or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - Page 216

post #6451 of 16119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post

Actually it means you need to EQ.

In the words of The Joker - "why so serious?"

Lighten up dude, the guys posted a light hearted comment, have a laugh ffs.
post #6452 of 16119
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarnes701 View Post

Well you did call people 'morons' in your earlier post ("morons and other people who comment on enjoying the less than stellar movies like TDKR, The Avengers, etc.") but let's let it go.

Personally I haven't been bothered by any elitism but maybe I am less sensitive to it. 



I think this is a very good philosophy.



You are misreading my sarcasm, as I was including myself as one of the morons...meaning just because some people voiced their enthusiasm for movies like The Avengers, some here ridiculed their opinions. I too was very disappointed with The Avengers lack of good bass, but I refrained from frowning upon others who felt different.
post #6453 of 16119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalbender View Post

I have a very scientific way of measuring ULF. When the pictures on my walls rattle and you just feel the base then I know its good. Or my daughter yells at me that stuff is falling off her shelves down the hall then I know its a 5 star..................

Or the wife CALLING your phone from DOWNSTAIRS to tell you the house is shaking and is trying to get our daughter to take a nap. You know its a 5 star rating lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
post #6454 of 16119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post

Actually it means you need to EQ.

yea I don't have anything to EQ with
post #6455 of 16119
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4daisy View Post

In the words of The Joker - "why so serious?"
Lighten up dude, the guys posted a light hearted comment, have a laugh ffs.

Yep I love it, life is tooooo short to be that serious
post #6456 of 16119
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokenAshes View Post

Or the wife CALLING your phone from DOWNSTAIRS to tell you the house is shaking and is trying to get our daughter to take a nap. You know its a 5 star rating lol.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I love it this My wife yells at me all the time when the house is shaking, but i love it. Funny when my 11 year old daughter has friends over and wants to show off she has me shake the hell out of the house, then its ok !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #6457 of 16119
hilarious!
post #6458 of 16119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalbender View Post

I have a very scientific way of measuring ULF. When the pictures on my walls rattle and you just feel the base then I know its good. Or my daughter yells at me that stuff is falling off her shelves down the hall then I know its a 5 star..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post

Actually it means you need to EQ.
Please explain how EQ would impact a sound transmission problem.

Craig
post #6459 of 16119
Who are you and why do I owe you anything esp. explanations? confused.gif
post #6460 of 16119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post

Who are you and why do I owe you anything esp. explanations? confused.gif
You made a recommendation to someone. It is the wrong recommendation, as EQ won't correct problems with sound transmission. I just want to know why you think it will fix the problem. If you can't back up your recommendations with sound, (PI), logic, you shouldn't make the recommendations.

Craig
post #6461 of 16119
Anyone want to be forwarded a bizarre PM?
post #6462 of 16119
Sure send it along
post #6463 of 16119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post

Anyone want to be forwarded a bizarre PM?

I enjoy bizarre posts. lol
post #6464 of 16119
Sure, send it.
post #6465 of 16119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post

Who are you and why do I owe you anything esp. explanations? confused.gif

You've been around long enough to know that Craig is a great resource on this forum. He's well worth listening to imho.
post #6466 of 16119
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputter1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post

Who are you and why do I owe you anything esp. explanations? confused.gif

You've been around long enough to know that Craig is a great resource on this forum. He's well worth listening to imho.

 

Yes indeed. And conversely.... ;)

post #6467 of 16119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalbender View Post

Well on a lighter note, I just got done watching TDKR and it was a lot of fun, I ran it 2db hot and it shook the hell out of the pictures on my walls and my couch. I do enjoy the waterfalls but hate all the
bs involved with posting them.
I give TDKR a 5 star rating it had strong LFE through the movie and some good ULF at times.


I forgot I still have my ib 4db hot from the Avengers. TDKR was a crazy ride last night...tongue.gif
post #6468 of 16119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post

Anyone want to be forwarded a bizarre PM?
I don't want to see it, but just so everyone knows, it wasn't from me.

Craig
post #6469 of 16119
Now that's a post with a much more pleasant tone. wink.gif
post #6470 of 16119
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post

Please explain how EQ would impact a sound transmission problem.
Craig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post

Now that's a post with a much more pleasant tone. wink.gif

I didn't think I was being "unpleasant" with my other post, quoted above. I merely asked for an explanation of how EQ would impact a sound transmission problem. I even said "please." The answer is that it won't, but that whole discussion is off-topic for this thread, so I'll let you off the hook.

Now, let's get back to the "pretty colors".

Craig
Edited by craig john - 12/9/12 at 11:48am
post #6471 of 16119
If anyone is interested in seeing Gary J's excellent contributions to the thread.

http://www.avsforum.com/newsearch/?search=&resultSortingPreference=recency&byuser=Gary+J&output=posts&sdate=0&newer=1&type=all&containingthread%5B0%5D=1333462&advanced=1

I think there are at least 5 posts about bass in movies with frequency charts.

I think I am finally going to try DKR sometime this week. This filtering has turned me off from watching so far. Hasn't been the best movie bass year IMO. I hope we get a sleeper bass movie sometime soon, maybe Looper?
post #6472 of 16119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Kamp View Post

If anyone is interested in seeing Gary J's excellent contributions to the thread.
Funny. I've had him on the ignore list for some time now. Seems others feel the same way.
post #6473 of 16119
I just watched a movie called 'Love'. Has some great LFE moments in it. It's a weird movie about an astronaut being stuck on the space station with no way to communicate back to Earth.
post #6474 of 16119
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_abbot View Post

I just watched a movie called 'Love'. Has some great LFE moments in it. It's a weird movie about an astronaut being stuck on the space station with no way to communicate back to Earth.

Interesting...Even though you found it weird. Did you think it was a good watch? I might want to see it, but its rated 5.7 on imdb.
post #6475 of 16119
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeyayo50 View Post

Interesting...Even though you found it weird. Did you think it was a good watch? I might want to see it, but its rated 5.7 on imdb.
I would only recommend this movie to true LFE nuts like myself. The story is all over the place, but the soundtrack is very well done.
post #6476 of 16119
This weekend finally got around to Dark Knight Rises (3.5) and LoTR: Fellowship Extended Edition (4/4.5). Really enjoyed both even though LoTR is almost 4 hours lol. Have to set aside a whole day to watch the last two movies. The mine scene was great, esp when the Balrog comes in!

Also can't wait for my Band of Brothers BD set coming from BB when it was the deal of the day!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
post #6477 of 16119
The Dark Knight Rises - Chapter 5


...beginning of Chapter #5



...end of Chapter #5
post #6478 of 16119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flageborg View Post

The Dark Knight Rises - Chapter 5


...beginning of Chapter #5



...end of Chapter #5



Thanks for sharing, What did you think of it? I found it muddy/bloated, pick your name. It seems it was mixed for the $250 dollar sub crowd, boom but very little separation/detail.

YMMV.

MEH, I messed up the quote.
post #6479 of 16119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Kamp View Post

If anyone is interested in seeing Gary J's excellent contributions to the thread.

rolleyes.gif
post #6480 of 16119
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputter1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flageborg View Post

The Dark Knight Rises - Chapter 5
...beginning of Chapter #5
...end of Chapter #5
Thanks for sharing, What did you think of it? I found it muddy/bloated, pick your name. It seems it was mixed for the $250 dollar sub crowd, boom but very little separation/detail.
YMMV.
MEH, I messed up the quote.

I would have to disagree with you, for I thought the bass was very accurate, precise, and tight throughout the whole title. I'm using a SVS PC12-NSD, which could hardly be defined as a low-end sub.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts