or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Strike Back on Cinemax
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Strike Back on Cinemax - Page 9

post #241 of 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted View Post

Or like the Jihadi standing directly behind Leo when he was shot.
You're assuming Leo is really dead....I've got my suspicions that maybe it's another setup. Leo is a chameleon and I never trusted him. Wouldn't be surprised if the daughter is a fake and he's really the Big Bad operating in front of the Wizard of Oz (Al Zhuari) curtain.
post #242 of 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

You're assuming Leo is really dead....I've got my suspicions that maybe it's another setup. Leo is a chameleon and I never trusted him. Wouldn't be surprised if the daughter is a fake and he's really the Big Bad operating in front of the Wizard of Oz (Al Zhuari) curtain.

You truly have a devious mind, sir.cool.gif
post #243 of 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

You're assuming Leo is really dead....I've got my suspicions that maybe it's another setup. Leo is a chameleon and I never trusted him. Wouldn't be surprised if the daughter is a fake and he's really the Big Bad operating in front of the Wizard of Oz (Al Zhuari) curtain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted View Post

You truly have a devious mind, sir.cool.gif

As devious as Ron's post may make him look, he's not nearly as devious as Leo has shown himself to be. My first thought when I saw the video of Leo ostensibly being shot and killed, was to wonder whether the scene was, in the words George R.R. Martin has often used to describe a scam, a "Mummers Farce."
post #244 of 369
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

You're assuming Leo is really dead....I've got my suspicions that maybe it's another setup. Leo is a chameleon and I never trusted him. Wouldn't be surprised if the daughter is a fake and he's really the Big Bad operating in front of the Wizard of Oz (Al Zhuari) curtain.

I agree. He might not be dead, all an illusion.

Did not even think about the daughter being fake while he's the big boss eek.gif
post #245 of 369
Nice slant to the story line I hadn't even considered.Some well thought out writing on Leo's part in the show.
post #246 of 369
Thread Starter 
Can't wait for tonight's episode! biggrin.gif

I have a sports injury so I only exercised once this week. Shouldn't drink beer as that'll just make my stomach big rolleyes.gif
post #247 of 369
Thread Starter 
Amazing. I'll miss this show as next week is the season finale.

Banshee starts in 2 weeks? tongue.gif

One of you guys called it! Good job Ron Temple
post #248 of 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted View Post

Or like the Jihadi standing directly behind Leo when he was shot.
You're assuming Leo is really dead....I've got my suspicions that maybe it's another setup. Leo is a chameleon and I never trusted him. Wouldn't be surprised if the daughter is a fake and he's really the Big Bad operating in front of the Wizard of Oz (Al Zhuari) curtain.

Ding! The fake-out worked for me, but you saw through it. Congrats. As soon as they had the scene with a close-up of someone shaving, I knew you were right and I had just been taken! smile.gif The daughter seems to be legit though.

Boy, those two guys leave a lot of storm damage in their wake. They must have had a LOT of spare loaded clips on them. And I don't think that truck would have stopped that train, but so what. What exactly is the range of that helicopter? Oh, never mind. biggrin.gif
post #249 of 369
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post

As soon as they had the scene with a close-up of someone shaving, I knew you were right and I had just been taken! smile.gif

Agreed. I knew it was him too! biggrin.gif

Strike Back: Origins premiers on Cinemax on Friday, October 25. 2013 at 9:00 PM CST
http://www.cinemax.com/strike-back-origins/

That should hold us over for a few months biggrin.gif
post #250 of 369
Great episode last night. The action was great. I didn't see the ending coming, even though some of you did. Season finale next week.
post #251 of 369
Thread Starter 
Loving the Kim and Richmond due. Two bad ass women biggrin.gif

Did you guys see Richmond holding hands with Scott? Just friendly or something's going on? I think they're going to bone!! LOL

post #252 of 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

You're assuming Leo is really dead....I've got my suspicions that maybe it's another setup. Leo is a chameleon and I never trusted him. Wouldn't be surprised if the daughter is a fake and he's really the Big Bad operating in front of the Wizard of Oz (Al Zhuari) curtain.

Good call.
post #253 of 369
That episode had better stunts and set pieces than many action films. Fun series, didn't expect Leo to be alive, but my wife predicted he was the big bad.
They did a great job keeping you wondering all season....
post #254 of 369
I just finished catching up on this series, watched all 3 seasons back to back for the first time. I've found season 3 to be much less engaging than the first two, it seems pretty disjointed in comparison. But it's been better for the last few episodes.

Leo was foretold to be a very bad guy by the deceased team leader, but nobody paid attention. I'm amazed that nobody in an intelligence agency bothered to check the authenticity of the snuff video. It should have been pretty easy to tell it was faked.
post #255 of 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

I just finished catching up on this series, watched all 3 seasons back to back for the first time. I've found season 3 to be much less engaging than the first two, it seems pretty disjointed in comparison. But it's been better for the last few episodes.

Leo was foretold to be a very bad guy by the deceased team leader, but nobody paid attention. I'm amazed that nobody in an intelligence agency bothered to check the authenticity of the snuff video. It should have been pretty easy to tell it was faked.

You didn't watch the first season that was aired on the BBC? There's 4 seasons, the first was BBC only then the next 3 have been on Cinemax.
post #256 of 369
The BBC season 1 starts on Oct.25th on Cinemaxm already have the DVR set smile.gif
post #257 of 369
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopper810 View Post

The BBC season 1 starts on Oct.25th on Cinemaxm already have the DVR set smile.gif

Me too! Never seen any of that series
post #258 of 369
Well, I haven't watched last night's ep., but I guess my prediction was true. What I have done is watch S1 Cinemax through ep. 8. 7-8 of that season are my favorites. Scott and Stonebridge have totally bonded, they are in a wicked environment, but they are having the most fun of the entire series. I for one wish they had saved Col. Grant, Scott and she had hooked up in some weird leather nun bondage scenario (you could see it going there) and all the other chips fall into place. S2 and this one haven't reached those heights nearly, though the Scott/Stonebridge bromance is still strong. As much as I like Rhona Mitra, beautify compelling in various roles, they wasted her in this series. Amanda Mealing as Grant, a little worn around the edges, but still hot, was the one to keep Sec. 20 moving forward....especially if Scott was boning her. Anyway, I'll watch the last 2 eps of this season and enjoy them. There's been some good stuff in between, but that first season on Cinemax was the best.

I did see a bit more than 1 ep of the Brit season. Dropped out, it wasn't any fun...too serious.
post #259 of 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

Strike Back: Origins premiers on Cinemax on Friday, October 25. 2013 at 9:00 PM CST
http://www.cinemax.com/strike-back-origins/

That should hold us over for a few months biggrin.gif

Actually, it's only six episodes. If they continue one per week, it'll only be a month and a half. The "regular" Cinemax series is only ten episodes per year, and that's two and a half months.

I won't spoilerize this as it gives away nothing really, but from EPGUIDES:

• Season 1

1 1-01 05/May/10 Iraq - Part One
2 1-02 05/May/10 Iraq - Part Two
3 1-03 12/May/10 Zimbabwe - Part 1
4 1-04 12/May/10 Zimbabwe - Part 2
5 1-05 19/May/10 Afghanistan - Part 1
6 1-06 19/May/10 Afghanistan - Part 2
post #260 of 369
The cinematography on this show is top notch too. The city scapes etc are just magnificent in HD.
post #261 of 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post

As soon as they had the scene with a close-up of someone shaving, I knew you were right and I had just been taken! smile.gif

Agreed. I knew it was him too! biggrin.gif

Strike Back: Origins premiers on Cinemax on Friday, October 25. 2013 at 9:00 PM CST
http://www.cinemax.com/strike-back-origins/

That should hold us over for a few months biggrin.gif
Let's be clear. Strike Back: Origins is the original British series before Cinemax was involved, and was not all that well received. I haven't seen it, I plan to, but don't go in expecting the same redonculous level of sex and violence and polish the series now has.
post #262 of 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by balboa dave View Post

Let's be clear. Strike Back: Origins is the original British series before Cinemax was involved, and was not all that well received. I haven't seen it, I plan to, but don't go in expecting the same redonculous level of sex and violence and polish the series now has.
Strike Back: Origins didn't have the sex, but had as much action and drama as the current Strike Back show. It also had good production values, it was filmed in full HD, excellent cinematography , exotic locals (Iraq, Zimbabwe and Afghanistan) and first rate acting.... I wouldn't sell it short!
It's more like a Rambo type storyline with one guy (John Porter) who gets dropped in to the ass-end of nowhere with no support and a mission to complete. John Porter was just as bad-ass as Scott and Stonebridge. As a matter of fact- he was a little more believable in certain aspects.
I can almost guarantee that anyone who likes Strike Back will love the 6 BBC episodes (Strike Back: Origins) that started the franchise back in 2010.


CS=ITU601
John Porter (Richard Armitage) and Collinson (Andrew Lincoln)
Edited by replayrob - 10/14/13 at 7:40am
post #263 of 369
Thread Starter 
Very cool. I'm down!

Should we start a new thread? May be confusing to talk about the British series in the American thread. I'm OK with using the same thread if it doesn't bother anybody.
post #264 of 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

Strike Back: Origins didn't have the sex, but had as much action and drama as the current Strike Back show. It also had good production values, it was filmed in full HD, excellent cinematography , exotic locals (Iraq, Zimbabwe and Afghanistan) and first rate acting.... I wouldn't sell it short!
It's more like a Rambo type storyline with one guy (John Porter) who gets dropped in to the ass-end of nowhere with no support and a mission to complete. John Porter was just as bad-ass as Scott and Stonebridge. As a matter of fact- he was a little more believable in certain aspects.
I can almost guarantee that anyone who likes Strike Back will love the 6 BBC episodes (Strike Back: Origins) that started the franchise back in 2010.


CS=ITU601
John Porter (Richard Armitage) and Collinson (Andrew Lincoln)

I had about decided to skip Origins (Fall Season Overload DVR Time) .. but based on your post, I'm in ..
post #265 of 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

Very cool. I'm down!

Should we start a new thread? May be confusing to talk about the British series in the American thread. I'm OK with using the same thread if it doesn't bother anybody.

It's all the same. There is no difference between them. Cinemax season 1 is BBC season 2. The upcoming Cinemax prequel is BBC season 1 and it is very good.
post #266 of 369
I'm OK for keeping the same thread as I'm sure there will be back and forth comparisons made and will be easier to follow in one thread. Just sayin' . . .
post #267 of 369
Keep it in this thread, but hopefully we can keep the spoilers to the episodes as they air on Cinemax, as the series is already released as Chris Ryan's Strike Back.
post #268 of 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by balboa dave View Post

Let's be clear. Strike Back: Origins is the original British series before Cinemax was involved, and was not all that well received. I haven't seen it, I plan to, but don't go in expecting the same redonculous level of sex and violence and polish the series now has.
Strike Back: Origins didn't have the sex, but had as much action and drama as the current Strike Back show. It also had good production values, it was filmed in full HD, excellent cinematography , exotic locals (Iraq, Zimbabwe and Afghanistan) and first rate acting.... I wouldn't sell it short!
It's more like a Rambo type storyline with one guy (John Porter) who gets dropped in to the ass-end of nowhere with no support and a mission to complete. John Porter was just as bad-ass as Scott and Stonebridge. As a matter of fact- he was a little more believable in certain aspects.
I can almost guarantee that anyone who likes Strike Back will love the 6 BBC episodes (Strike Back: Origins) that started the franchise back in 2010.
I remembered this from a review that came out when the Cinemax series started, so I'll be very happy for that to be proved wrong.
post #269 of 369
Thread Starter 
Season finale tonight!! biggrin.gif

Can't I just leave work and enjoy my day? tongue.gif
post #270 of 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by balboa dave View Post

Keep it in this thread, but hopefully we can keep the spoilers to the episodes as they air on Cinemax, as the series is already released as Chris Ryan's Strike Back.
I think that the few of us who've seen the original 6 Strike Back episodes (featuring John Porter) can manage to contain ourselves biggrin.gif
At any rate- I'm positive that fans who've only seen the Cinemax Strike Back episodes (with Scott and Stonebridge) will appreciate the original first season.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Strike Back on Cinemax