or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic 2011 TC-PxxVT30 Series Thread Discussion Thread [No Price Talk]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Panasonic 2011 TC-PxxVT30 Series Thread Discussion Thread [No Price Talk] - Page 213

post #6361 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

You may just have your contrast, which controls brightness, set to high. Try lowering contrast or better yet, get a calibration disk like Disney's WoW and set both brightness (black level) and contrast (brightness).

the set has been professionally calibrated with ISF modes. ISF settings prevent changes to brightness and contrast unfortunately. Will try other modes, ie cinema, THX to see if this makes a diff..

thx,
post #6362 of 6435
tried other modes with contrast, brightness reduced and no difference.... here's a pic of what I'm seeing:

post #6363 of 6435
forgot to mention what to look for... the image of the background bar extends across the subject's forehead. Unfortunately the lighting doesn't do the problem justice. It's more noticeable on the TV than here..
post #6364 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownriggd View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

You may just have your contrast, which controls brightness, set to high. Try lowering contrast or better yet, get a calibration disk like Disney's WoW and set both brightness (black level) and contrast (brightness).

the set has been professionally calibrated with ISF modes. ISF settings prevent changes to brightness and contrast unfortunately. Will try other modes, ie cinema, THX to see if this makes a diff..

thx,
Have you talked to your calibrator about the problem? He may have better ideas that amateurs like me. wink.gif
post #6365 of 6435
Does anyone know if a TC55VT30 can get a web browser via a firmware upgrade? Will this ever be possible? Also, the Pandora channel via Vieracast has a much more inferior user interface compared to other Pandora offerings (e.g. iPad, Google TV,etc). There is no later version of Pandora via the Panasonic online store. Any idea if this is what we're stuck with?

Thanks!
post #6366 of 6435
Considering this is a 2011 model, I doubt Panasonic will be adding new features via firmware updates. Their 2012 BluRay players had new features and better interfaces than their 2011 players, which were never upgraded to match the 2012 models.
post #6367 of 6435
Sorry if this has been discussed I couldnt find it as I may be using the wrong terminology.

Can the VT30's UV filter be fixed? Basically have option to get one of these tv's where someone has used an polish on the film and essentially rubbed it off so its now shines in that spot. Rest of the TV is perfect..

Is it possible to remove the film ? I heard in the past people used to put car tint onto screens for better blacks, so thought perhaps remove and replace but just not sure if anyone has seen this?

Thanks,
post #6368 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by FraG_AU View Post

Sorry if this has been discussed I couldnt find it as I may be using the wrong terminology.

Can the VT30's UV filter be fixed? Basically have option to get one of these tv's where someone has used an polish on the film and essentially rubbed it off so its now shines in that spot. Rest of the TV is perfect..

Is it possible to remove the film ? I heard in the past people used to put car tint onto screens for better blacks, so thought perhaps remove and replace but just not sure if anyone has seen this?

Thanks,
I wouldn't recommend it.
post #6369 of 6435
My son left my home theater PC paused and TV on all night! I know have burn in eek.gif
I'll be gone all day for a family gathering. Hoping someone can tell me the best thing to do to the television while I'm gone today. Any specific images or content I should be playing while I'm away? Please help!

EDIT: I searched and see there is a snow pattern I need to play. Can anyone point me toward the link real quick?
Edited by IA_Chiefs_fan - 3/31/13 at 6:33am
post #6370 of 6435
I bought a VT30 new (Oct. 2011) and out of the box did the slides and put D-Nice's setting in. The other day I turned it on and noticed a problem that I have in my attached pic. The pic you see I had on pause and in a few minutes it went away. I've seen this watching TV and watching a BD.

IMG_3550.jpg 435k .jpg file

Looked on the forum but couldn't seem to find this problem, I'm sure its here tho. Has anyone had or know what this could be?

Thanks
post #6371 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan View Post

My son left my home theater PC paused and TV on all night! I know have burn in eek.gif
I'll be gone all day for a family gathering. Hoping someone can tell me the best thing to do to the television while I'm gone today. Any specific images or content I should be playing while I'm away?
You do not have burn-in. What you have is image retention (IR) which is temporary.

Run a Blu-ray or DVD movie that's full screen on repeat when you're not using your display for normal viewing. That and some time is all it takes. Be patient, because it's going to take longer to get rid of IR than it took to create it. Full screen Pixar movies do a good job.
post #6372 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

You do not have burn-in. What you have is image retention (IR) which is temporary.

Run a Blu-ray or DVD movie that's full screen on repeat when you're not using your display for normal viewing. That and some time is all it takes. Be patient, because it's going to take longer to get rid of IR than it took to create it. Full screen Pixar movies do a good job.
Okay, thank you very much for taking time to respond.
post #6373 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

You do not have burn-in. What you have is image retention (IR) which is temporary.

Run a Blu-ray or DVD movie that's full screen on repeat when you're not using your display for normal viewing. That and some time is all it takes. Be patient, because it's going to take longer to get rid of IR than it took to create it. Full screen Pixar movies do a good job.
Okay, thank you very much for taking time to respond.
You're welcome. smile.gif

So is your son. eek.gif
post #6374 of 6435
I own a Panasonic vt30 65 TV. I'd like to cancel my Comcast cable and rely solely on Netflix (streaming and DVD services) and local HD digital channels using a digital converter.

My question is, do these televisions have a built in digital converter/tuner?

If so, how can you test it out to see if you can pick up the locally broadcast digital channels?

If it doesn't have a digital converter/tuner built in or it's unable to pick up a signal with the one it does have, should I buy a digital converter/tuner that hooks up to the TV that will be strong enough to pick up those stations? Are there certain brands/models that people recommend?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Sincere,

Matt
post #6375 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewPDX View Post

I own a Panasonic vt30 65 TV. I'd like to cancel my Comcast cable and rely solely on Netflix (streaming and DVD services) and local HD digital channels using a digital converter.

My question is, do these televisions have a built in digital converter/tuner?

If so, how can you test it out to see if you can pick up the locally broadcast digital channels?

If it doesn't have a digital converter/tuner built in or it's unable to pick up a signal with the one it does have, should I buy a digital converter/tuner that hooks up to the TV that will be strong enough to pick up those stations? Are there certain brands/models that people recommend?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Sincere,

Matt

I don't believe you need anything other than an hd ota antenna
post #6376 of 6435
It has a tuner built in and you'll actually get the highest quality picture via your antenna anyway!
Just hook up the antenna in the back, have it scan for channels and you'll be ready to go.
As a backup to DirecTv I have an antenna hooked up, works awesome.
post #6377 of 6435
Ok, so having a built in tuner doesn't mean we'd get a signal unless we get a HD antenna?
Should we buy an outdoor HD antenna or would an indoor one hooked directly up to the TV be enough?

Thanks again!

Once we hook up the antenna, do we just do a channel scan to see what comes in?
post #6378 of 6435
Whether you need outdoor or indoor depends on your area are you rural or metro? Yes channel scam after antenna is connected
post #6379 of 6435
My 65VT30 died today frown.gif, after a year and a half the TV doesn't want to turn on anymore. No red flashing light or anything just the usual clicking sound that you hear when you turn on the TV but nothing happens....

The culprit maybe the vacuum, since we were cleaning the carpet but the TV wasn't on and it is connected to a surge protector (which still work). I thought those things were supposed to prevent overloads go figure I'm sad
post #6380 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by nando820 View Post

My 65VT30 died today frown.gif, after a year and a half the TV doesn't want to turn on anymore. No red flashing light or anything just the usual clicking sound that you hear when you turn on the TV but nothing happens....

The culprit maybe the vacuum, since we were cleaning the carpet but the TV wasn't on and it is connected to a surge protector (which still work). I thought those things were supposed to prevent overloads go figure I'm sad
It may just be a dead power supply board. If so, that's a simple repair. Except tor the number of screws involved, it's not much more than replacing a card in a desktop PC.
post #6381 of 6435
I have a squaretrade warranty on my VT30. Anyone, have any recommendations on getting the A-board swap with this warranty. I know I'm late to the party with the swap, but I wanted to keep my pro-calibration. And now I'm thinking of doing swap and getting it re-calibrated. Thanks
post #6382 of 6435
Have you contacted square trade yet?
post #6383 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Riddle View Post

Have you contacted square trade yet?

No, not yet.
post #6384 of 6435
Did you ever contact Squaretrade, or did you decide to stay with your current A-Board and calibrated settings?
post #6385 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwz1983 View Post

I have a squaretrade warranty on my VT30. Anyone, have any recommendations on getting the A-board swap with this warranty. I know I'm late to the party with the swap, but I wanted to keep my pro-calibration. And now I'm thinking of doing swap and getting it re-calibrated. Thanks
I hope I don't have that problem,for better safety I ran all my home theater equipment to separated fused amp on fused box,plus got a surge protector that cost over five hundred dollars,my tv was calibrated too,i hope things went well with you
post #6386 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by gce View Post

I bought a VT30 new (Oct. 2011) and out of the box did the slides and put D-Nice's setting in. The other day I turned it on and noticed a problem that I have in my attached pic. The pic you see I had on pause and in a few minutes it went away. I've seen this watching TV and watching a BD.

IMG_3550.jpg 435k .jpg file

Looked on the forum but couldn't seem to find this problem, I'm sure its here tho. Has anyone had or know what this could be?

Thanks

i have this same problem, now it wont turn on and i have the 7 blinks error code
post #6387 of 6435
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceaverill View Post

i have this same problem, now it wont turn on and i have the 7 blinks error code

Here's what I had to do to get mine fixed. I called Panasonic and they said sorry, you're out of warranty but were also insistent that I call an authorized repair shop. Obviously I was angry and just wanted it fixed, called the shop who came out and gave me an estimate.. then, told me to call Panasonic back regardless of what they had already told me! Started to get the impression, this is how it's done.. so with estimate in hand I called Panasonic back again explaining I was only months out of warranty and now had a potential repair bill of $700 dollars, wasn't there anything they could do to help?! They went from "Sorry" to lets submit a case for review, took a lot more information from me, I got a case number and was given e-mail address to submit the estimate to. Couple days later they got back to us and offered to cover about half the cost.

What it needed (and yes I also had the 7 blinks of death) was 3 boards (SC, SU and SD) He also put new and improved screws in all the boards so it would not ever start buzzing. This all cost me $345 and I am very happy with what Panasonic did with it being out of warranty and really I think the picture looks better then it did before.

Good luck...
post #6388 of 6435
Hey guys -

I made a separate post for this yesterday, but perhaps I should put it here instead since people might be subscribed to this thread.

I am currently troubleshooting my Panasonic Plasma P65VT30 TV. I have owned it about a year. I had to get the power supply board replaced not too long after buying it due to the original one failing. Ever since that time, I have had a buzz coming from the TV whenever a completely blank/black screen is shown.

After Googling around a bit, I decided to investigate the issue. I've isolated the location that the buzz comes from (and it seems to be the smaller of the two board that make up the power supply board).

What I am wondering is - Is the buzz I am hearing coming from the transformer or something else?

I am not sure if you can tell from just listening to the video or not. I am including a link here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg9guk4PqeY

I did tighten a couple of screws on the board that appears to make the noise, however the noise didn't change.

Appreciate any thoughts!
post #6389 of 6435
I did notice that applying pressure to the top of the transformer housing reduces the volume of the buzz by a noticeable amount. It makes me wonder if replacing the transformer would make a difference as well as if the TV power is simply out of spec and hitting a harmonic that it shouldn't be (when screen is completely black).
post #6390 of 6435
If you just had someone install it then have them come back and look at it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic 2011 TC-PxxVT30 Series Thread Discussion Thread [No Price Talk]