has better black levels and shadow detail. Does anyone notice loud buzzing on the Panasonic like I have on the Samsung? Should I be concerned about issues stated on the Panasonic like green blobs, pink tint, etc. There's definitely no perfect set, but for the money I'd like to find the best plasma?

Despite the many great reviews, some of the recent negative opinions on the Panny are a bit concerning. If I get a more recent build date of Dec or newer, will I avoid some of the earlier problems with the latest firmware update? I don't won't to have buyer's remorse. Like others have said, I'm probably researching too much instead of just enjoying the TV. It's hard to find links to suggested settings...any links? Is THX mode best, when not doing a thorough calibration? Honestly, I'm not sure what to do: keep the Samsung and live with buzzing or spend more and hopefully be happy with the Panny? Is buzzing a plasma thing? Maybe I spend too much time reading the forum?

Thanks,
Andrew
post #5278 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Sabin View Post

Although I'm happy with the pic quality of my Samsung 65d7000, after a few days I just can't live with the loud buzzing. Who knows, maybe it's the forum's fault for highlighting it!! In terms of the reviews, it appears both TVs are highly rated, with a slight edge given to the Panny. The question: Is the Panny worth several $100 more??

Does anyone have experience comparing both? It seems like the Samsung is rated as having more accurate color decoding while the Panasonic has better black levels and shadow detail. Does anyone notice loud buzzing on the Panasonic like I have on the Samsung? Should I be concerned about issues stated on the Panasonic like green blobs, pink tint, etc. There's definitely no perfect set, but for the money I'd like to find the best plasma?

Despite the many great reviews, some of the recent negative opinions on the Panny are a bit concerning. If I get a more recent build date of Dec or newer, will I avoid some of the earlier problems with the latest firmware update? I don't won't to have buyer's remorse. Like others have said, I'm probably researching too much instead of just enjoying the TV. It's hard to find links to suggested settings...any links? Is THX mode best, when not doing a thorough calibration? Honestly, I'm not sure what to do: keep the Samsung and live with buzzing or spend more and hopefully be happy with the Panny? Is buzzing a plasma thing? Maybe I spend too much time reading the forum?

Thanks,
Andrew

With regards to the buzzing... Is this your first plasma TV? Is it noticeable with the audio at a normal volume?
post #5279 of 6435
How noticeable the buzzing is depends on the type of audio that's on. For example, during loud action scenes on a movie, I really can't hear the buzzing. However, during low volume, relatively silent scenes, I can definitely hear buzzing. When changing channels, I can hear it. Now that I know it's audible, during the right scene, I'm always listening for it.

I'm set to have the Samsung swapped for the Panasonic tomorrow...any other opinions before then?

Thanks
post #5280 of 6435
And yes, it's my first Plasma. I can't believe I lived with an overly bright LCD for so long! But this buzzing??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic 2011 TC-PxxVT30 Series Thread Discussion Thread [No Price Talk]