or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › DIY Speakers and Subs › Lab Gruppen FP14000 clone amplifiers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lab Gruppen FP14000 clone amplifiers - Page 78

post #2311 of 4382
Hello from Russia!

What do you think about it that's a clone of the amplifier LabGruppen
http://www.seeraudio.com/en/pshow.php?id=226

with characteristics
Model MH6.4
Stereo 8Ω - 4X1600W
Stereo 4Ω - 4X2600W
Stereo 2Ω - 4X3200W
Bridged 8Ω - 2X4800W
Bridged 4Ω - 2X5600W

is it real? smile.gif
I mean, really take circuitry and components ala Sunway and get increased power?

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #2312 of 4382
Thread Starter 
Feel free to test it out.
post #2313 of 4382
i am in Russia, amplifier in China.
i want buy this amp, but i don't see on a chinese website (like alibaba or aliexpress) an amps of other brands with these characteristics.
post #2314 of 4382
I would want pictures of the components and compare to the other chinese LG clones. First thing would be to find out if it is 2ohm stable. If its the same components as sanway, etc. Then not likely.
post #2315 of 4382
For the more recent posters who have experience with the Sanways.. -->

I'm assuming most of you guys bought your clones in the 240v configuration ya? The only hard part about looking at renting new venue's for music events is not knowing what kind of electrical supply it has. I would buy a 9000 or 14k in 240v but this fact alone has me wondering if I should, since I don't want to have to discriminate against great locations with simply average electrical.

In my case, 1 or 2 of the fp's would be powering 4 of the McCauley M88's. This is going to be my main substage for live events.

http://www.mccauleysound.com/product_overview.cfm?ID=2233

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


Performance Overview


Class: Subwoofer

Freq. Response (-3dB) 30Hz - 175Hz
Low Freq. Response (-10dB) 20Hz

Power Handling (AES)
Low (1) 1250W
Low (2) 1250W

Power Handling (Program)
Low (1) 600W
Low (2) 600W

Max Peak SPL
Low 142dB

Max Continuous SPL
Low 137dB

Impedance
Low (1) 8Ω
Low (2) 8Ω

Sensitivity
Low 100dB

Critical Filter / Crossover Data
Bandpass 22Hz - 85Hz



________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


Some pictures of the subs because who doesn't love pictures of glorious stacks.







post #2316 of 4382
especially those of you in the states. The music played through them is primarily limited to electronic genres.
post #2317 of 4382
Thread Starter 
I have the 120v versions, others have ordered 240. 240 very slightly more efficient. They both work well.
post #2318 of 4382
Not what model of the FP's might you recommend for running four of those cabs? Thanks
post #2319 of 4382
Great thread. I just ordered Sanway's FP9000 and their version of the Ashly Protea 4.8 DSP. It will be interesting to compare the Protea to Beheringer's DCX2496.
post #2320 of 4382
How much was the 4.8dsp clone?
post #2321 of 4382
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDYSoundDesigns View Post

In my case, 1 or 2 of the fp's would be powering 4 of the McCauley M88's. This is going to be my main substage for live events.
Uh... If you do this for a living do you really want to risk your reputation on a Chinese knockoff product with less than a stellar reliability track record (to put it mildly)? I hope you buy a couple of spares and have understanding clients when you have to swap them in.
post #2322 of 4382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post

Uh... If you do this for a living do you really want to risk your reputation on a Chinese knockoff product with less than a stellar reliability track record (to put it mildly)? I hope you buy a couple of spares and have understanding clients when you have to swap them in.

I don't do this for a living. I'm a college student who is an event producer on the side for fun. How the hell am I gonna afford a $6k real lab on a student budget, just ain't gonna happen. I'll make due with these considering they DO work somewhat well, thus far
post #2323 of 4382
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylc View Post

How much was the 4.8dsp clone?

$397.
post #2324 of 4382
@JDY - why are you supplying gear, if you are an event producer... should you not just hire a sound and lighting company in, and YOU would be "technical directing" the event, or am I not understanding your role...
post #2325 of 4382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heywood1969 View Post

@JDY - why are you supplying gear, if you are an event producer... should you not just hire a sound and lighting company in, and YOU would be "technical directing" the event, or am I not understanding your role...

Supplying events with my own gear allows me to reduce costs versus hiring a sound company. Just eliminates one more person to pay, increasing revenue for the events I organize. Plus I am building my own PA over time, so that is another reason.
post #2326 of 4382
Quote:
Originally Posted by fperra View Post

Great thread. I just ordered Sanway's FP9000 and their version of the Ashly Protea 4.8 DSP. It will be interesting to compare the Protea to Beheringer's DCX2496.

Robert from Sanway just emailed me FedEx tracking number. Should be here next Thursday. Looks like I need to speed up my Subwoofer build.smile.gif
post #2327 of 4382
Has anyone thought about adding a poll within this thread on these amps so we could get a better feel for how many are out there, how are working flawlessly, needed some repairs, etc? From cruising through this thread it seems to me that most are very satisfied. Am I correct?
post #2328 of 4382
Most guys who have the fp14000's are problem free with a few exceptions. The 10Q was the problematic unit. Sanway says they've found the problem and fixed it but who knows. I have 4 of the fp14000's and they all work great and get regular beatings. I'd feel just as comfortable buying a fp14 than anything in a store.
post #2329 of 4382
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post

Most guys who have the fp14000's are problem free with a few exceptions. The 10Q was the problematic unit. Sanway says they've found the problem and fixed it but who knows. I have 4 of the fp14000's and they all work great and get regular beatings. I'd feel just as comfortable buying a fp14 than anything in a store.

Guess that's all I need to know.

Thanks!
post #2330 of 4382
The fp10000q arrived in great shape yesterday. It was delivered by Fedex. Testing it now with one 8ohm sub per channel . Later I plan on running 2 per channel for 4ohm. The manual was a bit confusing regarding the 2 balanced outputs , but Robert was a great help. The only thing I wish there was a way to parallel the inputs better. It looks like channel A+C can be run parallel and thats it.I used xlr to rca adapters with a y splitter to run channel 2 and 4 together. I'll do some more testing with video later, just using music now.
post #2331 of 4382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezmond View Post

The fp10000q arrived in great shape yesterday. It was delivered by Fedex. Testing it now with one 8ohm sub per channel . Later I plan on running 2 per channel for 4ohm. The manual was a bit confusing regarding the 2 balanced outputs , but Robert was a great help. The only thing I wish there was a way to parallel the inputs better. It looks like channel A+C can be run parallel and thats it.I used xlr to rca adapters with a y splitter to run channel 2 and 4 together. I'll do some more testing with video later, just using music now.

Good to hear. That's probably gonna be the amp I buy when I'm ready.

Tang sent me this yesterday. Moar pics never hurt

post #2332 of 4382
As soon as my Crest CC4000 sells I am ordering an fp14000!
post #2333 of 4382
What is your current rig that you are running, or is that your rig in the photos.... What are you powering it with now...
post #2334 of 4382
I did more testing last night and this amp is the real deal . I was running dual 18''s off each channel almost full tilt with no problem. Even though it can run 4ohm with no problem,I am gonna run it 8ohm for the final install ,one 4645c from each channel. The other 18''s I tested were a pair of mj18's and rfd1218's,both only 600 rms, but the rockfords suck down more then that.
post #2335 of 4382
have my 2x fp14000 sitting around, haven't used them at all because i have nothing that uses that kind of power, possibly getting a fp10000q instead, but still debating if even that is too much for me, but headroom is always nice.
post #2336 of 4382
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufokillerz View Post

have my 2x fp14000 sitting around, haven't used them at all because i have nothing that uses that kind of power, possibly getting a fp10000q instead, but still debating if even that is too much for me, but headroom is always nice.

I've held off on buying the fp14000 because I doubt it's needed for my 2 CHT 18.2 subs. If I get 4 of the CHT's then I will pull the trigger for sure.
Edited by SeaNile - 12/31/12 at 9:22am
post #2337 of 4382
Greetings to all and a happy new year when it arrives.

I have been following this thread for a while now and taken into consideration all that has been said about the Sanway amplifiers. I have a couple of questions about the 10000q which will help me to decide between the FP10000Q and the FP14000.

First question, can the 10000q be safely used at 2.66ohms now that it's problems have been ironed out, and is the VCL as good as it should be? Reasons for my questions are that I am intending on series parallel connection on 4 dual 15" (8x15") and using the 10000q bridged at just over 4000 watts which will be too much for the drivers so would apply the VCL settings to reduce the power.

I could use the FP14000 but it only output 2350 watts at 8ohms so would not be enough driving 4 600 watts rms transducers.

Any comments/suggestions will be much appreciated as some of you have first hand experience of these amplifiers. I have confirmed with Johnson that the 10000q problems have been resolved but the users of the amplifiers should be able to attest to Johnsons claims.

B.T.
post #2338 of 4382
I use clone amps because I wanted the power needed down low without rolloff. Down low uses much more power than above 20hz for my sealed setup so I figured why not. I can tell you once I used the clone my low end has been better than ever using the same subs.
post #2339 of 4382
You can set how much wattage you want the amp to send. Look here at the different vpl settings. http://labgruppen.com/media/downloads/product/VPL-FPplus.pdf
post #2340 of 4382
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKtheater View Post

I use clone amps because I wanted the power needed down low without rolloff. Down low uses much more power than above 20hz for my sealed setup so I figured why not. I can tell you once I used the clone my low end has been better than ever using the same subs.
MK, forgive my ignorance, but what amp were you using before?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: DIY Speakers and Subs

Gear mentioned in this thread:

AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › DIY Speakers and Subs › Lab Gruppen FP14000 clone amplifiers