or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - Page 222

post #6631 of 16113
ANyone up for graphing the Bat intro from DKR??
post #6632 of 16113
Quote:
Originally Posted by RugerRell View Post

Agreed!!! Awesome dynamics too. What did you think when Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
the kid fell down the stairs? I thought I felt some real deep stuff there. Hope someone makes some graphs of that scene.

Oh ya for sure! Then the scene right at the end there was some nice stuff and a short sweep that felt pretty low. Really interested to see some graphs on this movie. I felt there was some real nice bass throughout the whole movie. I almost felt there was a little to much but it was really enjoyable.
post #6633 of 16113
Quote:
Originally Posted by SbWillie View Post

ANyone up for graphing the Bat intro from DKR??

Check out post 6477...the second graph that says "end of Chapter 5." I verified that's the Bat scene although not labeled in the post.
post #6634 of 16113
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat4843 View Post

My favorite scene for bass, is the one when the Super Lycan, first appeared onscreen.
The entire room shook and I thought that all my windows would shatter at any moment! eek.gif

The foot steps of the super Lucan were really amped up in low bass. My room shook just as much as yours did it seems. smile.gif

What are people's opinions on wrath of the titans? I thought underworld was better.

So far I think battle Los Angeles has the most aggressive bass I've ever heard. Thoughts?
post #6635 of 16113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashi777 View Post

The foot steps of the super Lucan were really amped up in low bass. My room shook just as much as yours did it seems. smile.gif
What are people's opinions on wrath of the titans? I thought underworld was better.
So far I think battle Los Angeles has the most aggressive bass I've ever heard. Thoughts?

Battle LA was such a terrible movie that I could got finish watching the movie. It was by far one of the worst movies I've partially watched in my lifetime. Bass or no bass.
post #6636 of 16113
Quote:
Originally Posted by SbWillie View Post

ANyone up for graphing the Bat intro from DKR??

The Dark Knight Rises - chapter #1- spectrum lab graph

Batman_TDKR_ch1.jpg
Edited by Flageborg - 12/24/12 at 7:46am
post #6637 of 16113
Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroatl View Post

Battle LA was such a terrible movie that I could got finish watching the movie. It was by far one of the worst movies I've partially watched in my lifetime. Bass or no bass.

I didn't think it was that bad hahah
post #6638 of 16113
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekevin View Post

I didn't think it was that bad hahah

+1

It was not good but not so bad that it was unbearable
post #6639 of 16113
I, too, got annoyed with it, not least the laziness of the writing. It was so blatant in how it set up its own action sequences that almost everything was either giving or given away ahead of time. Female character is slow, male character has to help; BOOM: male character gets killed for the trouble. Kids not being allowed on helicopter; BOOM: helicopter goes boom.

And, the misogyny! Good grief, the misogyny!
post #6640 of 16113
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneV View Post

I, too, got annoyed with it, not least the laziness of the writing. It was so blatant in how it set up its own action sequences that almost everything was either giving or given away ahead of time. Female character is slow, male character has to help; BOOM: male character gets killed for the trouble. Kids not being allowed on helicopter; BOOM: helicopter goes boom.
And, the misogyny! Good grief, the misogyny!

Yeah I agree lots of it was very predictable
post #6641 of 16113
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneV View Post

I, too, got annoyed with it, not least the laziness of the writing. It was so blatant in how it set up its own action sequences that almost everything was either giving or given away ahead of time. Female character is slow, male character has to help; BOOM: male character gets killed for the trouble. Kids not being allowed on helicopter; BOOM: helicopter goes boom.
And, the misogyny! Good grief, the misogyny!

"That's entertainment."

Nobody is going accuse "Battle LA" of anything more than what it was, a "B" flix.

As far as "Aliens Taking Over The World" movies that deserve Home Theater viewing, "Battle LA" (fiction) was one of the best down to earth versions recently presented. But that's one viewer's opinion over that of many.

Considering "Battle LA" was unquestionably considered a "B" flix, on that level, I give all; the sound track, plot and presentation, high marks.

(As a vet I post, if one has ever been out on Ops, for the most part, everything is predictable except, when.)

-
Edited by BeeMan458 - 12/25/12 at 5:31am
post #6642 of 16113
No IMO Battle LA wasn't bad, it was decent. The title of worst movie ever made goes to Doom. That movie was down right epic in the horrendous category.
post #6643 of 16113
Dredd has some killer bass moments. 4.5/5. It has good hi to low sweeps.
post #6644 of 16113
Quote:
Thanks...do you happen to have the cornered Batman/Bat (first scene of the flying Bat) flying out of the alley scene?
post #6645 of 16113
Quote:
Originally Posted by SbWillie View Post

Thanks...do you happen to have the cornered Batman/Bat (first scene of the flying Bat) flying out of the alley scene?

As I said before, check post 6477...it's the one that states, end of chapter 5.
post #6646 of 16113
.
Edited by Ashi777 - 12/29/12 at 11:14pm
post #6647 of 16113
We decided to give the New Spider Man a spin today and its like opening a surprise gift lol!! if I run the subs a little hotter than usual.Overall not a bad movie at all actually one person liked it more than the original. Go figure!!

The preview for Total Recall before Spider Man looked really good so that may be this weekends movie attraction.
post #6648 of 16113
i wanted to u guys, on your reciever's, do u guys have DYNAMIC EQ?
post #6649 of 16113
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonsasa View Post

i wanted to u guys, on your reciever's, do u guys have DYNAMIC EQ?
Audyssey Dyn EQ? Yea. I have my ref set to -5 for it
post #6650 of 16113
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekevin View Post

Audyssey Dyn EQ? Yea. I have my ref set to -5 for it

yup thats what i ment, so you have dynamic eq set to -5 for Movies? can you please clarify on why you chose -5 and not 0? as in do you think that having the reference level offset at 0 results in dynamic eq applying too much boost for the bass?
post #6651 of 16113
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonsasa View Post

yup thats what i ment, so you have dynamic eq set to -5 for Movies? can you please clarify on why you chose -5 and not 0? as in do you think that having the reference level offset at 0 results in dynamic eq applying too much boost for the bass?

IMHO,
when it was set to 0 (I listened at -15mv) the bass sounded boomy. At -5 it was just about right for my tastes. I rarely watch TV so I never know what to set it at for that stuff. For music, I turn it off completely.
post #6652 of 16113
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekevin View Post

IMHO,
when it was set to 0 (I listened at -15mv) the bass sounded boomy. At -5 it was just about right for my tastes. I rarely watch TV so I never know what to set it at for that stuff. For music, I turn it off completely.

i see, i think i agree with you. i do find some action scences kindda boomy at times,, for cable tv or sattelite you should set it to 10db as thats the reference level tv material is mixed at.

for games im not sure what the proper setting to set it to would be so i just left it at 0, for music i have it set to 10db, i tried turning it off for music but i think music sounds better with dynamic eq on with reference level 10db..

can someone else chime in.. ? what reference level do u guys use with movies/blurays?
Edited by lamonsasa - 12/25/12 at 6:00pm
post #6653 of 16113
The credits are rolling on Ice Age: Continental Drift and I must say....that's one of the worst, if not the worst, audio tracks I've heard in animated Blu-ray, especially the LFE. It will be lucky to get 2 Stars.
post #6654 of 16113
Quote:
Originally Posted by SbWillie View Post

Thanks...do you happen to have the cornered Batman/Bat (first scene of the flying Bat) flying out of the alley scene?

Yes....end of chapter #5

Batman_TDKR_ch5_end.jpg
post #6655 of 16113
Dredd 2012.
Solid 4 stars. Really good. Excellent use of LFE and the rest of the audio is so well done you could probably listen to it at +10db from ref without problems.

Would love to see a waterfall of the scene before the "interrogation", since there was a contatant LFE effect there. Kinda lika Pulse, but weaker and deeper.,
post #6656 of 16113
Anybody do a spectrum lab graph of the shuttle launch from the IMAX: Hubble 3D Blu-ray disc?
post #6657 of 16113
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat4843 View Post

Anybody do a spectrum lab graph of the shuttle launch from the IMAX: Hubble 3D Blu-ray disc?

Maybe this old recording is the same shuttle launch?

imax_blueplanet.JPG
Edited by Flageborg - 12/27/12 at 5:32am
post #6658 of 16113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flageborg View Post

Maybe this is old recording is the same shuttle launch?

Thanks for posting that graph, but that is an old recording.
I believe that I still have that launch on laserdisc.
post #6659 of 16113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venturai View Post

Bit surprised to see Battleship down at 2 1/2 stars. It's no award-winner, granted, but really, it's that bad?

Actually I enjoyed Battleship quit a bit. It was better then I feared. I thought the bass was very descent, and I say this as a SVS PC13 owner. I admit there were some missed spots where the bass could penetrate deeper and with more force but there's just loads of forcefull mid bass all over the film that still hits hard and fills the room nicely. The bass isn't as poor as say 2012 or Avatar, which were close to including no bass at all. I would still give it 4/5 stars. But I'm probably one of the only one that thinks that.

I also thought The Avengers had very good bass too. No complaints whatsoever. Don't get me wrong, I also love ULF bass but only if it's controlled and not present all the time because that makes the soundtrack very monotonous after a while IMO.
Edited by kick ass sub - 12/27/12 at 6:27am
post #6660 of 16113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flageborg View Post

Total Recall - chapter #14
"helicopter" take off is the middle section of this graph...
Total_Recall_ch14.jpg

Hmm, this part? (Marked in black)


Guess I like the sub 10hz stuff then...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts