or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - Page 221

post #6601 of 16134
I just finished Underworld Awakening. The bass in this movie is intense! When i turned on the lights after it was finished, i saw my sub had movied up from its spot a couple of inches. Haha. I have it on a subdude too.

Whats the lowest this movie went?
post #6602 of 16134
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominguez1 View Post

Just watched 1/2 of Total Recall last night...

This one is a bass fest! To my ears and body, this one is run HOT like Tron, and digs deep! It's got a nice array of some strong FR sweeps, but also has good upper bass. Half way through, I'd give it a 4.5...going to have to add this title to the library!

I know there was some initial reviews before the blu-ray release that were average...not sure if the blu-ray is different, but this one has bass/ULF in spades!

Has anyone spec lab'd this one yet? The opening scene is a great one, and when he first goes into ReKall during the fight scene was also impressive! Hopefully, the second half is just as good.
Agreed 100%! This movie is indeed a bass feast with tons of material to satisfy us bass heads. For those with wife "constraints" I recommend a once over viewing when the house is empty. biggrin.gif
post #6603 of 16134
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T.MIKE View Post


Agreed 100%! This movie is indeed a bass feast with tons of material to satisfy us bass heads. For those with wife "constraints" I recommend a once over viewing when the house is empty. biggrin.gif

Just got finished with the other 1/2 of Total Recall. I'm confirming my 4.5 rating...might be even a 5...need to listen at reference to firm that up.

 

As soon as I saw the director: Len Wiseman, it started to make a lot more sense to me. Kate, great bass...both run HOT! wink.gif Like the last Underworld, but more ULF. Love the sweeps in this one...some of them dig very low IMO. Also love the usage and variation of the LF and ULF!


Edited by dominguez1 - 12/19/12 at 8:25pm
post #6604 of 16134
Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post

I just finished Underworld Awakening. The bass in this movie is intense! When i turned on the lights after it was finished, i saw my sub had movied up from its spot a couple of inches. Haha. I have it on a subdude too.
Whats the lowest this movie went?

My favorite scene for bass, is the one when the Super Lycan, first appeared onscreen.
The entire room shook and I thought that all my windows would shatter at any moment! eek.gif
post #6605 of 16134
Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post

I just finished Underworld Awakening. The bass in this movie is intense! When i turned on the lights after it was finished, i saw my sub had movied up from its spot a couple of inches. Haha. I have it on a subdude too.
Whats the lowest this movie went?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat4843 View Post

My favorite scene for bass, is the one when the Super Lycan, first appeared onscreen.
The entire room shook and I thought that all my windows would shatter at any moment! eek.gif

I ordered this and Immortals yesterday as well as picking up Percy Jackson. If Underworld Awakening has better LFE than Percy then my PB-13 is in for a treat! eek.gif

Edit: The Art of Flight is another great disc, for LFE as well as PQ.
Edited by Dave_6 - 12/20/12 at 6:27am
post #6606 of 16134
Got to watchTotal Recall at my preferred listening levels this morning...demo material IMO. Some of the sweeps go low and strong, like when you can feel the bass at first and then works it's way up until you can hear it. wink.gif
post #6607 of 16134
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T.MIKE View Post

Got to watchTotal Recall at my preferred listening levels this morning...demo material IMO. Some of the sweeps go low and strong, like when you can feel the bass at first and then works it's way up until you can hear it. wink.gif

+1 When my walls vibrate with no tone then I know it's low. In my case i'm only good for 13hz before I drop off.
post #6608 of 16134
Total recall 2012.
Giving it a solid 4.5 stars.
Excellent executions as well as the rest of the soundtrack being so well done that I could pretty much turn it up as much as I wanted to without being harsh.

Would love to see a waterfall of when the "helicopter" ´takes off. That was an INTENSE wave of energy I havnt felt since Underworld..
post #6609 of 16134
agreed with TR it was a GREAT bass movie....my favortie bass moment was when Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
he saw his friend trying to convince him everything wasnt real..he looked at him and said he is still at Rekall...wow sick bass sweep there!
post #6610 of 16134
Looper is a great one to check out. It provides a lot of goodies! biggrin.gif Will definitely like to see some charts on this movie.
post #6611 of 16134
N00B alert...what movie is TIH. I tried googling it and could not come up with anything except for some low budget love movie.
post #6612 of 16134
The Incredible Hulk
post #6613 of 16134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

The Incredible Hulk

Thanks, just bought that on BD. Can't wait to give my new FV15HP a workout with it over the holiday.
post #6614 of 16134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo1234 View Post

Would love to see a waterfall of when the "helicopter" ´takes off. That was an INTENSE wave of energy I havnt felt since Underworld..

Total Recall - chapter #14

"helicopter" take off is the middle section of this graph...

Total_Recall_ch14.jpg
post #6615 of 16134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo1234 View Post

That was an INTENSE wave of energy I havnt felt since Underworld..

Are you referring to Underworld: Awakening, when the Super Lycan first appeared onscreen?
post #6616 of 16134
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputter1 View Post

+1 When my walls vibrate with no tone then I know it's low. In my case i'm only good for 13hz before I drop off.
13hz is pretty darn impressive sputter1, especially when reproduced at meaningful levels! I have always been of the opinion that solid down to 15hz is golden and anything below that is icing on the cake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flageborg View Post

Total Recall - chapter #14
"helicopter" take off is the middle section of this graph...
Total_Recall_ch14.jpg
Thanks for the graph Flageborg, that definitely confirms what several of us have reported or should I say have felt!
post #6617 of 16134
DTmike,
What's up? How is everything? I have not watched TR yet in the theater but that one graph shows it is full bandwidth, nice! BTW, I am up to 130 dBs at 10hz now! Not sure about 5 hz limits though.
post #6618 of 16134
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKtheater View Post

DTmike,
What's up? How is everything? I have not watched TR yet in the theater but that one graph shows it is full bandwidth, nice! BTW, I am up to 130 dBs at 10hz now! Not sure about 5 hz limits though.
Doing great hope you are to! Been very busy and have had little time to post till now. 130 dbs at 10 hz...damn thats nice and set at the level it needs to be to have usable output at that range. Wait till you watch TR, it will reward you for all the hard work you have put in your system in your effort at full range audio reproduction! biggrin.gif
post #6619 of 16134
Just watched a documentary film called 'Where the trail ends'. WOW! Some great LFE moments in this one! Have any of you guys seen it?
post #6620 of 16134
J ust got back from zero dark thirty. Liked it. Its a thriller not an action film. Bass wise there was some nice midbass. In the second half of the film. Some good bass during the helo take off. But overall nothing intense. I did however like the dynamics. 9/10
post #6621 of 16134
Just got the demo disc and watched the FOTP plane crash. What a brilliant demo of ULF. I actually liked all the preceding bass before the actual crash.
post #6622 of 16134
Quote:
Originally Posted by fecund View Post

Just got the demo disc and watched the FOTP plane crash. What a brilliant demo of ULF. I actually liked all the preceding bass before the actual crash.

This disc was my first time experiencing that FOTP plane crash as well! What a jaw-dropper!!!
post #6623 of 16134
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekevin View Post

J ust got back from zero dark thirty. Liked it. Its a thriller not an action film. Bass wise there was some nice midbass. In the second half of the film. Some good bass during the helo take off. But overall nothing intense. I did however like the dynamics. 9/10

Did you enjoy it as much as Hurt Locker? (assuming you liked it )
post #6624 of 16134
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputter1 View Post

Did you enjoy it as much as Hurt Locker? (assuming you liked it )

Hurt Locker was a decent film to me. Felt like it dragged on.

But Zero Dark Thirty imho had better pacing. Not the best but still good if that makes any sense lol. Its a film about finding him, not killing him. Even my girlfriend liked the film!
post #6625 of 16134
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekevin View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputter1 View Post

Did you enjoy it as much as Hurt Locker? (assuming you liked it )

Hurt Locker was a decent film to me. Felt like it dragged on.

But Zero Dark Thirty imho had better pacing. Not the best but still good if that makes any sense lol. Its a film about finding him, not killing him. Even my girlfriend liked the film!

I asked because i'm big fan of Hurt locker.

No money shot? I guess it's not important since we know the ending. smile.gif
post #6626 of 16134
Don't get me wrong I liked the hurt locker but its hard to compare these two films even though it was directed by the same person.
post #6627 of 16134
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekevin View Post

Don't get me wrong I liked the hurt locker but its hard to compare these two films even though it was directed by the same person.

I was meaning in the audio/visual sense. I'm looking for it to hit blu-ray
post #6628 of 16134
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputter1 View Post

I was meaning in the audio/visual sense. I'm looking for it to hit blu-ray

AWESOME dynamics. scared the crap out of me during a few scenes. Only real bass was the helicopter scenes. Not overdone like some films but jsut there to add to the immersion
post #6629 of 16134
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputter1 View Post

I guess it's not important since we know the ending. smile.gif

Hey-no spoilers biggrin.gif
post #6630 of 16134
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretsam View Post

Looper is a great one to check out. It provides a lot of goodies! biggrin.gif Will definitely like to see some charts on this movie.

Agreed!!! Awesome dynamics too. What did you think when Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
the kid fell down the stairs? I thought I felt some real deep stuff there. Hope someone makes some graphs of that scene.

Edited by RugerRell - 12/22/12 at 9:01pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts