Originally Posted by Mac The Knife
Last time I tried that it didn't work for me, it still used CDParanoia, guess I need to try it again some time.
BTW, if someone is willing to give this ripper a try, I'd be interested in your results:morituri
This one is written by one of the Fedora developers and supposedly uses the accuraterip database. Unfortunately it's only a command-line version and I haven't been able to get it to recognize any optical drives in Debian-based distros. So I think there's something "redhat" specific that he's relying on AFA device access is concerned.
I'd have tried it out last night as none of the solutions I used were elegant by any means. k3b froze after every completed rip but it was successful on all the discs I needed to get done except one that was just too far gone and it had to kill some process before every rip.
On another note, now I've been fighting with rhythmbox, Asunder, and Amarok all day trying to get my ipod to sync and to be able to use playlists. Amarok kept freezing too, so I'm guessing there's something wrong with the kde stuff I've got installed (I'm running Gnome/Ubuntu) that messing me up with Amarok/k3b. I've finally resorted to my windows VM and itunes which is painfully slow so far. But this is, at best, loosely on topic for this thread and not HTPC related...