Whats the lowest this movie went?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBlu Ray Movies
- itemCloverfield Blu Ray
- itemFlight Of The Phoenix Blu Ray
- itemHot Fuzz 2 Disc Special Edition Region 2 DVD
- itemHow To Train Your Dragon Two Disc Blu Ray 3D DVD Combo
- itemLive Free Or Die Hard Blu Ray
- itemThe Incredible Hulk Blu Ray
- itemThe Lord Of The Rings The Motion Picture Trilogy The Fellowship Of The Ring The Two Towers The Return Of The King Extended Editions Blu Ray
- itemTron Legacy Two Disc Blu Ray DVD Combo
- itemUnderworld Awakening UltraViolet Digital Copy Blu Ray 3D
- itemWar Of The Worlds Blu Ray
Related Forum Threads
- #### The ULTIMATE Bass Demo Disc #### Last post on Yesterday at 9:03 pm in Dedicated Theater Design & Construction
- Blu-ray Discs: Reviewer's Recommendations Last post on 6/10/13 at 4:44am in Official AVS Blu-ray Disc Reviews
- http://www.3d-blurayrental.com/ Last post on 5/31/13 at 12:05pm in 3D Content
- Official Sony 84-inch 4K Bravia XBR-84X900 Last post on 6/16/13 at 6:58pm in LCD Flat Panel Displays
- Why are movies so LOOOOONG? Last post on 4/22/13 at 10:01am in Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion
Top 20 Most Wanted Unreleased Blu-rays
Edited on 10/12/12
- Fall's Most Anticipated Blu-Ray ReleasesEdited on 9/17/12
- Fifteen Animated Blu Ray Titles That Will Shine On Your Hd DisplayEdited on 7/5/12
- 20 Blu-ray Discs To Show Off Your HD DisplayEdited on 6/6/12
The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - Page 221post #6601 of 873012/19/12 at 6:33pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6602 of 873012/19/12 at 7:48pmQuote:Agreed 100%! This movie is indeed a bass feast with tons of material to satisfy us bass heads. For those with wife "constraints" I recommend a once over viewing when the house is empty.Originally Posted by dominguez1
Just watched 1/2 of Total Recall last night...
This one is a bass fest! To my ears and body, this one is run HOT like Tron, and digs deep! It's got a nice array of some strong FR sweeps, but also has good upper bass. Half way through, I'd give it a 4.5...going to have to add this title to the library!
I know there was some initial reviews before the blu-ray release that were average...not sure if the blu-ray is different, but this one has bass/ULF in spades!
Has anyone spec lab'd this one yet? The opening scene is a great one, and when he first goes into ReKall during the fight scene was also impressive! Hopefully, the second half is just as good.post #6603 of 873012/19/12 at 8:19pmQuote:
Just got finished with the other 1/2 of Total Recall. I'm confirming my 4.5 rating...might be even a 5...need to listen at reference to firm that up.
As soon as I saw the director: Len Wiseman, it started to make a lot more sense to me. Kate, great bass...both run HOT! Like the last Underworld, but more ULF. Love the sweeps in this one...some of them dig very low IMO. Also love the usage and variation of the LF and ULF!
Edited by dominguez1 - 12/19/12 at 8:25pmpost #6604 of 873012/20/12 at 5:35amQuote:
My favorite scene for bass, is the one when the Super Lycan, first appeared onscreen.
The entire room shook and I thought that all my windows would shatter at any moment!post #6605 of 873012/20/12 at 5:48amQuote:Quote:
I ordered this and Immortals yesterday as well as picking up Percy Jackson. If Underworld Awakening has better LFE than Percy then my PB-13 is in for a treat!
Edit: The Art of Flight is another great disc, for LFE as well as PQ.
Edited by Dave_6 - 12/20/12 at 6:27ampost #6606 of 873012/20/12 at 3:43pmpost #6607 of 873012/20/12 at 5:31pmQuote:
+1 When my walls vibrate with no tone then I know it's low. In my case i'm only good for 13hz before I drop off.post #6608 of 873012/21/12 at 1:14amTotal recall 2012.
Giving it a solid 4.5 stars.
Excellent executions as well as the rest of the soundtrack being so well done that I could pretty much turn it up as much as I wanted to without being harsh.
Would love to see a waterfall of when the "helicopter" ´takes off. That was an INTENSE wave of energy I havnt felt since Underworld..post #6609 of 873012/21/12 at 4:51ampost #6610 of 873012/21/12 at 10:08ampost #6611 of 873012/21/12 at 10:38ampost #6612 of 873012/21/12 at 10:48ampost #6613 of 873012/21/12 at 10:59ampost #6614 of 873012/21/12 at 2:16pmpost #6615 of 873012/21/12 at 2:52pmpost #6616 of 873012/21/12 at 3:42pmQuote:13hz is pretty darn impressive sputter1, especially when reproduced at meaningful levels! I have always been of the opinion that solid down to 15hz is golden and anything below that is icing on the cake.post #6617 of 873012/21/12 at 8:44pmpost #6618 of 873012/22/12 at 9:10ampost #6619 of 873012/22/12 at 12:41pmpost #6620 of 873012/22/12 at 12:56pmpost #6621 of 873012/22/12 at 1:35pmpost #6622 of 873012/22/12 at 1:41pmpost #6623 of 873012/22/12 at 1:44pmQuote:
Did you enjoy it as much as Hurt Locker? (assuming you liked it )post #6624 of 873012/22/12 at 2:29pmQuote:
Hurt Locker was a decent film to me. Felt like it dragged on.
But Zero Dark Thirty imho had better pacing. Not the best but still good if that makes any sense lol. Its a film about finding him, not killing him. Even my girlfriend liked the film!post #6625 of 873012/22/12 at 2:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by pokekevinQuote:
Hurt Locker was a decent film to me. Felt like it dragged on.
But Zero Dark Thirty imho had better pacing. Not the best but still good if that makes any sense lol. Its a film about finding him, not killing him. Even my girlfriend liked the film!
I asked because i'm big fan of Hurt locker.
No money shot? I guess it's not important since we know the ending.post #6626 of 873012/22/12 at 3:02pmpost #6627 of 873012/22/12 at 5:02pmpost #6628 of 873012/22/12 at 5:03pmpost #6629 of 873012/22/12 at 8:19pmpost #6630 of 873012/22/12 at 8:55pmQuote:
Agreed!!! Awesome dynamics too. What did you think when Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)the kid fell down the stairs? I thought I felt some real deep stuff there. Hope someone makes some graphs of that scene.
Edited by RugerRell - 12/22/12 at 9:01pm
- The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts
- Fall's Most Anticipated Blu-Ray Releases
- › **Official EMP Owner's Thread** 4 seconds ago
- › Theres an italian in the house! 7 seconds ago
- › How Does Watching Movies in Your Home Theater Affect How Often You... 20 seconds ago
- › Sony DHG-HDD250/500: Official Thread 23 seconds ago
- › SEOS 12/AE TD12M Project 25 seconds ago
- › Official Owners' Thread, Panasonic PT-AE8000U (US version)... 34 seconds ago
- › OLED TVs: Technology Advancements Thread 1 minute ago
- › EMOTIVA Thread Q&A [TECHNICAL TALK ONLY] 1 minute ago
- › * Offical Velodyne Support Thread * 1 minute ago
- › The Official Xbox One thread... 1 minute ago
- › Sony BDP-S5100 3D Blu-ray Disc Player with Wi-Fi by imagic
- › Yamaha Aventage Blu-ray Player Black - BD-A1020 by foursticks
- › Panasonic DMP-MST60 Smart Network Media Streaming Player with... by amesdp
- › Sonax E-0062-BF Fiji 60-Inch TV Component Bench, Ravenwood Black by DDT0C
- › OPPO BDP-93 Blu-ray Player by KingLeerUK
- › Sony Blu-ray Disc Player - BDP-S790 by wisccheese
- › Samsung BD-C6500 1080p Blu-ray Disc Player by NeonSignedOff
- › Panasonic DMP-BDT220 Integrated Wi-Fi 3D Blu-ray DVD Player by bettzysdaddy
- › Panasonic DMP-BD65 Blu-Ray Disc Player (Black) by dasher123
- › Where's The Wires, LLC Streaming Media/Soundbar Power tool by wheresthewires
- › Why is LED light known as long life by Davidsmith001
- › Blu Ray Player Review Contest by Mike Lang
- › Projector Review Contest by Nick Val
- › "List Your Gear to Win Some Gear"... by Nick Val
- › Most Economical Thin Client PC`s from RDP... by RDPThinClients
- › Media Browser 3 Announced by xzener
- › AVS Guide to Media Servers, Part 1 by Scott Wilkinson
- › Join the AVS Team! by Nick Val
- › 25 Top Blu-ray releases for 2012 by Ralph Potts
- › Sony Launches 4k Ultra HD Flat Panel - AVS... by Scott Wilkinson