or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX12 Model Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX12 Model Owner's Thread - Page 557

post #16681 of 18955
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

You first have to compare to see which device does the best job in your eyes ... the source device, the AVR, or your TV and if no real difference then simply set the "i/P scaler" setting to OFF.

Thanks, I'll give it a try and see if I can tell the difference.
post #16682 of 18955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayjer View Post

As I bought my AVR1912 as a "floor model", it did not include the set-up mic.
A friend has a AVR1713 and has the ACM1HB mic. Will this mic work for my 1912?
( I did check the set-up guide linked above....but not clear )

I bought a floor model at frys for my 2312, before committing to buy ask them to check in the back to see if they can piece together the accessories from other units. They were willing to do it on mine.
post #16683 of 18955
Yes...well, I wasn't aware it would have come with a mic at the time.
post #16684 of 18955
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobLee View Post

Every Denon AVR that includes Audyssey should come with a setup mic.
I believe the DM-A409 is still what they ship. Where did you buy your 1912?

Denon is now using the ACM-1HB (same mic used with Marantz and Onkyo AVRs) with the newer XX13 models.
post #16685 of 18955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayjer View Post

As I bought my AVR1912 as a "floor model", it did not include the set-up mic.
A friend has a AVR1713 and has the ACM1HB mic. Will this mic work for my 1912?
( I did check the set-up guide linked above....but not clear )

The DM-A409, ACM-1H, and ACM-1HB mics are all interchangeable (Denon, Marantz, Onkyo).

http://www.avsforum.com/t/795421/official-audyssey-thread-faq-in-post-1/51700_100#user_d4
post #16686 of 18955
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimphofoo View Post

I bought a floor model at frys for my 2312, before committing to buy ask them to check in the back to see if they can piece together the accessories from other units. They were willing to do it on mine.

Good point. Best Buy also is known to separate the mic from their floor models, generally just placing it in a drawer somewhere, although if not available when the demo is purchased, may reduce the unit sale price another $25 to account for having to buy a new mic. smile.gif
post #16687 of 18955
Can the AVR-3312 be controlled by an iPad-1? I would need it to do volume control and source switching. Is this possible, and if so, how do I go about setting it up? Is there an app?
My other question is...what are some good methods of streaming music from either an iPad-1 or a Samsung lap top going through iTunes? I also want to download some various songs from HDtracks onto my laptop, so with that being said, what is the best way to get the sounds from the hard drive on my laptop to the AVR-3312? Any help and or advise would be greatly appreciated.
post #16688 of 18955
The iPad uses the Denon iPhone remote app (requires iOS 4.3 or later), although as it's designed for the iPhone 5, AFAIK the screen isn't sized properly when expanded to the iPad display.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/denon-remote-app/id388608880?mt=8


You can use the AVR's built in Airplay feature to stream audio to the AVR.
post #16689 of 18955
There is a denon control app to control your avr but I am not sure it works with ipad 1. There are other avr control apps that work over wifi much like the denon control app. Otherwise, you can also use your browser to connect to your avr.

For controlling iTunes, I use iTunes remote. This allows me to control my iTunes which is on my pc in the basement and initiate airplay to my avr or appletv via the ipad, but not hopping the bits to my ipad first.
post #16690 of 18955
SUCCESS !!!. I have had my 2112ci since Nov. 2011. I have never been able to get a Firmware update... I always got the "Authentication Failed" etc. messages.
I have tried everything posted in this thread to no avail. Network resets, Micro Resets, fixed IP, etc... and nothing. I never really worried about it, and figured that I would send it back to Denon when I was not going to be using it, i.e. after the holidays...

Well, I started looking at the network, and noticed that whenever It tried to authenticate, the network link would drop. I used a ping from my laptop.
In addition, recently, I hooked up a USB fan to the unit, and strangely enough, when the net dropped, and the GUI dropped, he fan did as well. *strange*. As I use Pandora allot, I was frustrated with the latest Pandora issue. Although i am streaming through my BD player now, I cannot use the Zone 2, as it is via HDMI. (I know I can hook it up analog).

When I started re-reading the threads again, I saw that some people had stated that there was an HDMI issue on the board. Putting all of these things toghether, I thought I would try one last ditch effort before returning the unit for repari. So I disconnected all of the HDMI cables, and the USB fan. Once I got an IP address again, I set the update to start from the laptop... And then about 15 seconds later, I heard a *pop*.... checked the pings and it was still connected. Looked at the OSD... and BAM... it was downloading the update. It is in the process of D/L now. WHOHOO !!! We'll see in about 15 minutes if it works...

I want to thank all of the folks on this forum, who , through their frustrations, posted many different workarounds. I was about ready to have an excorcism performed on the thing....
SO if you are at the end of trying everything else, maybe this was just luck, or co-incedence, but it can't hurt to try...

Happy New Year to all of you !!!!
post #16691 of 18955
I have a denon avr-2112ci did the firmware update pandora is working but now when watching tv (htpc) a lot of the channels are unwatchable the video comes and goes, audio no problem, can somebody help smile.gif

if I connect hdmi cable direct to the tv everything is ok
post #16692 of 18955
Review the following post for tips, otherwise continue to connect HDMI direct to TV with optical to the AVR ...

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1334369/the-official-denon-avr-xx12-model-owners-thread/0_100#user_L12
post #16693 of 18955
thanks! jdsmoothie but before the firmware update everything was working fine, does that means that the upgrade mess up my video?
post #16694 of 18955
It's certainly possible .... although no way of going back so if you cannot resolve the issue, the work around I suggested will be required.
post #16695 of 18955
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZZlo View Post

SUCCESS !!!. I have had my 2112ci since Nov. 2011. I have never been able to get a Firmware update... I always got the "Authentication Failed" etc. messages.
I have tried everything posted in this thread to no avail. Network resets, Micro Resets, fixed IP, etc... and nothing. I never really worried about it, and figured that I would send it back to Denon when I was not going to be using it, i.e. after the holidays...
Well, I started looking at the network, and noticed that whenever It tried to authenticate, the network link would drop. I used a ping from my laptop.
In addition, recently, I hooked up a USB fan to the unit, and strangely enough, when the net dropped, and the GUI dropped, he fan did as well. *strange*. As I use Pandora allot, I was frustrated with the latest Pandora issue. Although i am streaming through my BD player now, I cannot use the Zone 2, as it is via HDMI. (I know I can hook it up analog).
When I started re-reading the threads again, I saw that some people had stated that there was an HDMI issue on the board. Putting all of these things toghether, I thought I would try one last ditch effort before returning the unit for repari. So I disconnected all of the HDMI cables, and the USB fan. Once I got an IP address again, I set the update to start from the laptop... And then about 15 seconds later, I heard a *pop*.... checked the pings and it was still connected. Looked at the OSD... and BAM... it was downloading the update. It is in the process of D/L now. WHOHOO !!! We'll see in about 15 minutes if it works...
I want to thank all of the folks on this forum, who , through their frustrations, posted many different workarounds. I was about ready to have an excorcism performed on the thing....
SO if you are at the end of trying everything else, maybe this was just luck, or co-incedence, but it can't hurt to try...
Happy New Year to all of you !!!!

Update: Once the update showed as completed, then I received the Update Retry. I checked the FW Version, and it shows as 0007. Also when I do a "check for update" it shows that I have the latest version.
I guess eventually the Update Retry will stop ? Also, Pandora still is not working. Will keep you posted...
post #16696 of 18955
thanks jdsmoothie once you sent me to that post, I remember that I was using some nvidia settings and I just disable them and enable them again and bingo, problem solved biggrin.gif
post #16697 of 18955
I'm using avr 2312 and cannot connect to Internet radio though it has been connected to the network. Anyone has experience this?
post #16698 of 18955
Internet radio specifically or Pandora? Have you tried to reboot the router/modem? Is the firmware on the 2312 up to date?
post #16699 of 18955
Hi Everyone,

Trying to find out if I connect speakers to Zone 2, that I have to sacrifice my 7.1 main room down to 5.1. Do I get 7.1 if Zone 2 is turned off, or how does it work?

I've read the FAQ and have done a search, but still don't have a definitive answer to my question.

I would like to have my 7.1 set up in a main room and hook up Zone 2 and leave it off until needed. I would only zone 2 when zone 7.1 is not in use. I just don't want to loose 7.1 completely in my main room.

Can someone confirm this for me?

Many thanks,
Russ
post #16700 of 18955
It's an either/or configuration ... either Zone 2 or Surr Back (2 of several AMP ASSIGN choices). If you have a "CI" model, you can connect a 2CH amp to the Zone 2 pre-outs and use that amp to power the Zone 2 speakers thus allowing you to keep the 7.1 setup in the main zone.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1334369/the-official-denon-avr-xx12-model-owners-thread/0_100#user_M
post #16701 of 18955
Two quick questions. DO most of your experiment with Dialogue level when in a 5.1 setup? Mine is set at -1.0 right now.
Also, I've noticed that my sub when set on AUTO mode, has a red light on (which is telling me it's off). I can turn it on and the light is green, but not sure why when in auto mode, and using my receiver, it has a red light on. Ill ask this 2nd question in the sub forum, but maybe someone with the same sub has had this issue.

Thanks
post #16702 of 18955
As with many of the settings ... personal preference will prevail. The "red" sub power light means it's in standby mode, and then should turn "green" when it detects a signal from the AVR. In most cases the light will turn back to "red" once a signal is not detected within 10 minutes give or take.
post #16703 of 18955
Quote:
Originally Posted by FroMagnus View Post

I just received the updated firmware this morning for my 2112. Pandora is back! Took about 5-7min for the update. It's now showing 0007.
I just got home and did the firmware update, took all of 5 minutes and Pandora is back!!!
post #16704 of 18955
Hi,

One question: when you hit CH LEVEL on te remote on the AVR 2312/3312, is then automatically a testtone put out or can levels be adjusted without testtone as well?

thanks!
post #16705 of 18955
No test tone .... just channel level adjustment.
post #16706 of 18955
I have setup 5.1 sound. the rear speakers are placed about 110 degrees relative to my LP. I was wondering which terminal should the rear speakers be connected to the amp: the "surround L/R" or "Surr back?"
post #16707 of 18955
In a 5.1 setup, the surrounds are considered "side" surrounds and therefore connected to the "Surround" posts. When adding the additional 2 rear speakers in a 7.1 setup, they would then be connected to the "Surr Back/Amp Assign" posts. smile.gif
post #16708 of 18955
I'm sorry if this has already been covered. I'm not getting a firmware update option when I turn on my receiver. I have the AVR- 1912 and have been waiting for the firmware update that resolves the Pandora issue. From everything I've read Denon has released the firmware update for this receiver, however every time I turn my receiver on there is no option to update. I checked my network set up and the update and upgrade feature are set to on. I've unplugged my receiver and router and then plugged back in to reset my router. The network feature is working on the AVR because I do get Internet radio. I've been able to receive firmware updates in the past, it seems to me that it's been quite some time since the last update for this receiver. Any insight or help on this issue would be appreciated. Thank you.
post #16709 of 18955
What has worked for some is rather than selecting "Check for Update" have you just tried "Start the Update"?
post #16710 of 18955
I've checked the manual to see if I can manually look for the update but cannot find anything on how to do that. There is nothing on my screen when turning on the receiver that indicates there's an update. How can I start the update without seeing anything on my screen? Thanks for your help.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX12 Model Owner's Thread