or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - Page 258

post #7711 of 16084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flageborg View Post

Who needs a disc....these are modern times wink.gif

Picture of my player with Bluray-demo USB-stick smile.gif

Nice. Not sure if anyone has a large enough (50GB) thumb drive. And pretty sure most if not all the files are less than 4GB each so there is no Fat32 / NTFS issue with the blu-ray players recognizing the thumb drives. Is your drive large enough to hold all contents? If so, do you get the nice menu then? My guess is Yes since all the folders are in the right place.
post #7712 of 16084
Just got Lego Star Wars, The Empire Strikes out. Yeah, I know...but my 4 and 3 year old boys (and their father) like Star Wars, so I picked it up. Really cheesy (on purpose) but it has some really nice, deep bass. Hopefully somebody else out there is as dorky as me and likes it too!
post #7713 of 16084
I play back demo files through a network media player from a major manufacturer. Pretty decent for $50 and the cost of HDDs.

Also, that movie Sinister is pretty bad, but does have a few nice ULF moments. The mix was overall pretty decent, though the movie was loaded with the ubiquitous pop-around-the-corner-REALLY-EFFING-LOUD moments so common in bad thrillers/horror. The movie wasn't scary at all - it was tired and formulaic. But, again, some really sweet bass moments.
post #7714 of 16084
Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post

I play back demo files through a network media player from a major manufacturer. Pretty decent for $50 and the cost of HDDs.

Also, that movie Sinister is pretty bad, but does have a few nice ULF moments. The mix was overall pretty decent, though the movie was loaded with the ubiquitous pop-around-the-corner-REALLY-EFFING-LOUD moments so common in bad thrillers/horror. The movie wasn't scary at all - it was tired and formulaic. But, again, some really sweet bass moments.

Funny how subjective movies can be. Me, the GF and her daughter loved the movie and it scared the $hit out of us! Fun audio/bass track as well.
post #7715 of 16084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post

I play back demo files through a network media player from a major manufacturer. Pretty decent for $50 and the cost of HDDs.

Also, that movie Sinister is pretty bad, but does have a few nice ULF moments. The mix was overall pretty decent, though the movie was loaded with the ubiquitous pop-around-the-corner-REALLY-EFFING-LOUD moments so common in bad thrillers/horror. The movie wasn't scary at all - it was tired and formulaic. But, again, some really sweet bass moments.

Funny how subjective movies can be. Me, the GF and her daughter loved the movie and it scared the $hit out of us! Fun audio/bass track as well.

+1 my wife and watched it twice.
post #7716 of 16084
thx, dude
at least bass is good in Sinister
post #7717 of 16084
Whats up everyone. I watched Prometheus blu-ray last night and had some low spots when any space ship was present It shook my whole house and reminded me of the magneto spots in XMFC. anyone else feel the same?

Love this thread.
post #7718 of 16084
Hey Fresh, was Prometheus freaky? Heard it may scare some people.
post #7719 of 16084
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowmah View Post

Hey Fresh, was Prometheus freaky? Heard it may scare some people.

You should try the movie "triangle" if you want something relatively freaky and with lots of low bass. smile.gif
post #7720 of 16084
Watched Live Free or Die Hard on blu-ray a few hours ago. Good god It has some great moments!

One scene in particular is when they are in the tunnel and a car is barreling at them overhead...Idk what frequency it hit, but I'm sure it it had to be below 30 because that part had my house shaking! Good stuff!
post #7721 of 16084
Sold my PB 13ULTRA BASH AMP two days ago after I demoed MASTER AND COMMANDER to the buyer. He never had second thought about the sub after hearing the CREAKING of the ship and the CANON BLAST.
post #7722 of 16084
Perhaps my sense of hearing is playing tricks on me but the DVD version of MASTER AND COMMANDER seems to render the sound with more clarity and LFE than the Blu ray. Anyone else noticed that?
post #7723 of 16084
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARHENTO View Post

Perhaps my sense of hearing is playing tricks on me but the DVD version of MASTER AND COMMANDER seems to render the sound with more clarity and LFE than the Blu ray. Anyone else noticed that?

Yes, it was noted shortly after the Bluray version was released,
And why the list on page 1 states "dts DVD" right after the title.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetoAtreides82 View Post

Master And Commander (blu-ray, DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1)




rolloff begins at 38hz

Edited by PioManiac - 4/20/13 at 7:48am
post #7724 of 16084
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowmah View Post

Hey Fresh, was Prometheus freaky? Heard it may scare some people.
Bowman it was not that freak actually compared to aliens I find the movie lacking however the bass is awesome and I think that it will end up with either 4 or 4.5 stars after it is said and done.
post #7725 of 16084
Anyone has any opinion for Jack Reacher yet? Or it's nobody gets their hands on it yet? rolleyes.gif
post #7726 of 16084
Quote:
Originally Posted by PioManiac View Post

Yes, it was noted shortly after the Bluray version was released,
And why the list on page 1 states "dts DVD" right after the title.

Thanks so much. I appreciate the response. Any other titles you know that are better in DVD than Blu ray when it comes to sound? Are these titles indicated as such on page 1 list and if so, how can I tell?
post #7727 of 16084
Watching Sunshine and man this soundtrack is awesome! Great bass and other sounds through out the entire film!
post #7728 of 16084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Air 516 View Post

Bowman it was not that freak actually compared to aliens I find the movie lacking however the bass is awesome and I think that it will end up with either 4 or 4.5 stars after it is said and done.
Thanks appreciate the info and Ashi, I am trying to avoid freaky movies lol
post #7729 of 16084
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowmah View Post

Hey Fresh, was Prometheus freaky? Heard it may scare some people.

Prometheus is a cool movie to watch if you like Alien, I know the pseudo intellectual critics did like it but I though it was entertaining and the sound is a +5 in my book! Not that scary!
post #7730 of 16084
Quote:
Originally Posted by PioManiac View Post

Yes, it was noted shortly after the Bluray version was released, And why the list on page 1 states "dts DVD" right after the title.

Master & Commander; Really the DVD sound track is better or just the Bass!
post #7731 of 16084
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark1 View Post

Anyone has any opinion for Jack Reacher yet? Or it's nobody gets their hands on it yet? rolleyes.gif
I'm wondering too. Over here, the gun shots were emphasized.
post #7732 of 16084
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post

Prometheus is a cool movie to watch if you like Alien, I know the pseudo intellectual critics did like it but I though it was entertaining and the sound is a +5 in my book! Not that scary!
+1
The part where the alien spaceship unsuccessfully tries to leave the planet was epic.
post #7733 of 16084
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARHENTO View Post

Thanks so much. I appreciate the response. Any other titles you know that are better in DVD than Blu ray when it comes to sound? Are these titles indicated as such on page 1 list and if so, how can I tell?
I don't believe there are any other titles well known to have been so neutered during the conversion to blu ray. You can basically reach for the blu ray with confidence you're getting the best version available for every movie out there except for M&C.
post #7734 of 16084
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitviper33 View Post

I don't believe there are any other titles well known to have been so neutered during the conversion to blu ray. You can basically reach for the blu ray with confidence you're getting the best version available for every movie out there except for M&C.

Top of my head Armageddon was neutered and so was Apollo13.............I got both versions and the bluray lacked a lot of bass. It's almost like they are just caring about PQ quality and dialing the AQ quality down on blurays..........**** this ****!
post #7735 of 16084
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhamus View Post

Top of my head Armageddon was neutered and so was Apollo13.............I got both versions and the bluray lacked a lot of bass. It's almost like they are just caring about PQ quality and dialing the AQ quality down on blurays..........**** this ****!
Well shoot. I knew someone would correct me if I was wrong. And it sure didn't take long!
post #7736 of 16084
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitviper33 View Post

I don't believe there are any other titles well known to have been so neutered during the conversion to blu ray. You can basically reach for the blu ray with confidence you're getting the best version available for every movie out there except for M&C.

Maybe they will release a new version remastered!
post #7737 of 16084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqdog View Post

+1
The part where the alien spaceship unsuccessfully tries to leave the planet was epic.

+2 I saw this in IMAX 3D and the amount of bass was literally gut wrenching, I had never experienced LFE like that before. It was the major motivator for me to upgrade to dual subs.
post #7738 of 16084
I re-watched scenes from Saving Private Ryan...that has got to be the WW2 reference movie for audio and LFE. Some of those tank scenes are earth moving alone.
post #7739 of 16084
The hobbit, what a disappointment!
post #7740 of 16084
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post

The hobbit, what a disappointment!
Probably just because you replaced your diamond surrounds wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts