or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Marantz SR5006 / Marantz SR6006 Receiver Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Marantz SR5006 / Marantz SR6006 Receiver Thread - Page 23

post #661 of 1955
I am currently using the web controller for all commands on a SR5006, hidden in another room. I would like to have the option to use a traditional remote at times.

Has anyone had success using the IR flasher in? What type cable/receiver is required? I assume it's a stereo IR in, but the IR Receiver I tried did not work even after switching off the main IR control.

Failing that any recommendations for a wired IR extender?
post #662 of 1955
PS3 Issue with SR6006

Have a question regarding blurriness while playing a video game on the PS3. I just played FIFA on the PS3 and noticed a lot of annoying blurriness on the green playing field, which I never had before. I have the ip scaler off on the GAME input so it should be passing thru the video. Any ideas what is going on? Never had this when the PS3 was connected directly to the TV.
post #663 of 1955
Quote:
Originally Posted by minotauri View Post

I'm having an issue with my new SR6006. I am having really bad screen flickering when connecting my PS3 to it via HDMI. It flickers and sometimes drops video and goes black and then re-displays video again. I have other hdmi devices connected including xbox, cable box, and hd-dvd player and they all work fine. I've tried 4 different hdmi cables that i know work and I have also tried plugging in different inputs on the receiver without luck. Plugging hdmi directly to the TV works fine without flickering. I have a Samsung LN46C650 TV.

Oh, this flickering does not occur when playing a blu-ray movie or game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekkoville View Post

Have you checked the video settings on the PS3? When I reconnected mine from another display I had no video due to settings in the PS3. I had to remove it, hook back up to the previous TV, and change display settings in order make adjustments. Might be something to check.

I'm having a similar PS3 issue, though I'd describe mine as more "snow" or "noise" rather than screen flickering. I see this only while streaming from netflix or vudu, and primarily in the blacks/dark colors, making darker scenes almost unwatchable. Bluray picture is flawless, which makes me unsure of the origin of the noise seen while streaming. any thoughts or suggestions?
post #664 of 1955
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGIM5804 View Post

PS3 Issue with SR6006

Have a question regarding blurriness while playing a video game on the PS3. I just played FIFA on the PS3 and noticed a lot of annoying blurriness on the green playing field, which I never had before. I have the ip scaler off on the GAME input so it should be passing thru the video. Any ideas what is going on? Never had this when the PS3 was connected directly to the TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by levatator View Post

I'm having a similar PS3 issue, though I'd describe mine as more "snow" or "noise" rather than screen flickering. I see this only while streaming from netflix or vudu, and primarily in the blacks/dark colors, making darker scenes almost unwatchable. Bluray picture is flawless, which makes me unsure of the origin of the noise seen while streaming. any thoughts or suggestions?

Have you both tried turning the "Deep Color Output" setting on the PS3 to OFF?
post #665 of 1955
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

Have you both tried turning the "Deep Color Output" setting on the PS3 to OFF?

Tried this but did not help. The blurriness is only when there is movement on the field, if I pause with the ball or if its a close up shot then it's fine. I even tried fooling around with the motion on the TV but that didn't help although that should not be a reason since it was never a problem before having the receiver. Really getting annoyed at this.
post #666 of 1955
I am sure there is a setting I am not aware of..... I have TiVo connected via HDMI I turn the receiver to standby and eventually sound from the TiVo will be playing. What setting do I need to make to the receiver.
post #667 of 1955
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

Have you both tried turning the "Deep Color Output" setting on the PS3 to OFF?

Yeah I tried this as well, no change. Again the vexing thing about it is that BD playback is fine, while streaming is very noisy. Is this what some have referred to as the signal being molested? Would this be "selective molestation" then, as its only apparent while streaming?
post #668 of 1955
Quote:
Originally Posted by levatator View Post

Yeah I tried this as well, no change. Again the vexing thing about it is that BD playback is fine, while streaming is very noisy. Is this what some have referred to as the signal being molested? Would this be "selective molestation" then, as its only apparent while streaming?

Figured it out, it is the DNR setting that screws it up. If I turn on the feature, it introduces blur. It doesn't affect regular TV watching or movies but for some reason it affect that specific game.
post #669 of 1955
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGIM5804 View Post

Figured it out, it is the DNR setting that screws it up. If I turn on the feature, it introduces blur. It doesn't affect regular TV watching or movies but for some reason it affect that specific game.

Hmmm, I'm not convinced that we're seeing the same problem here. Where is the DNR setting? In the PS3, receiver, or your display?
post #670 of 1955
I got a good deal on A 5005.It replaced my Denon 3802.audessy makes it sound better.Still very hard for me to set up.I,m 51 and kinda computer challenged though.Awesome recievers though.It drives my big Paradigm 90P V3,s Just fine they will handel 250 watts.
post #671 of 1955
^^
Welcome ... although this is the 5006/6006 thread ... try posting in the thread below ...


http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...t=marantz+5005
post #672 of 1955
Hey guys, I think I'm missing something obvious here.
I've got the SR5006, and I'm trying to set up Pandora. In the settings, it's only giving me the option to put in username/password for Rhapsody or Napster. In the Web Controller, if I switch to Pandora, it says "I have an existing Account/Sign Up for a new account" but if I pick either one of them, it says "You can't use the Web Controller for this."
I can't find anywhere else to enter the settings for Pandora.
Help?
post #673 of 1955
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathriel View Post

Hey guys, I think I'm missing something obvious here.
I've got the SR5006, and I'm trying to set up Pandora. In the settings, it's only giving me the option to put in username/password for Rhapsody or Napster. In the Web Controller, if I switch to Pandora, it says "I have an existing Account/Sign Up for a new account" but if I pick either one of them, it says "You can't use the Web Controller for this."
I can't find anywhere else to enter the settings for Pandora.
Help?

Go to Net/USB and select Pandora. You will then be able to enter your Email address and password.
post #674 of 1955
When I go to Net/USB (from the remote) it just shows Net/USB on the receiver itself, and nothing displays on the TV. (Except that it's 7.1 surround, and what display it is).

If I hit "Amp Menu", it goes back to showing the Menu onscreen where I can only enter Rhapsody/Napster password.

How do I select Pandora after going to Net/USB without using the Web controller?
post #675 of 1955
^^
Have you already registered for a Pandora account as noted on p. 36 ...

When you first listen to Pandora, it is necessary to subscribe to a Pandora account at the Pandora homepage by your PC and register this machine. See the Pandora homepage for details.

http://www.pandora.com/marantz
post #676 of 1955
Hmm, could it be this:

"in Net/USB mode, the interface only displays 480p through HDMI and Marantz support confirmed this and this is the only mode for Net/USB"

I'm only outputting HDMI - maybe my tv doesn't sense the change to 480p?

---------------------------------

Just tested by plugging the receiver into another TV. I'm getting no signal output detected from the Net/USB, so no OSD on that source.)

(And I still don't see anywhere that says Pandora, except in the Web controller, so I'm assuming the email/password bit is in the OSD for Net/USB?)
post #677 of 1955
Quote:
Originally Posted by levatator View Post

Hmmm, I'm not convinced that we're seeing the same problem here. Where is the DNR setting? In the PS3, receiver, or your display?

It's on the receiver. Go into the AMP menu and into video adjustments and make sure DNR is off.
post #678 of 1955
Yeah, I found it there. Setting DNR to high seems to soften the noise slightly but also softens the picture as well. Looks like I'm no closer to the root cause of the noise. Anyone else have any ideas?
post #679 of 1955
Can these receivers not be set to always up-convert to 1080P? Forgive me if this has been answered earlier in the thread.
post #680 of 1955
^^
With the 6006, yes (using the i/p Scaler setting just as with your 3808); however, with the 5006, no, as there is no video chip.
post #681 of 1955
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

^^
With the 6006, yes (using the i/p Scaler setting just as with your 3808); however, with the 5006, no, as there is no video chip.

Thanks for the info. Ugh! I didn't do enough research on the differences between the 6006 and the 5006. I guess I don't have to worry about a bad scaling now.
post #682 of 1955
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVS View Post

Thanks for the info. Ugh! I didn't do enough research on the differences between the 6006 and the 5006. I guess I don't have to worry about a bad scaling now.

If you have a decent 1080p TV, it will upscale anyway, and often with great results. So, you are not necessarily missing anything.
post #683 of 1955
^^^

even if you have a crappy 1080p tv, it will scale/deinterlace... it has no choice....
post #684 of 1955
^^^^

Using a projector so when viewing broadcast television the projector switches to the mode the channel is broadcast in. 720p on for some, 1080i for others etc.
post #685 of 1955
^^^

on the input side...

in order to display it, it must scale/deinterlace to its native resolution...
post #686 of 1955
^^^^

Oh yea, crap, I am having brain farts lately, to used to seeing it scaled in receiver I guess and showing up as 1080P at the projector. Probably a better deinterlacer in the native display device anyway! Geesh! Thanks for whopping up side the head Chris & Ryan, actually you didn't whop me, because this was flame worthy!
post #687 of 1955
So I was letting my apartment-mates use my sr6006 and somehow one of them managed to get rid of the on screen volume display just for the BD input. I have been through the settings and manual and cannot for the life of me figure out how it got turned off. It works on every other setting and when the OSD is on just not on BD. I know this has to be an easy fix I just can't figure it out.
post #688 of 1955
^^^ Have you tried pressing the DISP key when BD input is selected?
post #689 of 1955
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVS View Post

^^^ Have you tried pressing the DISP key when BD input is selected?

Haha yea first thing I tried
post #690 of 1955
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVS View Post

^^^^

Oh yea, crap, I am having brain farts lately, to used to seeing it scaled in receiver I guess and showing up as 1080P at the projector. Probably a better deinterlacer in the native display device anyway! Geesh! Thanks for whopping up side the head Chris & Ryan, actually you didn't whop me, because this was flame worthy!

lol...

it happens to all of us at one time or another...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Marantz SR5006 / Marantz SR6006 Receiver Thread