or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Diablo 3 - Page 8

post #211 of 689
It kinda stinks you can't play one of the harder nodes right away.
post #212 of 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by deveng View Post

The biggest problem is that I have only 3 computers that have graphic cards, the others have integrated cards.

I'm playing on integrated with all the settings maxed and have seen no problems. The only stutter I've seen is when I'm doing co-op and then only when it got really busy. Doesn't seem to be a big resource hog.
post #213 of 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post


I'm playing on integrated with all the settings maxed and have seen no problems. The only stutter I've seen is when I'm doing co-op and then only when it got really busy. Doesn't seem to be a big resource hog.

What kind of integrated? Im using intel hd3000, and I'm finding that turing on shadows at all makes it almost completely unplayable at a decent resolution. Most of the other settings don't seem to affect it much.

Either way I'm playing at 1024x640 to get a perfectly smooth framerate...still looks pretty damn good aside from some of the blockiness.
post #214 of 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

What kind of integrated? Im using intel hd3000, and I'm finding that turing on shadows at all makes it almost completely unplayable at a decent resolution. Most of the other settings don't seem to affect it much.

Either way I'm playing at 1024x640 to get a perfectly smooth framerate...still looks pretty damn good aside from some of the blockiness.

It's an Intel. Off the top of my head I don't know what exact one. PC gaming has been backburnered for me for a while. That is changing however as the new consoles are getting ready.
post #215 of 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

I'm playing on integrated with all the settings maxed and have seen no problems. The only stutter I've seen is when I'm doing co-op and then only when it got really busy. Doesn't seem to be a big resource hog.

Good to know, I will try it this evening.
post #216 of 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post


I'm playing on integrated with all the settings maxed and have seen no problems. The only stutter I've seen is when I'm doing co-op and then only when it got really busy. Doesn't seem to be a big resource hog.

You sure about that? If I try to play with an integrated card the game becomes unplayable at default settings. They have to be lowered. And I'm using an i7 2600K. You must a a mobile GPU in your lap top or something to be able to play it.

The game wasn't optimized for integrated cards to perform maxed out.
post #217 of 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

It kinda stinks you can't play one of the harder nodes right away.

None of the previous versions let you do that either.. Why would you expect this one to be any different? You gotta earn it son! lol...
post #218 of 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage Guy View Post

None of the previous versions let you do that either.. Why would you expect this one to be any different? You gotta earn it son! lol...

Wished it was different in those as well. I like starting off playing the game at a harder level 1st.
post #219 of 689
I hit level 25 just after making it to Act III. How many more hours do I have to go and what level would I be likely to finish at with my Normal run-through?

The game has definitely gotten pretty easy after taking advantage of what's available in the auction house, which is why I'm looking forward to my replay on Nightmare.
post #220 of 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpn75 View Post

I hit level 25 just after making it to Act III. How many more hours do I have to go and what level would I be likely to finish at with my Normal run-through?

The game has definitely gotten pretty easy after taking advantage of what's available in the auction house, which is why I'm looking forward to my replay on Nightmare.

It took me about 4 hours or so to go through act 3 and 4. I am at the boss of act 4 now...freaking ouch for a wizard. I need to toy with some builds to take him down, as what I typically use is proving brutally inefficient.
post #221 of 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlconner View Post

It took me about 4 hours or so to go through act 3 and 4. I am at the boss of act 4 now...freaking ouch for a wizard. I need to toy with some builds to take him down, as what I typically use is proving brutally inefficient.

Thanks Dustin! What level are you at currently? Have you looked for better gear through the AH or are you relying on what you find in-game?
post #222 of 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpn75 View Post

Thanks Dustin! What level are you at currently? Have you looked for better gear through the AH or are you relying on what you find in-game?

Mostly what I find in game, makes it more challenging, (a friend gave me 2 drops in the early 20's to help get me out of a rut). I do sell items on the AH as I cannot stand to salvage a yellow drop, (the incomming gold was put towards stash and smithing/Jeweler enhancements). I am currently level 30.
post #223 of 689
FYI, my Diablo 3 account was hacked...they took 120,000 gold. I haven't heard back from Blizzard yet. I quickly changed my password and added the authenticator.

I noticed a "recently played" co-op list that had me play with a quyunjiang. If you see Quyun, tell him to go F himself and block him. 2 other people were on my list...I talked to them and they were compromised by the same guy.
post #224 of 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

You sure about that? If I try to play with an integrated card the game becomes unplayable at default settings. They have to be lowered. And I'm using an i7 2600K. You must a a mobile GPU in your lap top or something to be able to play it.

The game wasn't optimized for integrated cards to perform maxed out.

My integrated intel graphics card on my new laptop provides very choppy framerates. Took a while to figure out that it was not using the Radeon 7470M. The 7470M is a moderate card, and plays the game fine. The only issues I seem to have are right after logging in for the first time, or if the servers are getting pounded. Blizz has some server side lag issues that affect frame rates and latency, but no fixes have gone in place yet. It is amazing the way the game plays at 4am as opposed to 10pm...

Dustin
post #225 of 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlconner View Post

My integrated intel graphics card on my new laptop provides very choppy framerates. Took a while to figure out that it was not using the Radeon 7470M. The 7470M is a moderate card, and plays the game fine. The only issues I seem to have are right after logging in for the first time, or if the servers are getting pounded. Blizz has some server side lag issues that affect frame rates and latency, but no fixes have gone in place yet. It is amazing the way the game plays at 4am as opposed to 10pm...

Dustin

I've noticed that the 1st 10 mins of the game play after logging in is almost always choppy. Goes away in time. Seems they have some fixin to do!
post #226 of 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfoolery_79 View Post

FYI, my Diablo 3 account was hacked...they took 120,000 gold. I haven't heard back from Blizzard yet. I quickly changed my password and added the authenticator.

I noticed a "recently played" co-op list that had me play with a quyunjiang. If you see Quyun, tell him to go F himself and block him. 2 other people were on my list...I talked to them and they were compromised by the same guy.

Exact reason I took advantage of the authentication.
post #227 of 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfoolery_79 View Post

FYI, my Diablo 3 account was hacked...they took 120,000 gold. I haven't heard back from Blizzard yet. I quickly changed my password and added the authenticator.

I noticed a "recently played" co-op list that had me play with a quyunjiang. If you see Quyun, tell him to go F himself and block him. 2 other people were on my list...I talked to them and they were compromised by the same guy.

How does that work? When you play with someone else don't they only see your battletag? To log in to your account they need your email address and password.
post #228 of 689
Easy PW?
post #229 of 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfoolery_79 View Post

FYI, my Diablo 3 account was hacked...they took 120,000 gold. I haven't heard back from Blizzard yet. I quickly changed my password and added the authenticator.

I noticed a "recently played" co-op list that had me play with a quyunjiang. If you see Quyun, tell him to go F himself and block him. 2 other people were on my list...I talked to them and they were compromised by the same guy.

Authenticators FTW. I already have one from WoW since I have a mil+ gold account.

It seems no matter how good people think they are at computer security, the chinese gold hackers seem to be one step ahead.
post #230 of 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

Easy PW?

That is probably part of it. But how do they get the email address?
post #231 of 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by sync View Post

That is probably part of it. But how do they get the email address?

Could have been from any one of the major security breaches last year, like Sony or Gawker.
post #232 of 689
I remember there being a way to see someones e-mail. Although I imagine this was all possible by him being a recent player. That has to be the trick.
post #233 of 689
I can almost guarantee it's from being a recently played player. My guess is he doesn't any of your log in info in the 1st place.

Has to be something with making or playing in public games. That's how I'd look into it.

That or there still is some way to see a PW. But still manage to get your e-mail and PW? Let alone 3 other players you've played with as well?

Makes it pretty clear that it has something to do with the fact that they have played with you.
post #234 of 689
I only played for a little bit (got to lvl 4), but I enjoyed myself. Not nearly as addictive as I was anticipating, at least so far (and that's a good thing). I like that I can do most everything with the mouse, because I'm still a newbie at this m/kb thing where gaming is concerned.
post #235 of 689
Oh it gets better! When I 1st started playing I was getting a little bummed out. Next thing you know I've found myself losing track of time.
post #236 of 689
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...blo-iii-hacks/

This article says quite a few people have been hacked, including some with authenticators.
post #237 of 689
I don't think an authentication would even matter with this kind of bug/hack.
post #238 of 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by sync View Post

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...blo-iii-hacks/

This article says quite a few people have been hacked, including some with authenticators.

Quote:


We've been taking the situation extremely seriously from the start, and have done everything possible to verify how and in what circumstances these compromises are occurring. Despite the claims and theories being made, we have yet to find any situations in which a person's account was not compromised through traditional means of someone else logging into their account through the use of their password. While the authenticator isn't a 100% guarantee of account security, we have yet to investigate a compromise report in which an authenticator was attached beforehand.


And is called totally bogus by Blizzard.

End of rumor. I swear, just due to it being Blizzard and Diablo III, people will try anything to take away from it, make it seem like it's terrible and Blizzard is bad.
post #239 of 689
Did I have an easy password? I didn't think so, but it certainly could have been stronger. Now it has capitals, symbols, numbers, etc.
post #240 of 689
My guess is that hackers were farming user/pw's during the beta and then just sitting on the information until it was valuable. People are much more suggestive to phishing attempts or to visiting sketchy websites while they excitedly wait for a beta key.

This section of time where the game is fresh and before the RMAH hits (making everyone and their dog a gold seller), is when gold has it's best sale value.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HTPC Gaming