or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts - Page 327

post #9781 of 16104
Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post

I'll try to list the most common abbreviations from this thread, some of which aren't used that much because the movies aren't discussed much.

Note: if a link doesn't take you to the exact measurements of the movie, just hit F5 to reload the page. (This has to do with bad browser rendering when multiple image placeholders try to display at once, not the site itself or your computer.)

AGDTDH = A Good Day To Die Hard (aka Die Hard 5)

ALVH = Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

AOTC = Star Wars: Attack of the Clones

AVP = Alien vs. Predator

B:LA = Battle: Los Angeles

BHD = Black Hawk Down

CITW = Cabin In the Woods

COTT = Clash of the Titans

DOTM = Transformers: Dark of the Moon

FOTP = Flight of the Phoenix

HTTYD = How To Train Your Dragon

IM, IM2, IM3 = Iron Man 1, Iron Man 2, 3

LFODH = Live Free or Die Hard (aka Die Hard 4)

LOTR FOTR = Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

LOTR TTT = Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

LOTR ROTK = Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

M&C = Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

OHF = Olympus Has Fallen

ROTF = Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

ROTS = Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith

SPR = Saving Private Ryan

T1, T2, T3 = Terminators 1, 2 & 3

TS = Terminator Salvation

TDK = The Dark Knight

TDKR = The Dark Knight Rises

TDAT = The Day After Tomorrow

TIH = The Incredible Hulk

T:L = Tron: Legacy

TPM = Star Wars: The Phantom Menace

TR = Total Recall

U:A = Underworld: Awakening

WOTT
= Wrath of the Titans

WOTW = War of the Worlds

ZDT or ZD30
= Zero Dark Thirty

Nice work and Thanks smile.gif
post #9782 of 16104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashi777 View Post

All fun and laughs until this happens lol

http://www.netrider.net.au/threads/dutch-oven-went-horribly-wrong.162208/

OMG! But the article said he had 8 pints of Guiness and farted 6 pints of volume of air. Both doubtful
post #9783 of 16104

Watched OHF last night...

 

I enjoyed the movie...but the best part was that a handful of the scenes in there that could be the new king of ULF bass demos! One scene in particular is the Washington Monument scene! Immediately after I watched the movie, I jumped on ebay and bought the blu-ray just for that specific scene. Granted, I watched at -10 on my MV, but even at that level I could tell that there was some SERIOUS low stuff. It's immediately noticeably on my system even at -10. I redboxed it, so I never got to listen at reference, but will report back when I do.

 

It could be my new ULF go-to-scene...for those that can recreate it properly, play that scene vs a Thor or any Avengers scene, and you'll instantly know what the difference is. If you can't tell, then you don't have a system capable of reproducing it. I will have to confirm listening at reference, but my initial gut is that the ULF is more evident and in your face than the TIH end scene. It was awesome and one where there isn't subtlety around it...it's in your face and lengthy.

 

From an Oblivion vs OHF standpoint...Oblivion had more frequent bass scenes and more bass in general, but from strictly a ULF scene standpoint, OHF was the clear winner from my standpoint...and I really was impressed with the ULF in Oblivion!

post #9784 of 16104
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominguez1 View Post

Watched OHF last night...

I enjoyed the movie...but the best part was that a handful of the scenes in there that could be the new king of ULF bass demos! One scene in particular is the Washington Monument scene! Immediately after I watched the movie, I jumped on ebay and bought the blu-ray just for that specific scene. Granted, I watched at -10 on my MV, but even at that level I could tell that there was some SERIOUS low stuff. It's immediately noticeably on my system even at -10. I redboxed it, so I never got to listen at reference, but will report back when I do.

It could be my new ULF go-to-scene...for those that can recreate it properly, play that scene vs a Thor or any Avengers scene, and you'll instantly know what the difference is. If you can't tell, then you don't have a system capable of reproducing it. I will have to confirm listening at reference, but my initial gut is that the ULF is more evident and in your face than the TIH end scene. It was awesome and one where there isn't subtlety around it...it's in your face and lengthy.

From an Oblivion vs OHF standpoint...Oblivion had more frequent bass scenes and more bass in general, but from strictly a ULF scene standpoint, OHF was the clear winner from my standpoint...and I really was impressed with the ULF in Oblivion!

Great review! What woofage setup did you have?
post #9785 of 16104
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_1335 View Post

Guys, what's the verdict on Iron Man 3?

Very disappointing, IMO. Saw it in the LOUDMax theater, and was expecting better. Seems to have the least bass content of the 3. Easily. frown.gif

Edit: I may try running my LFE hotter than usual, but at the levels I listened, real good bass flicks usually make themselves known.
post #9786 of 16104
Quote:
Originally Posted by wth718 View Post

Very disappointing, IMO. Saw it in the LOUDMax theater, and was expecting better. Seems to have the least bass content of the 3. Easily. frown.gif

Storm Hollywood!
post #9787 of 16104
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post

Great review! What woofage setup did you have?
A pair of sealed subs with a FTW-21 (34mm xmax) driver in each. I also have an fv15hp nearfield.
post #9788 of 16104
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominguez1 View Post

A pair of sealed subs with a FTW-21 (34mm xmax) driver in each. I also have an fv15hp nearfield.

Yikes! Nice!
post #9789 of 16104
Quote:
Originally Posted by wth718 View Post

Very disappointing, IMO. Saw it in the LOUDMax theater, and was expecting better. Seems to have the least bass content of the 3. Easily. frown.gif

Edit: I may try running my LFE hotter than usual, but at the levels I listened, real good bass flicks usually make themselves known.

Sounds about right, all Marvel movies are getting neutered since Avengers.
post #9790 of 16104
Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post

The only thing to be aware of is if the Chinese pirates remux the audio, they sometimes screw up the mix (as they did on Epic and Oblivion's MKV rips).
Remux by its nature cannot "screw up the mix".

Cheers
post #9791 of 16104
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post

OMG! But the article said he had 8 pints of Guiness and farted 6 pints of volume of air. Both doubtful

Lol i dont have intricate knowledge over how our digestion systems work. The description of the Indian food was pretty funny tongue.gif
post #9792 of 16104
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACCA350 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post

The only thing to be aware of is if the Chinese pirates remux the audio, they sometimes screw up the mix (as they did on Epic and Oblivion's MKV rips).
Remux by its nature cannot "screw up the mix".

Cheers

That's great, but remuxing's the only process in their nfos that denotes the modifications to the content which has resulted in lower volume mixes, or removal of bass extension. So, perhaps you'd like to address how they might accomplish these things, and why. I know the rest of us would benefit from your wisdom. And, after you teach us about that, you can regale us with stories of your travels to far and distant lands, and the exotic places where you gained this enormity of sage insight.
post #9793 of 16104
Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post

The production facilities received the BR master last week.

Just out of curiosity, how do you know this? Do you work for the studio?
post #9794 of 16104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurolicious View Post

Just out of curiosity, how do you know this? Do you work for the studio?

He is an Insider wink.gif......now stop asking questions.
post #9795 of 16104
Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post

I'll try to list the most common abbreviations from this thread, some of which aren't used that much because the movies aren't discussed much.

Note: if a link doesn't take you to the exact measurements of the movie, just hit F5 to reload the page. (This has to do with bad browser rendering when multiple image placeholders try to display at once, not the site itself or your computer.)

AGDTDH = A Good Day To Die Hard (aka Die Hard 5)

ALVH = Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

AOTC = Star Wars: Attack of the Clones

AVP = Alien vs. Predator

B:LA = Battle: Los Angeles

BHD = Black Hawk Down

CITW = Cabin In the Woods

COTT = Clash of the Titans

DOTM = Transformers: Dark of the Moon

FOTP = Flight of the Phoenix

HTTYD = How To Train Your Dragon

IM, IM2, IM3 = Iron Man 1, Iron Man 2, 3

LFODH = Live Free or Die Hard (aka Die Hard 4)

LOTR FOTR = Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

LOTR TTT = Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

LOTR ROTK = Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

M&C = Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

OHF = Olympus Has Fallen

ROTF = Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

ROTS = Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith

SPR = Saving Private Ryan

T1, T2, T3 = Terminators 1, 2 & 3

TS = Terminator Salvation

TDK = The Dark Knight

TDKR = The Dark Knight Rises

TDAT = The Day After Tomorrow

TIH = The Incredible Hulk

T:L = Tron: Legacy

TPM = Star Wars: The Phantom Menace

TR = Total Recall

U:A = Underworld: Awakening

WOTT
= Wrath of the Titans

WOTW = War of the Worlds

ZDT or ZD30
= Zero Dark Thirty
How cool is that! Ask and you shall receive.
post #9796 of 16104
^^^ NICE POST!
post #9797 of 16104
Before upgrading my Windows to 64bit version....does SpecLab runs in 64bit environment?
post #9798 of 16104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylinestar View Post

Before upgrading my Windows to 64bit version....does SpecLab runs in 64bit environment?

I have 64 bit windows 7 professional and I can run speclab. I can't get the color scheme the same as everyone here though, no idea why.
post #9799 of 16104
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhamus View Post

He is an Insider wink.gif......now stop asking questions.

I don't recall asking you anything. Besides, I just asked a very simple, non-threatening question that I'm sure he's capable of answering himself. There's no reason to be defensive.
post #9800 of 16104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurolicious View Post

I don't recall asking you anything. Besides, I just asked a very simple, non-threatening question that I'm sure he's capable of answering himself. There's no reason to be defensive.

He was just joking around.. thats what the wink.gif implies.
post #9801 of 16104
I used to work in a portion of the industry, and made a few contacts. There are also a fair number of people on these forums that are actual insiders.

JWag: to get the color palette correct, just download bosso's settings from the d-b.com thread. Load them, and use them or change them back, but that'll give you the correct color scale.
post #9802 of 16104
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhamus View Post

Sounds about right, all Marvel movies are getting neutered since Avengers.

The Avengers formula made ~ 1 billion dollars. Of course they will do it again. That sucks for us, but oh well.....

JSS
post #9803 of 16104
IDK, I thought the Avengers sounded great!
post #9804 of 16104
Watched OHF today. Thought it was good and had some great bass scenes. Though I'm good to only 16Hz (hsu vtf3.3), the Washington monument was still pretty good. I could tell that there was more to it than what I got out of it. It was a great action flick and one I'll watch again!
post #9805 of 16104
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKtheater View Post

IDK, I thought the Avengers sounded great!

It wasn't horrid by any means...but it definetely felt like something was missing at some parts where I was expecting very heavy bass.

The amount of money they made you would expect them to go all out and give us a good soundtrack........I also found the surround sound track more front stage heavy.

PQ was absolutely stunning though, ill give them that....but the soundtrack could of been done better.

In other news - anyone got any bass Waterfall charts on Iron Man 3? wink.gif
post #9806 of 16104
Most extreme bass I've seen recently is in 'the impossible' (2012) with the start of the tsunami sequence.
post #9807 of 16104
I think the tsunami was around 30hz, I'll check it out later
post #9808 of 16104
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKtheater View Post

IDK, I thought the Avengers sounded great!

Absolutely! The ONLY issue with this track is the filtered low end and everything else was excellent to my ears. I did not find the track front heavy at all as the surround work was very well done IMO. All this is a big reason why the filtered low end was so disappointing because the track was a standout otherwise.
post #9809 of 16104
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo949 View Post

Most extreme bass I've seen recently is in 'the impossible' (2012) with the start of the tsunami sequence.

 

The red at 15hz is where it starts to rumble and then the hot pink blob is when the water first hits.

 

post #9810 of 16104
Thanks for the graph of The Impossible - I had heard it had decent LFE (and have suffered watching the film already because the missus bought it wink.gif) but my SVS tune only goes down to 16Hz so I think I am missing some of the content.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts