or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic 2011 TC-PxxVT30 Series Thread Discussion Thread [No Price Talk]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Panasonic 2011 TC-PxxVT30 Series Thread Discussion Thread [No Price Talk] - Page 184

post #5491 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizyo View Post

Yep you can barely see the screen mate, it's so bad! Jokes aside, if you're in a dark room it's simply amazing. I haven't been bothered by that at all. Even right now when the morning light is shining through my window it's fine. But we all know that plasma is more sensitive to light.

By the way, I was yet again blown away by the PQ of Avatar last night. SO MANY COLOURS.. and they're bright as hell

I just can't help but wonder what it would look like with a calibration.. if what people say is true.

Just wait till you see Avatar 3D on the VT30 (if you haven't yet)--it's pretty amazing.
post #5492 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilG View Post

Did you use the adapter included with the VT?

To be honest, I was so excited when I got my VT that I just mounted it, got the remote and didnt look at any of the stuff in the packet. So there is an audio adapter in there that lets me use toslink audio?
post #5493 of 6435
Obviously, you have not even looked through the owners manual either!
post #5494 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnla View Post

Obviously, you have not even looked through the owners manual either!

I didnt read it cover to cover, but did a text search on the pdf online.
post #5495 of 6435
Like I said, you did not read much if any of the manual. As the manual explains all the cables and adapters that come with the TV.
post #5496 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by saz_1 View Post

To be honest, I was so excited when I got my VT that I just mounted it, got the remote and didnt look at any of the stuff in the packet. So there is an audio adapter in there that lets me use toslink audio?


Well you know the ole' saying, if all fails, read the instructions!
Pages 11 & 13
It should work for ya.
post #5497 of 6435
Thanks. I appreciate the help.

One additional question. Are there any benefits to the PC port? My PC has HDMI out, so I'm just gonna use that unless there is a compelling reason to use the other.
post #5498 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by saz_1 View Post

Thanks. I appreciate the help.

One additional question. Are there any benefits to the PC port? My PC has HDMI out, so I'm just gonna use that unless there is a compelling reason to use the other.

The PC port is for ISF calibration, it's not used for video.
post #5499 of 6435
Great. I think I'm all set. Thanks again for your help.
post #5500 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by saz_1 View Post

Thanks. I appreciate the help.

One additional question. Are there any benefits to the PC port? My PC has HDMI out, so I'm just gonna use that unless there is a compelling reason to use the other.

The HDMI out is a good way to go.
post #5501 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp2005fan View Post

Just wait till you see Avatar 3D on the VT30 (if you haven't yet)--it's pretty amazing.

I haven't! Posted two mails yesterday, hopefully I'll get two Avatar 3Ds! The deal expires this month.

Also extremely eager to watch STAR WARS on BR. Got the whole collection.. refused to watch it with TV sound though. Bought a new HT today, hell yeah!
A few more hours to get it ready so I can try and watch it with the black boxes.. no way I'm zooming on those movies!
post #5502 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilG View Post


Well you know the ole' saying, if all fails, read the instructions!

Actually it's "R_T_F_M"-->

HH
post #5503 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by myoda View Post

It should not degrade the signal, but you might run into some HDCP issues when splitting the blu-ray content to the tv and your monitor.

Give this splitter a shot:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

[......]


Synopsis: This High Speed HDMI® splitter gives you all the latest features and functionality. The splitter can be plugged into a single source (i.e. blu-ray player, Playstation 3®, Xbox 360®, or HD cable box) allowing you to output the video and audio to 2 separate displays.

Thanks, I was looking at that one hard last night. In the details, it says it passes "6.75Gbps (Maximum)", That should be plenty, right? I looked at Wiki real quick and it said Bluray only flows at 40 Mbit/s max.

So that would be more than plenty, correct? If anybody knows different (or has other comments) please speak up.

Thanks
post #5504 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevea2be View Post

You have 5.1 passing back to your receiver or just 2.0?

I'm guessing 2.1. And I only have 3.1 setup right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnla View Post

Like I said, you did not read much if any of the manual. As the manual explains all the cables and adapters that come with the TV.

My manual is now a bit "dog-eared" I've combed through that thing front and back (english section anyway), and I've pretty much got it down to the point where if I can't figure it out via the OSD (On-Screen Display), I'll reference the manual. It really does help to read it before posting a question, though sometimes it's due to impatience
post #5505 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevea2be View Post


You have 5.1 passing back to your receiver or just 2.0?

I have seen 5.1 but I believe there are limitations - just can't remember them. All the MC I care about goes the other direction. This question has been asked and answered numerous times on his thread, I'm sure a search for ARC will get you your answer in a few minutes.
post #5506 of 6435
Anyone know what the Serial Number flag would be for a TC-P65VT30 2012 January or February build?

ergo: xx????xxxxxx
post #5507 of 6435
So I got the 65VT30 delivered by Amazon today

Anybody game on this tv and can share their gaming settings.

Do you use Game mode or thx....I feel that game mode is crushing black for some reason.

Anybody can share what they use for xbox would be helpful
post #5508 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet25 View Post

Has anyone used a Monoprice LP wall mount, model 6523 to mount your 65VT30 with good results? If so, what was your installation procedure?

I've always been satisfied with Monoprice products in the past, so picked up the 6523 wall mount to use with my 65VT30. I used the 3/4" spacers to gain a bit more room. After hanging the set (sure feels heavier than 124 lbs), I realized that there wasn't enough room behind the panel to plug in all the cables.

So, had to remove the 65VT30 to install the cables prior to hanging and noticed that the upper edge of the wall plate where the hooks attach to was bent (no longer at 90 degrees)! Apparently, the weight of the panel via the hooks pulling on this edge caused it to distort. I was surprised this happened, since the 6523 is rated for 200 lbs. Maybe my unit is defective, I will check with Monoprice.

I just mounted mine with part 8586. It's only rated at 125 Also have it nearly extended to fit properly in my corner. It bent down less than half an inch once I put the TV on. Very sturdy. It also pushes nearly flat so I can move the entire TV against the wall it's mounted on if I ever choose to. Obviously not as flat as a low pro mount, but still better than my old Hitachi 42" without a mount!
post #5509 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilG View Post

The PC port is for ISF calibration, it's not used for video.

I suspect he meant the VGA port via the adapter. As for which is best, if you have an ATI video card be aware that they will sometimes (a lot of the times) underscan by a good bit over HDMI if using a DVI adapter. the VGA would be much better if that's the case. PQ wise, gonna be real hard to see any differences as long as you have a good quality (ferrite cored) VGA cable. If the video card has native HDMI out, you'd be good there.

Also, the PC port, RS-232 9 pin one, can be used for automation systems or just for fun to mess with people, jack it into your HTPC and log in remotely to change channels and such when the wife is home!
post #5510 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKinDC View Post

I have seen 5.1 but I believe there are limitations - just can't remember them. All the MC I care about goes the other direction. This question has been asked and answered numerous times on his thread, I'm sure a search for ARC will get you your answer in a few minutes.

On ARC from TV set to receiver I too only get 2 channel so I have to connect first to receiver then to TV
post #5511 of 6435
does netflix from viera tools offer 5.1? mine are HD only and stereo soudn...doesnt even mention 5.1 ...but on ps3 it does...any help?
post #5512 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

does netflix from viera tools offer 5.1? mine are HD only and stereo soudn...doesnt even mention 5.1 ...but on ps3 it does...any help?

I read somewhere only stereo and I confirmed it to be true on mine.
I have a Panny BluRay player and it gets 5.1 and the interface is slightly different.
post #5513 of 6435
thanks for the quick reply...gues its through the ps3 for me...thanks!
post #5514 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizyo View Post

I haven't! Posted two mails yesterday, hopefully I'll get two Avatar 3Ds! The deal expires this month.

Also extremely eager to watch STAR WARS on BR. Got the whole collection.. refused to watch it with TV sound though. Bought a new HT today, hell yeah!
A few more hours to get it ready so I can try and watch it with the black boxes.. no way I'm zooming on those movies!

Excellent! Have fun!
post #5515 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaramill View Post

I'm guessing 2.1. And I only have 3.1 setup right now.
My manual is now a bit "dog-eared" I've combed through that thing front and back (english section anyway), and I've pretty much got it down to the point where if I can't figure it out via the OSD (On-Screen Display), I'll reference the manual. It really does help to read it before posting a question, though sometimes it's due to impatience

For anyone new, the manual is also available as a downloadable pdf (see the FAQ for link). Makes searching really fast. (Plus, the print can be made bigger for the old guys, i.e. me )
post #5516 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

thanks for the quick reply...gues its through the ps3 for me...thanks!

I forgot all about going through the PS3 to access Amazon to try and get 5.1 instead of the 2.0 through the TV app. That would seem the way to make the most sense and the easiest route to go.
post #5517 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

thanks for the quick reply...gues its through the ps3 for me...thanks!

So far, Amazon video does not work with the PS3.
post #5518 of 6435
So I got my 65VT30 from Amazon yesterday and this morning I see a stuck pixel on the top left. Very frustrating to say the least....

I was also extremely dissapointed with the Amazon white glove service

Just last July I ordered the Samsung Plasma and they came and unboxed it and put the stand on it and plugged it in and left

This time they took the top of the box and made sure no cracks and left

I asked if they would plug it in to make sure it works and he said plasmas cannot be turned on for a few hours and we no longer help mount it as per amazon

I was pissed because the tv is huge and heavy

I had to get a neighbor help me with this and got it up but found the stuck pixel which is bugging me

So Now AMazon is sending a rep but they tell me that I have to put it in the box for them to pick it up and the new one they must turn it on for me and put the base which they did not even do the first time

I am upset because how am I going to unload the tv myself and pack it all by myself and then these guys come and leave the new tv there in the box and not help me load it

Very upsetting
post #5519 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnV View Post

Anyone know what the Serial Number flag would be for a TC-P65VT30 2012 January or February build?

So no one has received a TV lately with a serial number higher then xx1215xxxxxx ?
post #5520 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnV View Post

So no one has received a TV lately with a serial number higher then xx1215xxxxxx ?

I received a January 2012 build as replacement from Panasonic. Serial is MJ2011xxxxxx.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic 2011 TC-PxxVT30 Series Thread Discussion Thread [No Price Talk]