Originally Posted by LarryInRI
Thanks, zoyd. I'll make a note of it.
And also, I apologize to all that I gave outdated information.
Not really outdated, just complicated by the fact that some service menu items are not available unless you have a "factory remote" - special remote that technicians have. I have discovered another way to access these hidden fields including hours used (474 on my TV) and I will describe the steps below. If you decide to browse these additional options please be careful not change anything since you can damage your TV.
1. Download and install the program "ruSamsungTVCommunicator" from here
2. Turn on your TV and start the program, it should locate the TV and you can use it for remote control with the "Fernbeidenung" tab to make sure it's connected.
3. Turn off the TV.
4. Press Mute - 1 - 8 - 2 - Power to start service menu
5. Reconnect with ruSamsungTVCommunicator
6. Press "Factory" and then "3Speed"
All extra menu fields will now be available. I had some trouble with step 5 in that it took a few minutes for the TV to appear on my LAN again but eventually it worked. Let me know how it goes.