or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Uneven Image? - Page 2

post #31 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

Checking right now...... Yup. When I use grid or white the lines clearly showed on the black frame. Makes it visible clear as day. So does this mean something might be wrong? From what I hear it sure as heck sounds like this isn't a normal issue.

Okay, I could be wrong, but if the grid is showing up on the black frame, I get the impression that you have your projector set to 4:3 and you have the source set at 16:9 (playstation, xbox, whatever).

Essentially, it sounds to me like you're projecting at 16:9 within the projectors 4:3 setting. I know you implied that the projector was already set to 16:9, but if you click on the button that actually says "16:9" on the remote control that came with the projector, does the aspect ratio of the grid change at all? Also try the other aspect ratios like Native, LBX, and then 4:3.
post #32 of 39
Does the grid show on the frame only at the top and bottom or does it show on all four sides? What size is your screen (white area only)? What is your throw distance?
post #33 of 39
Thread Starter 
It shows mainly on the top and bottom. The sides seem normal.
post #34 of 39
So what happened when you changed the aspect ratio with the projector remote?
post #35 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrift View Post

So what happened when you changed the aspect ratio with the projector remote?

Nothing. The image didn't change. Just stayed there as if it was already 16x9
post #36 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

Nothing. The image didn't change. Just stayed there as if it was already 16x9

That doesn't sound right... And you're saying this is the second Optoma HD20 you've personally experienced this issue with?

What happens if you try to change the aspect ratio within the projector menu. The shape of the grid pattern (if you still have that up) should change as you select different aspect ratios I believe (I currently have my HD20 in for some repairs, so can't test to confirm myself).
post #37 of 39
Take a picture of the grid patern on the screen......
post #38 of 39
You need to post screen size and throw distance. I am pretty sure that your problem is this:

You are throwing a 4:3 image onto a 16:9 screen, with the image zoomed so that it fills to the sides. In doing that the bars would be outside the screen on the top and bottom.

That is pretty much the only explanation, since you have exchanged the projector and have the same problem. Nothing wrong with the projector, it is incorrectly set up. You may have the projector too close to the screen so that you can't fill the screen when in 16:9 mode. That is why you need to give us the screen size (height and width) and the throw distance.
post #39 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrift View Post

That doesn't sound right... And you're saying this is the second Optoma HD20 you've personally experienced this issue with?

What happens if you try to change the aspect ratio within the projector menu. The shape of the grid pattern (if you still have that up) should change as you select different aspect ratios I believe (I currently have my HD20 in for some repairs, so can't test to confirm myself).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewke View Post

Take a picture of the grid patern on the screen......

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjg100 View Post

You need to post screen size and throw distance. I am pretty sure that your problem is this:

You are throwing a 4:3 image onto a 16:9 screen, with the image zoomed so that it fills to the sides. In doing that the bars would be outside the screen on the top and bottom.

That is pretty much the only explanation, since you have exchanged the projector and have the same problem. Nothing wrong with the projector, it is incorrectly set up. You may have the projector too close to the screen so that you can't fill the screen when in 16:9 mode. That is why you need to give us the screen size (height and width) and the throw distance.

Hmmm. Ok. I'll take more shots and measure it out today when I get back home. See if that changes anything. Thanks for all the help so far guys.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home