or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - Page 55

post #1621 of 16107
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooskinny View Post

Just watched the new Conan. Had some scenes with serious bass.


How was the movie? I heard it wasn't very good.


Ian
post #1622 of 16107
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailiang View Post

How was the movie? I heard it wasn't very good.


Ian

It wasn't the best, but for the bass it kept me watching.............
post #1623 of 16107
Quote:
Originally Posted by SbWillie View Post

Speaking of IMAX, the top theater in the US is opening their new $10M IMAX in one month! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdY-rA8C_QM

Had no idea they had the biggest (that what she said) imax. 4000SF!

Can i stay at your place while i visit? I have to experience that theater!
post #1624 of 16107
green lantern...what the heck...IMO, lacked in the lf department. There were a couple scenes but nothing that nocked my socks off.
post #1625 of 16107
I saw Cars 2 at the drive in on mini van speakers so I had no idea what to expect from the bluray. The animation studios are getting it right in terms of LFE.
post #1626 of 16107
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesquin View Post

I saw Cars 2 at the drive in on mini van speakers so I had no idea what to expect from the bluray. The animation studios are getting it right in terms of LFE.

Also watched Cars 2 today not to shabby had all 4 subs rocking fairly good.
post #1627 of 16107
Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post

Had no idea they had the biggest (that what she said) imax. 4000SF!

Can i stay at your place while i visit? I have to experience that theater!

The current Warren theaters have good bass (pants flapping,etc) but I'm still hoping for a `hit my chest' type of bass experience in the IMAX. We have a LieMax AMC theater on the northside which has more bass but is way too bright sounding (car audioesque)! Will be fun for sure!
post #1628 of 16107
watched Indiana Jones Kingdom of the Crystal Skull...bass was weak most of the movie, but a couple of parts were alright.
post #1629 of 16107
Finally got a chance to watch Thor on Bluray. WOW, the bass was something else in that movie. My subs haven't worked this hard in a while.

Also watched Fast Five. Bass was pretty good but nothing compared to Thor.
post #1630 of 16107
This is how I would rate the latest super hero movies in the bass department:

1. Thor
2. X-Men: First Class
3. Captain America
4. Green Lantern
post #1631 of 16107
1 and 2 could be switched around depending on the extension the system is capable of. I can only reach to 16Hz with authority, so I know I am missing out some on X:1, but Thor was a great experience and very well done....

JSS
post #1632 of 16107
I also agree with many others here that Cap'n A was very good. Not a bass fest, but done well when called for. Definitely a better expereince in my home than at the theater.

JSS
post #1633 of 16107
how was the movie green lantern? it looks stupid.
post #1634 of 16107
Was anyone else disappointed with TF Dark of the Moon? Rant here.

Mostly I mean the movie itself. I thought that the opening and first hour of the movie was great with the tie ins to historical events and the older movies. I thought there were some really funny parts too and the new girlfriend is easy to watch on screen for sure. By the last 45mins of the movie I got more and more bored with it as the action got completely ludicrous and seemed to just go on and on without a point. By ludicrous I mean that some of the action sequences just seemed completely ridiculous to me. Yes I know that this is a large action film and the ridiculous is common place but for some reason this one really bugged me and caused me to lose interest. Sentinel beats Prime up with ease 2 or 3 times but Megatron who is half dead owns him? That is followed by Prime ending Megatron in like 2 hits? Shockwave who is made out as a badass who could probably whip any of the others gets basically taken out by snipers and small arms fire? I mean he shoots Prime once from like 2 blocks away and wrecks Optimus who ends up entangled and removed from the equation for half of the final battle? I just wanted it wrapped up. At one point it seemed like the movie skipped ahead a chapter the transition to another scene was so disjointed. Seems like they tried to squish 2 movies worth of script into 1 and the result was hurried and disjointed and overly long on top of it.

I was unimpressed with the bass a little too actually. I mean it had some loud stuff but I would probably give it a 4.0 at most. The bass was limited in extension as has been documented but even worse it seemed to lack the diversity that other top bass fests have. There were a couple of parts that were really nice and switched it up with a sweep, or descent, I will give it that though. There was so much action at the end that everything just felt like the same monotone 30-50Hz thuds and booms after a while. Less is more sometimes.

Sorry...I was really disappointed with this if you can't tell.

X-men First Class FTW.
post #1635 of 16107
Agree with this all. It was just WAY too long, me and my little nephews as well as my brother just wanted it to end. Bass didn't seem that great IMO.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post

Was anyone else disappointed with TF Dark of the Moon? Rant here.

Mostly I mean the movie itself. I thought that the opening and first hour of the movie was great with the tie ins to historical events and the older movies. I thought there were some really funny parts too and the new girlfriend is easy to watch on screen for sure. By the last 45mins of the movie I got more and more bored with it as the action got completely ludicrous and seemed to just go on and on without a point. By ludicrous I mean that some of the action sequences just seemed completely ridiculous to me. Yes I know that this is a large action film and the ridiculous is common place but for some reason this one really bugged me and caused me to lose interest. Sentinel beats Prime up with ease 2 or 3 times but Megatron who is half dead owns him? That is followed by Prime ending Megatron in like 2 hits? Shockwave who is made out as a badass who could probably whip any of the others gets basically taken out by snipers and small arms fire? I mean he shoots Prime once from like 2 blocks away and wrecks Optimus who ends up entangled and removed from the equation for half of the final battle? I just wanted it wrapped up. At one point it seemed like the movie skipped ahead a chapter the transition to another scene was so disjointed. Seems like they tried to squish 2 movies worth of script into 1 and the result was hurried and disjointed and overly long on top of it.

I was unimpressed with the bass a little too actually. I mean it had some loud stuff but I would probably give it a 4.0 at most. The bass was limited in extension as has been documented but even worse it seemed to lack the diversity that other top bass fests have. There were a couple of parts that were really nice and switched it up with a sweep, or descent, I will give it that though. There was so much action at the end that everything just felt like the same monotone 30-50Hz thuds and booms after a while. Less is more sometimes.

Sorry...I was really disappointed with this if you can't tell.

X-men First Class FTW.
post #1636 of 16107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post

Was anyone else disappointed with TF Dark of the Moon? Rant here.

Mostly I mean the movie itself. I thought that the opening and first hour of the movie was great with the tie ins to historical events and the older movies. I thought there were some really funny parts too and the new girlfriend is easy to watch on screen for sure. By the last 45mins of the movie I got more and more bored with it as the action got completely ludicrous and seemed to just go on and on without a point. By ludicrous I mean that some of the action sequences just seemed completely ridiculous to me. Yes I know that this is a large action film and the ridiculous is common place but for some reason this one really bugged me and caused me to lose interest. Sentinel beats Prime up with ease 2 or 3 times but Megatron who is half dead owns him? That is followed by Prime ending Megatron in like 2 hits? Shockwave who is made out as a badass who could probably whip any of the others gets basically taken out by snipers and small arms fire? I mean he shoots Prime once from like 2 blocks away and wrecks Optimus who ends up entangled and removed from the equation for half of the final battle? I just wanted it wrapped up. At one point it seemed like the movie skipped ahead a chapter the transition to another scene was so disjointed. Seems like they tried to squish 2 movies worth of script into 1 and the result was hurried and disjointed and overly long on top of it.

I was unimpressed with the bass a little too actually. I mean it had some loud stuff but I would probably give it a 4.0 at most. The bass was limited in extension as has been documented but even worse it seemed to lack the diversity that other top bass fests have. There were a couple of parts that were really nice and switched it up with a sweep, or descent, I will give it that though. There was so much action at the end that everything just felt like the same monotone 30-50Hz thuds and booms after a while. Less is more sometimes.

Sorry...I was really disappointed with this if you can't tell.

X-men First Class FTW.

The only thing I will disagree on is Megatron easily whipping Sentinel because he shot him in the back, he really did not fight him. Basically Sentinel owned everyone and it took a back stab to get him down. That is all, the rest I agree with. I still liked it though as I can't help myself with action movies.
post #1637 of 16107
Bringing in Leonard Nimoy to voice sentinel was cool though.

Random question: Does anybody know off hand when Super 8 comes out on BR?
post #1638 of 16107
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricci View Post

was anyone else disappointed with tf dark of the moon? Rant here.

Mostly i mean the movie itself. I thought that the opening and first hour of the movie was great with the tie ins to historical events and the older movies. I thought there were some really funny parts too and the new girlfriend is easy to watch on screen for sure. By the last 45mins of the movie i got more and more bored with it as the action got completely ludicrous and seemed to just go on and on without a point. By ludicrous i mean that some of the action sequences just seemed completely ridiculous to me. Yes i know that this is a large action film and the ridiculous is common place but for some reason this one really bugged me and caused me to lose interest. Sentinel beats prime up with ease 2 or 3 times but megatron who is half dead owns him? That is followed by prime ending megatron in like 2 hits? Shockwave who is made out as a badass who could probably whip any of the others gets basically taken out by snipers and small arms fire? I mean he shoots prime once from like 2 blocks away and wrecks optimus who ends up entangled and removed from the equation for half of the final battle? I just wanted it wrapped up. At one point it seemed like the movie skipped ahead a chapter the transition to another scene was so disjointed. Seems like they tried to squish 2 movies worth of script into 1 and the result was hurried and disjointed and overly long on top of it.

I was unimpressed with the bass a little too actually. I mean it had some loud stuff but i would probably give it a 4.0 at most. The bass was limited in extension as has been documented but even worse it seemed to lack the diversity that other top bass fests have. There were a couple of parts that were really nice and switched it up with a sweep, or descent, i will give it that though. There was so much action at the end that everything just felt like the same monotone 30-50hz thuds and booms after a while. Less is more sometimes.

Sorry...i was really disappointed with this if you can't tell.

X-men first class ftw.

+1
post #1639 of 16107
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricci View Post

random question: Does anybody know off hand when super 8 comes out on br?

11/22/2011.
post #1640 of 16107
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

11/22/2011.

Rock. Thank you sir.
post #1641 of 16107
Lots of filler in TF 3. First hour or so was solid, then it went south fast.

Bass was OK but nothing like the first few minutes in TF 2.

The first few minutes in TF 2 including the studio intro, is my go to demo.
post #1642 of 16107
I felt as well that the "final" battle in TF3 was way too long - just about put me to sleep, and the bass was there, but just seemed to drone on at least during that part. The girl looked nice going up the stairs at the start; I could do without the fake lips though. And I agree I found challenged to maintain my "suspension of disbelief" - in particular, the skyscraper, and the bots that can withstand a missle, but can be brought down by a slingshot.

That said, would I watch again - yeah.
post #1643 of 16107
Best review of TF3 I have read:

HERE

Best TF2 Review as well:

HERE

good laughs to be had, as well as some incisive commentary...

FTR, I liked TF2 more than TF3, even with all the plot holes. There is such a thing as too much, and TF2 approached it, but TF3 broke through, and yes, the boredom/indifference shows. NO ONE cheered in the theater when Megs died. I heard a few whispered "Oh Sh*t" when Ironhide got capped, but towards the endd, the battle just droned on and on, and 4 of the autobots get captured??? Considering all the 'love' the autobots showed to the 'cons when they were hunted down in the beginning of TF2, I would think that they would take no prisoners....Gimme a freakin' break....

The main problem was one of expectations. Michael Bay himself said it would be more "BlackHawk Down" like.......what a crock.....Bay can direct the hell out of some action, but he is yet to put together a complete film. Indirectly comparing himself to Ridley Scott is going a bit far...BlackHawk Down is a fine piece of cinema. TF3 is a moderately fine piece of escapism, nothing else.

The fact that so many sound effects from TF2 were simply re-used or mildly re-tweaked and used ad nauseam makes TF2 the clear winner sound-wise for me.

Also, robots drooling gets pretty old. They had it some in TF2, but not enough to offend. TF3 took it a step further, and again, too far, IMO.

But I also thought that robots having visible 'breath' (Ironhide in beginning of TF2) was a bit much, but I got used to it....but upon re-viewing TF3 a few times, I can honestly say it will not get the playing time that TF2 got in my basement....


JSS
post #1644 of 16107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Test123455 View Post

how was the movie green lantern? it looks stupid.

It was...
post #1645 of 16107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpray1983 View Post

It was...

Hey now, it was a great, see once, popcorn flick at the $2 second run theater.
post #1646 of 16107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpray1983 View Post


It was...

And corny
post #1647 of 16107
Quote:
Originally Posted by raistline View Post


Hey now, it was a great, see once, popcorn flick at the $2 second run theater.

Exactly is was somewhat entertaining for a one watch but this thread is more geared to multiple viewings
post #1648 of 16107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post

Random question: Does anybody know off hand when Super 8 comes out on BR?

This was a great flick and I remember it having pretty decent audio in the theater, hope they don't neuter it!
post #1649 of 16107
Tonights terra nova episode...the dinosaur part about 40 mins in deserves some recognition. Probably the best bass I have ever heard on a tv show.
post #1650 of 16107
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksHitachi View Post

This was a great flick and I remember it having pretty decent audio in the theater, hope they don't neuter it!

Nope, going by this review, http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/5607/super8.html, "is mint"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts