or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › DIY Speakers and Subs › Lab Gruppen FP14000 clone amplifiers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lab Gruppen FP14000 clone amplifiers - Page 83

post #2461 of 4377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

I'm not really sure where all this talk continues from about the LMS-U being 'inefficient'. Everyone keeps saying that or that it needs/requires a ton of power. It's actually tremendously more efficient that most high excursion 18's. It just so happens to be able to soak up a lot of power. wink.gif

Very good point. At almost 90 db sensitivity, I'd hardly classify this driver as inefficient; in fact it's just the opposite. Being able to handle a lot of power, and requiring a lot of power are two totally different things.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #2462 of 4377
Just placed an order for an FP14000 from Robert. I'll take some pics once I receive it.
post #2463 of 4377
I just received the FP14000 clone. It showed up DOA.

The VPL, Mute, power light is blinking continuously when powered on. The relay is also clicking continuously, once powered on. I don't have anything hooked up to it.

Judging from RDking's experience. Sounds like something is shorted or a voltage regulator isn't adjusted correctly. I'm hoping it's the regulator adjustment. I emailed sanway.

While I wait for a response, for people here that have had this issue, what boards and pot were measured and adjusted?
post #2464 of 4377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trike View Post

I just received the FP14000 clone. It showed up DOA.

The VPL, Mute, power light is blinking continuously when powered on. The relay is also clicking continuously, once powered on. I don't have anything hooked up to it.

Judging from RDking's experience. Sounds like something is shorted or a voltage regulator isn't adjusted correctly. I'm hoping it's the regulator adjustment. I emailed sanway.

While I wait for a response, for people here that have had this issue, what boards and pot were measured and adjusted?

That is what my 10000q did intermitantly. I replaced three boards. I think they have info regarding this failure now though. Be persistant about contacting sanway.
post #2465 of 4377
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubalis2 View Post

Thanks for the heads up smile.gif

Have you ever ran the LMS on just an ep4000? I know it is underpowered compared to the clones, just curious if you have any insight into the upgrade.

I have and even bridged it sucked... basically it looked like a red eyed chucky doll. Insufficient power tongue.gif I switched back to my iTech 8000, problem solved. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trike View Post

I just received the FP14000 clone. It showed up DOA.

DOH! I hate when that happens (which is all too often).
I'm beginning to wonder if sanway cares about their reputation... by even a nano-degree?
If the product they were cloning was any lesser of a product, I wouldn't even consider them; and even then I still pause at the thought.
Remind me to never have any surgery done in china, I could leave DOA!!!
post #2466 of 4377
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassThatHz View Post

Remind me to never have any surgery done in china, I could leave DOA!!!

biggrin.gif
post #2467 of 4377
I got impatient waiting for sanway to reply, and I took it apart. The first thing I did was check the output voltage. I was getting 206v. I measured the two pots before I made any adjustments. The pot was completely cranked clockwise.

Since based on this thread the output voltage should be 190v. The closest I could get to is 182v. It fluctuates up to 185v. The resolution on the pot sucks. If I blew on the screw driver the voltage would overshoot or undershoot significantly. So I settled on 182-185v.

Is there any consequences for not hitting the 190v mark?

I'm just glad it stopped power cycling, I was worried something was going to smoke.

This is how far off the pot was.

post #2468 of 4377
Here's some other pics of the internals.



post #2469 of 4377
is it working now ?
post #2470 of 4377
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieattk View Post

is it working now ?

Not sure yet, I'll get a chance tonight to hook up some speakers and a source to the amp.

Did anybody that had to adjust the output voltage find that the output voltage doesn't stay constant? I can't get it locked on at 190v. I've only managed to get it to 180-185v. The first time I did this, I left the amp idling for about an hour, then rechecked the voltage. It was now at 195v. I re-adjusted it, and now it's holding around 180v.

I'll check with sanway once I get a response.
post #2471 of 4377
Any updates?! smile.gif
post #2472 of 4377
No updates really. UPS didn't deliver my cables yesterday. But I did verify that signal is being received. I had an xlr cable hooked up from the SMS-1 to the FP14000. The signal lights were coming on and the gain appeared to be working. Once I get the cables today, I'll hook it up to some real speakers. At this point, I see no reason why it wouldn't work.
post #2473 of 4377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trike View Post

No updates really. UPS didn't deliver my cables yesterday. But I did verify that signal is being received. I had an xlr cable hooked up from the SMS-1 to the FP14000. The signal lights were coming on and the gain appeared to be working. Once I get the cables today, I'll hook it up to some real speakers. At this point, I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

well at least you now know there is a over voltage protect.
post #2474 of 4377
I hooked up a pair paradigm titan bookshelfs to the fp14000. It appears yo work fine. I could barely turn up the gain on the amp before it was too loud. I played it for a couple hours and it worked fine. But I doubt it was working very hard with the titans
post #2475 of 4377
Take a look at this...http://www.seismicaudiospeakers.com/Epicenter-Power-Amplifier-p/epicenter5004.htm

Look familiar? Less Power by a bunch, only 500w/8ohms/channel.
post #2476 of 4377
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandbjt View Post

Take a look at this...http://www.seismicaudiospeakers.com/Epicenter-Power-Amplifier-p/epicenter5004.htm

Look familiar? Less Power by a bunch, only 500w/8ohms/channel.

the chassis they are using is more or less the generic one many company's use it you can even buy one on eBay if u wanted.
post #2477 of 4377
By the weight of it, I bet its class H or a/b .
post #2478 of 4377
Most of the weight would come a "big iron" power supply instead of a switching power supply, irrespective of the output stage operating class.
post #2479 of 4377
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandbjt View Post

Take a look at this...http://www.seismicaudiospeakers.com/Epicenter-Power-Amplifier-p/epicenter5004.htm

Look familiar? Less Power by a bunch, only 500w/8ohms/channel.


interesting
post #2480 of 4377
so what is the fail rate on these? like 10% chance it's doa or like 1%?
post #2481 of 4377
Quote:
Originally Posted by WagBoss View Post

so what is the fail rate on these? like 10% chance it's doa or like 1%?

i dont think anyone has ended up with a dead one most got repaired in some way or another.
post #2482 of 4377
Not to many problems with the FP14000. More so with the FP10Q. I'd say you have a very good chance to get a perfectly working FP14
post #2483 of 4377
Just received a Sanway FP14000 today via FedEx. What terrible packaging. A single box with the amplifier wrapped in a single layer of thin bubble wrap. As you can imagine, coming all the way from China, it picked up damage along the way. Three of the 4 corners are bent. One is pretty bad. Here are some pictures:







Another strange thing. Following FedEx tracking, the unit first shipped from Shenzhen, China to Guangzhou, China which is where Sanway's factory is located. This makes me wonder if the amp is actually made by Sanway. I let Johnson know about the damage and I'm awaiting his response. I haven't plugged the amp in yet. I need to remove the bottom and top plates to see if anything came loose in transit. Fortunately the FP9000 I ordered from them arrived in good condition as it was packaged with double boxes with padding between them. Very disappointed:(.
post #2484 of 4377
It has been said in this massive thread that Sanway does not build the amplifier and they are just a seller of a product made by someone else. Very curious to see how your Fp9000 turns out.
post #2485 of 4377
Well, I was able to take the side panels off and straighten them without marring up the finish. Also, everything looked in place internally so I plugged it in and it appears to operate normally. The new fans are a little quieter than the ones that came in the FP9000, but I have the quiet fans on order.

At this time the FP9000 is running my two subs and doing a fine job, but I haven't equalized the subs yet, so I haven't really pushed the amp. After I get the quiet fans in the 14000 I'll probable sell the 9000 or keep it as a backup.
post #2486 of 4377
Sorry to hear about the less than stellar packing job.

One thing that really impressed me about my pair of 14k's was how well they were packed. Both of mine came quadruple boxed with not a scratch on them. But obviously this isnt the case here. frown.gif
post #2487 of 4377
I hope we can still request that they quadruple box it for the future.
post #2488 of 4377
Man. That sucks. I just received mine couple weeks ago and mine came double boxed with a layer of bubble wrap in between. I got lucky mine didn't get damaged, BUT mine did come DOA... However, it's fixed now.
post #2489 of 4377
Quote:
Originally Posted by fperra View Post

Just received a Sanway FP14000 today via FedEx. What terrible packaging. A single box with the amplifier wrapped in a single layer of thin bubble wrap. As you can imagine, coming all the way from China, it picked up damage along the way. Three of the 4 corners are bent. One is pretty bad. Here are some pictures:







Another strange thing. Following FedEx tracking, the unit first shipped from Shenzhen, China to Guangzhou, China which is where Sanway's factory is located. This makes me wonder if the amp is actually made by Sanway. I let Johnson know about the damage and I'm awaiting his response. I haven't plugged the amp in yet. I need to remove the bottom and top plates to see if anything came loose in transit. Fortunately the FP9000 I ordered from them arrived in good condition as it was packaged with double boxes with padding between them. Very disappointed:(.

My 10000q was shipped out of hong kong.
post #2490 of 4377
Quote:
Originally Posted by fperra View Post

Just received a Sanway FP14000 today via FedEx. What terrible packaging. A single box with the amplifier wrapped in a single layer of thin bubble wrap. As you can imagine, coming all the way from China, it picked up damage along the way. Three of the 4 corners are bent. One is pretty bad. Here are some pictures:







Another strange thing. Following FedEx tracking, the unit first shipped from Shenzhen, China to Guangzhou, China which is where Sanway's factory is located. This makes me wonder if the amp is actually made by Sanway. I let Johnson know about the damage and I'm awaiting his response. I haven't plugged the amp in yet. I need to remove the bottom and top plates to see if anything came loose in transit. Fortunately the FP9000 I ordered from them arrived in good condition as it was packaged with double boxes with padding between them. Very disappointed:(.

send him pictures of the packaging, i had the same problem, but i forgot to take pictures

mine was in a billion layers of bubble wrap, but my rear corners were bent as well.

he never bothered to reply to me either, i requested that he send me the sunon fans he promised, i inspected my unit, and they did not have sunon fans as he promised.

AVOID SANWAY, they are probably going downhill from here.

mine came from hongkong too i believe.

it was a FP10000Q

my FP14000 i ordered over a year ago came quadruple boxed with custom cut packaging like the behringer ep4000 i have.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: DIY Speakers and Subs

Gear mentioned in this thread:

AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › DIY Speakers and Subs › Lab Gruppen FP14000 clone amplifiers