or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - Page 276

post #8251 of 16133
Jesus toe novel. biggrin.gif

IRENE!!!!
post #8252 of 16133
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post

Jesus toe novel. biggrin.gif

IRENE!!!!

Sorry man. I know that got off topic and long winded redface.gif


Watched The Last Stand the other night which was decent for bass, but nothing to get excited about.
post #8253 of 16133
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post

Can you put the CC behind a 90" flat panel? wink.gif

Craig
No, but you can put one underneath.

Never mind the disarray.......it's a work in progress with a ways to go.



Back on topic.........so Ghost Protocol is pretty good eh? I haven't watched it since upgrading my sub to the FV15HP. Guess I'll be checkin that out soon.
Edited by Torqdog - 5/23/13 at 4:07pm
post #8254 of 16133

You are all bass heads so I will ask this question: Why do you have to turn the crossover all the way up on your subs when you are using the crossover in your pre/pro, and what happens if you don't?

 

I asked that question in an other forum but realized this is probably the best place to ask :)

post #8255 of 16133

I would assume the roll off doubles if the sub and receiver are both set the same.

post #8256 of 16133
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post

You are all bass heads so I will ask this question: Why do you have to turn the crossover all the way up on your subs when you are using the crossover in your pre/pro, and what happens if you don't?

I asked that question in an other forum but realized this is probably the best place to ask smile.gif

My sub's highest xover frequency is 125Hz which means that it can handle and reproduce sounds from that point down to 16Hz. If my other speakers have been assigned a crossover of 80Hz, then any frequency from that level down will be channelled to my sub and it can handle that because as stated it can handle from 125hz and below.

If say i set my sub crossover at 40hz, then the frequency range of 80hz - 40Hz will be lost creating a gap in my sound spectrum.
post #8257 of 16133
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post

Is Hot Fuzz worth buying? I have most of the 5 and 4 1/2 stars to my library. Just never seen HF yet..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkazador View Post

I thought Hot Fuzz was an ok movie but the LFE is kind of ridiculous (in a good way).

Insane bass in that movie biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif
post #8258 of 16133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post

Jesus toe novel. biggrin.gif

IRENE!!!!

Sorry man. I know that got off topic and long winded redface.gif


Watched The Last Stand the other night which was decent for bass, but nothing to get excited about.

I was hoping for more, but still very enjoyable. Did you notice any audio drop outs by any chance? There were several starting at approximately the 37 minute mark when they found the dead farmer (hilariously played by Harry Dean Stanton). I exchanged it for another, but they were still there, maybe a couple less.
post #8259 of 16133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post

I was hoping for more, but still very enjoyable. Did you notice any audio drop outs by any chance? There were several starting at approximately the 37 minute mark when they found the dead farmer (hilariously played by Harry Dean Stanton). I exchanged it for another, but they were still there, maybe a couple less.

I just had a rental here from Netflix Tom, but I did not have any drops. Sorry, wish I could help.

That farmer scene was great. biggrin.gif
Edited by Toe - 5/23/13 at 7:11pm
post #8260 of 16133
Just watched Tron: Legacy in DTS - The list came through again! Great LFE. Also looked AWESOME on my Plasma with the lights turned out. Must have been something in 3D! Too bad the story was kind of Meh. But with the visual and audio effects it could have been written by monkey's and I'd have still enjoyed it.
post #8261 of 16133
Does anyone's ear ring daily from maybe loud volume?
post #8262 of 16133
Quote:
Originally Posted by asere View Post

Does anyone's ear ring daily from maybe loud volume?

If you value your hearing at all, I'd back off the volume knob.
post #8263 of 16133
Quote:
Originally Posted by asere View Post

Does anyone's ear ring daily from maybe loud volume?

Time to go see a ear doctor before it's too late I think.. imo
post #8264 of 16133
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass addict View Post

If you value your hearing at all, I'd back off the volume knob.
That's the thing I think its not loud the avr volume is usually at 35 to 50db.
post #8265 of 16133
That's called tinnitus. You have damaged your hearing when you hear that sound. Take it easy for a while and it will usually go away.
post #8266 of 16133
Could be from the sub pressure even at moderate volume.
post #8267 of 16133
Quote:
Could be from the sub pressure even at moderate volume.
If your ears "ring daily from maybe loud volume", it's not likely related to "sub pressure even at moderate volume".
post #8268 of 16133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

That's called tinnitus. You have damaged your hearing when you hear that sound. Take it easy for a while and it will usually go away.
Not true! Once you have it, it's there for good. There are devices that can help mask it to some degree but you can't reverse years upon years of damage and any medications or treatments you see or hear about that supposedly "fix" the problem are nothing but snake oil.

There is a thread here on AVS with many testimonials and good info about tinnitus.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1352145/tinnitus-scare-last-night-makes-me-rethink-this-hobby

If asere doesn't have one already, I think it would be a good idea to pick up an SPL meter from a place like Radio Shack or Amazon. That way he can see exactly how loud the system is running. I try not to run music any higher than 85dbs if it's gonna be for an extended session.
Edited by Torqdog - 5/24/13 at 6:43am
post #8269 of 16133
I think it maybe ear wax from qtip use. I feel relief when I try to remove it.
post #8270 of 16133
Quote:
Originally Posted by asere View Post

I think it maybe ear wax from qtip use. I feel relief when I try to remove it.

Huh?
post #8271 of 16133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqdog View Post

Not true! Once you have it, it's there for good. There are devices that can help mask it to some degree but you can't reverse years upon years of damage and any medications or treatments you see or hear about that supposedly "fix" the problem are nothing but snake oil.

There is a thread here on AVS with many testimonials and good info about tinnitus.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1352145/tinnitus-scare-last-night-makes-me-rethink-this-hobby

If asere doesn't have one already, I think it would be a good idea to pick up an SPL meter from a place like Radio Shack or Amazon. That way he can see exactly how loud the system is running. I try not to run music any higher than 85dbs if it's gonna be for an extended session.

Did you know William Shatner has had this affliction for years? Even Bones couldn't fix it! ( har har)
post #8272 of 16133
Quote:
Originally Posted by asere View Post

I think it maybe ear wax from qtip use. I feel relief when I try to remove it.
That is a common problem that may be remedied with a trip to the doctor. Q-tips can actually shove wax up against the ear-drum. If a doctor visit is out of the question, look into some sort of ear wash/flush. I've heard they can have positive results. And by all means, stop using those Q-tips. eek.gif
post #8273 of 16133
And please, don't use these! (my wife does once in a while, drives me nuts, won't listen when I say its a terrible idea):

http://myearpick.com/
post #8274 of 16133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Horstkotte View Post

And please, don't use these! (my wife does once in a while, drives me nuts, won't listen when I say its a terrible idea):

http://myearpick.com/

What the heck..............eek.gif
post #8275 of 16133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqdog View Post

look into some sort of ear wash/flush. I've heard they can have positive results.

Or negative, in my case. That's how I got tinnitus in my left ear.
post #8276 of 16133
Minority Report laser blast when they're at the factory is some crazy feeling.
post #8277 of 16133
Couple reports for bass heads. Tonight I will watch looper. Second I have come to the point of CONSIDERING dual Seaton Submersives... smile.gif
post #8278 of 16133
Greetings. Just wanted to chime in and thank everyone for their hard work in posting all the waterfalls.

Two weeks ago I upgraded to a Power Sound Audio XV30. So I am just now re-discovering the sound in all of these movies.

So far, stands outs for me are:

Plenty of moments in 9, but in particular when the guys holds the magnet over his head.

The scene in the Incredible Hulk when they use the Sonic laser (WOW!)

Scott Pilgrim when he battles the twins.

Tron when he first enters the grid.

Looking forward to the many other scenes suggested in this thread.
Edited by hockeynut - 5/24/13 at 1:06pm
post #8279 of 16133
Quote:
Originally Posted by asere View Post

Does anyone's ear ring daily from maybe loud volume?

Yep, for sure don't listen to loud music for extended periods. I have ringing in my ears permanently now from listening to loud music in my car when I was younger. It's annoying. Hopefully yours goes away.
post #8280 of 16133
For those of you with subs that can flat below 20-25hz. What was it like when you made that transition? Was it, "mother of god!" Or just meh...I would love to hear you impressions and descriptions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts