or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - Page 367

post #10981 of 16108

The Good, the Bad, the Weird (2008)

 

post #10982 of 16108
Ralph is back at it again fellas. He wrote the soundtrack for Pacific Rim is reference quality and the LFE channel is mixed on the hot side.biggrin.gif
post #10983 of 16108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

I actually just watched Transformers 3 last night again and agree with you.

T3 was good.

Here are my quick go to's for audio.

Battle LA
Terminator Salvation
WWZ is a new one (I don't know if it's my room or setup but the grenade sweep as I commented on earlier is insane)
Oblivion
Finding Nemo for the ummm, younger bass heads. biggrin.gif

I really want to try Tron but am nervous about all the reports of the massive clipping damaging speakers. frown.gif
post #10984 of 16108
He has a 15hz tuned Sub so it would sound good. It is recorded high according to the chart. He could be right for his system.
post #10985 of 16108
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemiza View Post

Ralph is back at it again fellas. He wrote the soundtrack for Pacific Rim is reference quality and the LFE channel is mixed on the hot side.biggrin.gif

 

I don't know about reference quality but the movie does have a lot of loud 30hz scenes.

post #10986 of 16108
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemiza View Post

Ralph is back at it again fellas. He wrote the soundtrack for Pacific Rim is reference quality and the LFE channel is mixed on the hot side.biggrin.gif

This thread isn't about everyone agreeing with your opinion ! and its surely very poor taste to post such a comment !
post #10987 of 16108
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemiza View Post

Ralph is back at it again fellas. He wrote the soundtrack for Pacific Rim is reference quality and the LFE channel is mixed on the hot side.biggrin.gif

although I've learned to distrust his audio reviews and consider them now irrelevant to my purchasing decision, I will say this: His visual review of the content is extremely critical in a great way IMO and I trust it 100%.
post #10988 of 16108
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofan1 View Post

This thread isn't about everyone agreeing with your opinion ! and its surely very poor taste to post such a comment !
Not giving an opinion that was a statement. Relax...I didn't disagree with what he wrote.
Edited by kemiza - 10/10/13 at 4:23pm
post #10989 of 16108
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass addict View Post

T3 was good.

Here are my quick go to's for audio.

Battle LA
Terminator Salvation
WWZ is a new one (I don't know if it's my room or setup but the grenade sweep as I commented on earlier is insane)
Oblivion
Finding Nemo for the ummm, younger bass heads. biggrin.gif

I really want to try Tron but am nervous about all the reports of the massive clipping damaging speakers. frown.gif

It's fine and so will your speakers. Give it a go thru it has awesome bass and visuals.
post #10990 of 16108
^right because your amp is not sending a clipped signal. It's just recorded that way. But your speakers and subs won't actually receive a clipped signal
post #10991 of 16108
Quote:
Finding Nemo for the ummm, younger bass heads. biggrin.gif

LOL And to that I would add the INCREDIBLES smile.gif
post #10992 of 16108
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nn View Post

LOL And to that I would add the INCREDIBLES smile.gif
Httyd is top of yhe list
post #10993 of 16108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

Httyd is top of yhe list

I know we’re supposed to know the abbreviations but I’m lost on that one Brian? Can you help me out?
post #10994 of 16108
How to train your dragon
post #10995 of 16108
Thanks MK
post #10996 of 16108
Sorry hahah
post #10997 of 16108
Was hoping to get clarification on Master and Commander. I just bought the latest blu ray edition and it has a Lossless DTS-MA 5.1 track and a Dolby Digital (lossy) 5.1 track. When I look at the official bass list I see this under the 4 1/2 stars section:

Master & Commander: The Far Side of the World(dts dvd)


I'm assuming the DTS-MA 5.1 track is the garbage filtered one, but wanted to know if the DD 5.1 track is closer in comparison to the dts dvd mix or to the DTS-MA one?
post #10998 of 16108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

It's fine and so will your speakers. Give it a go thru it has awesome bass and visuals.

I love the movie, I just heard so many horror stories about the clipping. I thought the same thing about not sending a clipped signal (it just being recorded that way), but there were a few different reports of movie theaters toasting speakers. I've always been confused about that but I'd rather be safe then sorry.

That being said; they seemed to make it through STID just fine. biggrin.gif
post #10999 of 16108
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass addict View Post

I love the movie, I just heard so many horror stories about the clipping. I thought the same thing about not sending a clipped signal (it just being recorded that way), but there were a few different reports of movie theaters toasting speakers. I've always been confused about that but I'd rather be safe then sorry.

That being said; they seemed to make it through STID just fine. biggrin.gif


Tron Legacy is a favorite of mine personally for LFE and the clipping did not bother me in that one while it did in STID.......go figure. confused.gif Give Legacy a spin though as it is one FUN LFE ride. cool.gif
post #11000 of 16108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bass addict View Post

I love the movie, I just heard so many horror stories about the clipping. I thought the same thing about not sending a clipped signal (it just being recorded that way), but there were a few different reports of movie theaters toasting speakers. I've always been confused about that but I'd rather be safe then sorry.

That being said; they seemed to make it through STID just fine. biggrin.gif


Tron Legacy is a favorite of mine personally for LFE and the clipping did not bother me in that one while it did in STID.......go figure. confused.gif Give Legacy a spin though as it is one FUN LFE ride. cool.gif
And it has some cool visuals, especially if your display has a pretty good Contrast Ratio. Having Olivia Wilde to look at doesn't hurt either.


Max
post #11001 of 16108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkazador View Post

The Good, the Bad, the Weird (2008)



Hi Mrkazador,

I love the all the graphs you are posting. But can you please give us either the movie is a 5 Star, 4 Star, 3 Star, 2 Star or a 1 Star. Or you can do a 4.5 Star. Without you providing the Star, I have now idea what the graph is showing me and where does it rank with the rest of the BASS movie list. For Example:

The Good, the Bad, the Weird (2008) - 3 Star

That way, I know how the movie is rank in the BASS category.

Thanks!!!!
post #11002 of 16108
Quote:





BRING IT ON PACIFIC RIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



LOL!!
post #11003 of 16108
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantaraydesign View Post

Hi Mrkazador,

I love the all the graphs you are posting. But can you please give us either the movie is a 5 Star, 4 Star, 3 Star, 2 Star or a 1 Star. Or you can do a 4.5 Star. Without you providing the Star, I have now idea what the graph is showing me and where does it rank with the rest of the BASS movie list. For Example:

The Good, the Bad, the Weird (2008) - 3 Star

That way, I know how the movie is rank in the BASS category.

Thanks!!!!

I'm not good at ranking movies. If you want a good ranking system based on data then check out

http://data-bass.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/12-the-low-frequency-content-thread-films-games-music-etc/
post #11004 of 16108
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbluemax1 View Post

And it has some cool visuals, especially if your display has a pretty good Contrast Ratio. Having Olivia Wilde to look at doesn't hurt either.


Max

Amen. I'm not running a top of the line projector; but I think it will look just fine on my HC9000 panamorph combo. Oblivion was breathtaking.
post #11005 of 16108
Just wanted to say thanks, guys, for costing me ~$350 for 35 BluRays I've bought since I started reading this thread last week.

I basically bought every BR on the list that was 80% or higher on Rotten Tomatoes.

Still can't do ****** movies no matter the bass.

smile.gif
post #11006 of 16108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo1234 View Post

Which source?

The graph was taken from an early release with hardcoded asian subtitles. I figure it's a worse case scenario.
Ive only watched half the movie but so far its one of the best bass movies I've played on my system in a long time. A huge breath of fresh air considering all the high profile disappointments we've had lately.

Some more








post #11007 of 16108

Trollhunter (2010)

 

post #11008 of 16108
Thanks for your graphs, Mrkazador smile.gif

I've added a couple more to the wishlist! lol
post #11009 of 16108
Seriously? There's no Titan AE on bluray? That is so ridiculous!
post #11010 of 16108
Quote:
Originally Posted by MemX View Post

Thanks for your graphs, Mrkazador smile.gif

I've added a couple more to the wishlist! lol

+1, I appreciate all the work on posting the PvA graphs... Also, SpideyJoe, thanks for the graphs on Elysium.... a breath of fresh air for sure.. keep em comin! smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts