or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - Page 175

post #5221 of 16164
hey guys i want to check out that super 8 train crash scene. problem is there are two different blu rays to choose from. one is cheaper but includes the dvd disk also, the more expensive one does not include a dvd so im not sure which one to choose?

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=super+8+blu+ray&ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0
post #5222 of 16164
The cheaper one has the artwork I'm familiar with, and it's listed as having the DTS-HD MA soundtrack. Get that one.
post #5223 of 16164
Prometheus LFE = eek.gif
post #5224 of 16164
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsi View Post

Prometheus LFE = eek.gif
After the apparent LFE let down of The Avengers, I hope youre right. wink.gif
post #5225 of 16164
I actually liked the Avengers, slam is part of the whole lfe experience, and avengers had a ton of it. Man cannot live on ULF alone biggrin.gif
Edited by obsi - 9/21/12 at 6:36pm
post #5226 of 16164
Avengers did not let me down LFE-wise.
post #5227 of 16164
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsi View Post

Prometheus LFE = eek.gif

Excited for this! Can't wait to watch it even though I hear its overrated.
post #5228 of 16164
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeyayo50 View Post

Excited for this! Can't wait to watch it even though I hear its overrated.
It's good thought-provoking sci-fi but its long and does have some slow stretches. The sound is good.
post #5229 of 16164
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeyayo50 View Post

Excited for this! Can't wait to watch it even though I hear its overrated.
Me too! I have a feeling the sound track is going to be a 4 or 5 star. I wanted to see this at the theater, but figured I would wait for the BR anticipating that it would be a good LFE movie.
post #5230 of 16164
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojomike View Post

Avengers did not let me down LFE-wise.
I've seen a version with 5.1 Dolby Digital and I was happy with it. Though I do get what others are saying about the lack of ULF. Either way I'm taking a trip to Best Buy next Tuesday. smile.gif
post #5231 of 16164
Question about Flight of the Phoenix, does it matter Bluray or DVD?
post #5232 of 16164
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivepnt1 View Post

Question about Flight of the Phoenix, does it matter Bluray or DVD?

Yes.

Flight of the Phoenix on blu-ray disc, has lossless 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
The DVD doesn't have lossless audio.
Get the blu-ray disc and forget about the DVD.

That whole plane crash landing sequence is my favorite demo scene.
Sound quality is just jaw dropping incredible!
post #5233 of 16164
Quote:
blu-ray disc, has lossless 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
The DVD doesn't have lossless audio.

What does that matter? Shouldn't the concern here have more to do with the amount LF mixed into the track? What does lossy vs lossless have to with the LF content.
post #5234 of 16164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditor55 View Post

What does that matter? Shouldn't the concern here have more to do with the amount LF mixed into the track? What does lossy vs lossless have to with the LF content.

Zilch.
post #5235 of 16164
I own most of the blu ray's 5 stars rating beginning this thread. That's how I discovered Tron: Legacy (thank you!) I think it would be of great interest for those of us who don't have charts / apps if someone or few of you guys could make a quick list of few blu rays from there with the exact time where it has a 5Hz scene, and in another scene or another blu ray, a 10Hz scene, a 15Hz scene and another one with a 20Hz. That's because with that, we could listen (read FEEL) if our system has the ability to reproduce these frequencies. Personnaly I agree on most of the 5 stars rating and just to give perspective, I own two SB-12 NSD hooked-up to a Denon 3310ci in a 1500 cu.ft. and I must say yes, that crash scene from FOTP, I think I got it all! But, with that quick list maybe me and others will find that from other scenes / movies, nothing emanate from the subs.rolleyes.gif
post #5236 of 16164
Sorry, I confused with my sub's model. Actualy these are PC-12 NSD. (And I'm glad with them!).
post #5237 of 16164
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Scanner View Post

I own most of the blu ray's 5 stars rating beginning this thread. That's how I discovered Tron: Legacy (thank you!) I think it would be of great interest for those of us who don't have charts / apps if someone or few of you guys could make a quick list of few blu rays from there with the exact time where it has a 5Hz scene, and in another scene or another blu ray, a 10Hz scene, a 15Hz scene and another one with a 20Hz. That's because with that, we could listen (read FEEL) if our system has the ability to reproduce these frequencies. Personnaly I agree on most of the 5 stars rating and just to give perspective, I own two SB-12 NSD hooked-up to a Denon 3310ci in a 1500 cu.ft. and I must say yes, that crash scene from FOTP, I think I got it all! But, with that quick list maybe me and others will find that from other scenes / movies, nothing emanate from the subs.rolleyes.gif

I tried that:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1416102/blu-ray-titles-and-timestamps-with-ulf-bass#post_22145928
post #5238 of 16164
It was a good starting point nevertheless, thanks Nikerret.
post #5239 of 16164
Just did the train wreck at reference on super 8. Onkyo 3009, L/r polk audio monitor 70's, monitor 60's for wides, cs2 and hsu 2.3 and hsu 3.3. Somebody slap this grin off my face. Lol.

butter and jelly please.
post #5240 of 16164
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukemon View Post

Just did the train wreck at reference on super 8. Onkyo 3009, L/r polk audio monitor 70's, monitor 60's for wides, cs2 and hsu 2.3 and hsu 3.3. Somebody slap this grin off my face. Lol.
butter and jelly please.

im going to buy that super 8 movie just for that train crash scene everyone keeps raving about. i want to so bad just watch it on youtube but i must be strong. cant wait for tomorrow.

when you say reference, do you mean the avr volume at 0?
post #5241 of 16164
I keep hearing about this Flight of the Phoenix scene. I don't suppose there is a m2ts or mkv clip floating around...

I see the thread about the ultimate bass demo disc, but that is slow going. Of course I'd rather people just post m2ts clips. If I'm against forum rules or whatever just delete this post, not trying to hijack this thread.

and no I don't have netflix or a redbox with blurays and its a movie i have no interest in buying.
post #5242 of 16164
Finally got around to Battleship. Thoroughly disappointing, terrible movie. Three star vote from me. Lots of loud LFE, but it was all up high.
post #5243 of 16164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Wolf View Post

Finally got around to Battleship. Thoroughly disappointing, terrible movie. Three star vote from me. Lots of loud LFE, but it was all up high.

I agree. There were only two reasons to watch the board game movie, the promise of bass and Brooklyn Decker. Sadly, it contained too little of both.
post #5244 of 16164
I watched Super 8 for the first time today, via Redbox dvd... wifey was napping, so didn't turn it up past -20, but it was still quite impressive. Gonna keep an eye out for it at my local used DVD store... not necessarily cheap, just frugal... but do wish I could've given it a run at full volume.
Yes, reference level = 0 db, if properly calibrated.
post #5245 of 16164
Did not think much of Super 8 or the train crash scene. The crash was good but I would not say great. The movie itself was not that good to me.
post #5246 of 16164
^^ Just the opposite for me. Great movie, scene and bass.
post #5247 of 16164
I agree. It was like vintage Spielberg.
post #5248 of 16164
Quote:
Originally Posted by capricorn kid View Post

Did not think much of Super 8 or the train crash scene. The crash was good but I would not say great. The movie itself was not that good to me.
Wow. Really? That's a killer demo scene! Something is missing on your end.
post #5249 of 16164
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut4772 View Post

That's a killer demo scene!
Something is missing on your end.

It is not a "killer demo scene", but very close...

A lot is missing in many home theater systems...

Super8_I.jpg
Edited by Flageborg - 9/23/12 at 6:33am
post #5250 of 16164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flageborg View Post

It is not a "killer demo scene", but very close...
A lot is missing in most home theater systems...
Super8_I.jpg

Well I guess this is a bass thread but overall I find it a stellar demo scene and it sounds incredible on my system.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts