or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic 2011 TC-PxxVT30 Series Thread Discussion Thread [No Price Talk]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Panasonic 2011 TC-PxxVT30 Series Thread Discussion Thread [No Price Talk] - Page 182

post #5431 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semp1 View Post


The information is not incorrect. High def digest reported the 60VT50 is being released at $6500 in Japan. Whether or not it releases here for that price is yet to be seen. I don't care what's been "said" all I can go on is what's definite, and the 60VT50 is definitely selling for $6500 in Japan.

Sorry but your info is wrong. Cleveland Plasma is taking preorders for $3900 delivered late March.
post #5432 of 6435
^^^^ looks like jconjason is right. (see link to Cleveland Plasma)
2012_pre_order_list
post #5433 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmryan821 View Post

Fellas, I need a little help with the network connection on my vt30.(I'm actually kinda embarrassed to ask about this) I had my set connected via cat5 to my router for about a month and it worked just fine, but this past weekend I had to take the set down to redo some cabling. I added a network switch to my equipment rack(I needed more outlets than my router has) and I reconnected the vt30 and now when I run the connection test it gets to the second step and says it can't get an ip address. All my other equipment connects just fine so I know it's not the switch. I reset to factory defaults(couldn't think of anything else) and tried to run the connection test again and same result. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Can any other mobile device see your router from the cable you currently have running to the VT30?
post #5434 of 6435
When I'm wrong I'm wrong. I apologize. I'm looking forward to the 55GT50 for the bedroom.
post #5435 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp2005fan View Post

Can any other mobile device see your router from the cable you currently have running to the VT30?

Yeah, I tested the connection with my laptop. No problems there.
post #5436 of 6435
Got my 3rd 65VT30 this weekend from Amazon and this one, thankfully, doesn't suffer from any major uniformity issues. Pink sides are slightly there on slides, but I can't see it in content so that's all good. The green tint in the middle is also very subdued as well and basically impossible to see with content. Hopefully it will go away even more as I get some hours on it. I can finally watch hockey and basketball without going crazy.

Strangely enough it's a July 2011 model (MJ serial) that came with the FBr fix as well as the latest firmware. I think getting an earlier model was really key, even if I don't understand how Amazon still has ones made in July. This one really seems even more uniform than the 20+ I saw in stores so I guess the third time was the charm.
post #5437 of 6435
Reposting my question since I really want an answer.

Another question.

Pixel orbiter. I read somewhere that THX mode has is it disabled. I have two options to chose from, AUTO and ON. On THX it's on AUTO by default (ie. not disabled?) and I can't change it. On GAME mode however I can.

So my question is, what's the difference? I figured if it's auto it's handling itself and doing what it does best (whatever and whenever that is, lol ) and if it's on... the same?

Someone care to explain? I'd like it to be active since it prevents bad stuff, that's about it. Thanks
post #5438 of 6435
Just received my 65vt30 a few days ago. First thing I noticed was that the panel when off is not that black and actually closer to gray. I have a 40 inch Samsing LCD and the panel on that is close to black. Just windering if you guys noticed the same thing.

I am running the break in slides and nothing seems to be wrong at this time.
post #5439 of 6435
Another question, please see my other about pixel orbiter as well.

Anyone here does any gaming? I can't help but feel a bit disappointed about the fact that it's a bit dark. I'm not 100% sure I still want this TV now since i game about 90% of my time on a tv. Obviously I'm getting more into movies with my new purchase but I still feel as if I'm not 100% sure about this. A lot of money for me after all.

Someone out here game? The best mode for me was GAME mode because of its brightness but then again.. it's "dangerous" for my tv. wtf to do :S
post #5440 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizyo View Post

Another question, please see my other about pixel orbiter as well.

Anyone here does any gaming? I can't help but feel a bit disappointed about the fact that it's a bit dark. I'm not 100% sure I still want this TV now since i game about 90% of my time on a tv. Obviously I'm getting more into movies with my new purchase but I still feel as if I'm not 100% sure about this. A lot of money for me after all.

Someone out here game? The best mode for me was GAME mode because of its brightness but then again.. it's "dangerous" for my tv. wtf to do :S

Why would game mode be dangerous. Game Mode on the Panny looks very good in terms of giving the tv great colors and brightness..
post #5441 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by denguz View Post

Just received my 65vt30 a few days ago. First thing I noticed was that the panel when off is not that black and actually closer to gray. I have a 40 inch Samsing LCD and the panel on that is close to black. Just windering if you guys noticed the same thing.

I am running the break in slides and nothing seems to be wrong at this time.

Its normal....
post #5442 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPapi1977 View Post

Why would game mode be dangerous. Game Mode on the Panny looks very good in terms of giving the tv great colors and brightness..

Read a comment about IR and game mode. Making me paranoid lol. But it definitely looks the best.

THX mode just looks CRAP outside of movie viewing imo. So yellow.

Figure most won't look at my other post so, what's the difference between Pixel Orbiter set to AUTO vs ON? I figured auto means it does it all the time but what does ON do then? Sorry for being stupid on this matter.

And again, any VT30 gamers out there? Comfort me pls.
post #5443 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizyo View Post

Read a comment about IR and game mode. Making me paranoid lol. But it definitely looks the best.

THX mode just looks CRAP outside of movie viewing imo. So yellow.

Figure most won't look at my other post so, what's the difference between Pixel Orbiter set to AUTO vs ON? I figured auto means it does it all the time but what does ON do then? Sorry for being stupid on this matter.

And again, any VT30 gamers out there? Comfort me pls.

I dont get burn in this plasma and game mode does not cause game burn.

That is crazy talk. Unless you fall asleep and put torch mode colors on your screen and leave static image on for hours and days then you wont get it

IR will happen in any tv. some more then others but it goes away fast

In game mode just lower the brightness a bit and game on

THX is incredible for movies, and its not yellow. Its warm color

Realistic skin tones require it
post #5444 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPapi1977 View Post

I dont get burn in this plasma and game mode does not cause game burn.

That is crazy talk. Unless you fall asleep and put torch mode colors on your screen and leave static image on for hours and days then you wont get it

IR will happen in any tv. some more then others but it goes away fast

In game mode just lower the brightness a bit and game on

THX is incredible for movies, and its not yellow. Its warm color

Realistic skin tones require it

Thanks for your reply. I get what you say about THX. When viewing movies it doesn't look like what I said at all, only when I tried it on my xbox. On movies it's simply amazing

Anyone know anything about the Pixel Orbiter question?
post #5445 of 6435
As previously asked last Sunday about the Super Bowl, I pose this question. Did anyone watch the Grammys last night? It looked awesome on the 55VT30! And sounded incredible too with ML and Outlaw. But visually from inside the Staples Center in Los Angeles, the upclose shots of the artists, really shined.
post #5446 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaramill View Post

As previously asked last Sunday about the Super Bowl, I pose this question. Did anyone watch the Grammys last night? It looked awesome on the 55VT30! And sounded incredible too with ML and Outlaw. But visually from inside the Staples Center in Los Angeles, the upclose shots of the artists, really shined.

Yeah this VT is amazing. The picture was awesome and my 7.1 made it come alive!
post #5447 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by gce View Post

Yeah this VT is amazing. The picture was awesome and my 7.1 made it come alive!

At a local brick & morter store they had the 65" VT30 & 8000 side by side. The difference to me was obvious. While the 8000 looked cartoonish and lacked depth the VT30 was astonishingly filmlike with beautiful natural lifelike colors.

Needless to say I placed my order without hesitation.
post #5448 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribby2001 View Post

At a local brick & morter store they had the 65" VT30 & 8000 side by side. The difference to me was obvious. While the 8000 looked cartoonish and lacked depth the VT30 was astonishingly filmlike with beautiful natural lifelike colors.

Needless to say I placed my order without hesitation.

As far as I know, you're in for a treat. While I've only owned my set for a week now, I'm already amazed. THE PQ on THX while viewing Avatar was amazing. Don't even get me started on the 3D, lol! Sammys Adventure, Despicable Me are definitely two movies you should get and watch in 3D.

I just hope I'll be as pleased as I am with movies when I start to game on this TV later on. Gaming is one of my biggest interests while at home so it's going to be interesting.
post #5449 of 6435
I'm still within my 45 day return window for the 65VT30, its days are numbered in this house.

We did watch the grammys and any motion was horrible to watch, the image looks like a bunch of squares until motion ends.

When the picture being displayed is not panning around then the image is good otherwise it sucks.

I still think it's TWC but if anyone knows of a setting I should try, lay it on me.

HH
post #5450 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerHarley View Post

I'm still within my 45 day return window for the 65VT30, its days are numbered in this house.

We did watch the grammys and any motion was horrible to watch, the image looks like a bunch of squares until motion ends.

When the picture being displayed is not panning around then the image is good otherwise it sucks.

I still think it's TWC but if anyone knows of a setting I should try, lay it on me.

HH

Does this happen on everything or just cable. It really does not sound like a TV issue.
post #5451 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semp1 View Post

Does this happen on everything or just cable. It really does not sound like a TV issue.

I agree. From everything I have read OTA HD is best, followed closely by Fiber To The Home, then DirecTV (and perhaps DISHnetwork), then cable TV. I won't mention whose HD is the worse (
post #5452 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerHarley View Post

I'm still within my 45 day return window for the 65VT30, its days are numbered in this house.

We did watch the grammys and any motion was horrible to watch, the image looks like a bunch of squares until motion ends.

When the picture being displayed is not panning around then the image is good otherwise it sucks.

I still think it's TWC but if anyone knows of a setting I should try, lay it on me.

HH

You will have a better chance to get help if you describe your setup -- what components and how they are connected.

What settings and options are you using with your display?

Also it's important to know if you are seeing the same thing when you watch Blu-ray movies.

You may have a defective display, but it sounds more like you are having cable TV bandwidth problems. Have you had your cable company check your signal. Of course you may not have cable. I'm just guessing.
post #5453 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semp1 View Post

Does this happen on everything or just cable. It really does not sound like a TV issue.

+1. Agreed. Because I was watching it via DIRECTV HD on my HD DVR (model HR24). Don't return it just yet as it may be Time Warner Cable. And they s**k
post #5454 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribby2001 View Post

I agree. From everything I have read OTA HD is best, followed closely by Fiber To The Home, then DirecTV (and perhaps DISHnetwork), then cable TV. I won't mention whose HD is the worse (

I'd take a little issue with your simplification: Cable is often better than either DirecTV or Dish (particularly on local channels). They use resolution limiting and extra compression. Cable, on the other hand, is somewhat variable. By FCC regulations, they cannot noticeably degrade the broadcast. No such restriction applies to satellite. Further, many local stations feed the cable head end via fiber. It can make a significant difference when the local station has several subchannels (or a 2nd "HD" channel). This is often the case with PBS stations.

HuskyHarley's problems sure sound like a TW issue. However, I've seen similar complaints about sports broadcasts when the problem really with the satellite uplink from the venue to the network.
post #5455 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthSquad View Post

I'd take a little issue with your simplification: Cable is often better than either DirecTV or Dish (particularly on local channels). They use resolution limiting and extra compression. Cable, on the other hand, is somewhat variable. By FCC regulations, they cannot noticeably degrade the broadcast. No such restriction applies to satellite. Further, many local stations feed the cable head end via fiber. It can make a significant difference when the local station has several subchannels (or a 2nd "HD" channel). This is often the case with PBS stations.

HuskyHarley's problems sure sound like a TW issue. However, I've seen similar complaints about sports broadcasts when the problem really with the satellite uplink from the venue to the network.

1+

GIGO holds true even (or especially) with home theater.
post #5456 of 6435
I had DirecTV here in southern California for nine years. Time Warner out here is bad compared to anything else, and they are too expensive. Standard def. was pretty bad until my FiOS install. It is a bunch better, but I believe HD is about the same. I have a 65GT30. With a screen that big, it is hard to hide a bad signal. My kids still watch a bunch of standard def stuff, so FiOS is a plus.
post #5457 of 6435
Curious what settings everyone is using in 3D? Stock 3D settings or any enhanced 3D effect. THX? Contrast and brightness?

Also, I bought Keydex 3d glasses that are "supposed" to work with this TV. IMHO, they're not acceptable, the contrast and black levels are noticeably worse compared to the Panasonic glasses. Has anyone been able to find Panasonic glasses in stock at a reasonable price? Seems like they're either out of stock everywhere or very high priced where in stock? For anyone else looking to buy Universal 3D glasses, I would not advise going with Keydex. I wish someone would have warned me before buying. Do any universal 3d glasses perform as good as the Panasonics, or does one have to stick with Panny glasses?

Thanks
post #5458 of 6435
It's definitely TWC, when I had them out (they wouldn't let me P/U the box) to install extra Signature box (Whole House) the installer said my signal was too strong and he stepped it down via splitters???

No problem with BD, Just regular TV, especially Live broadcast, like the SuperBowl & Grammys, almost unwatchable.

I'm gonna call them tomorrow and give them one last chance, if I don't get the results I expect, then I'm gonna try DTV.

I don't know if a stronger signal is the fix, I suspect they are compressing the main feed to squeeze all the channels they now offer??

HH
post #5459 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerHarley View Post

I don't know if a stronger signal is the fix, I suspect they are compressing the main feed to squeeze all the channels they now offer??

HH

A signal can also be too strong. Compression is possible, but there are other problems that might be possible. I don't know enough to speculate. We had a long period where our Comcast signal was crap. It turned out to be squirrels in some distribution box. In an other situation it was an old drop line from the power poll in our back yard.
post #5460 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Sabin View Post

Do any universal 3d glasses perform as good as the Panasonics, or does one have to stick with Panny glasses?

I personally like the Sony Playstation 3D glasses better than the glasses that came with the set. They are bigger and more comfortable on my head, and in particular the lenses are larger which helps with the effect. I can't compare them to third generation glasses though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic 2011 TC-PxxVT30 Series Thread Discussion Thread [No Price Talk]