or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Antiglare / Antireflective coating peeling on new Samsung plasma?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Antiglare / Antireflective coating peeling on new Samsung plasma? - Page 34

post #991 of 1203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee123 View Post

Hi I have had three replacement ps64d8000's due to peeling screens and my fourth tv is peeling now , I have been in touch with the store who have now said that the peeling is only a protection film used for transport and should be removed after delivery and samsung will be putting this on the forums, has anybody removed this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee123 View Post

Does anyone know where I can get some written information that the peeling is a screen filter and not just a plastic coating for transportation which has to be removed as I think they're trying to pull a fast one

Try reading through pgs. 10-15 or so. People have tried to peel it off, its the RBF. Don't let the store tell you otherwise.
post #992 of 1203
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDaniel View Post

panels are on back order with no ETA on when they will be shipping. I'm sure i've pissed enough people off at samsung to put my name last on this list but oh well.


I don't know what you did to get them upset.

My three month old 64D7000 started showing peeling in both upper corners. Friday night, August 12, I submitted a repair request using the Samsung web site. I received an automated e-mail confirmation with a ticket number almost instantly. At 8:35 AM Monday, August 15, I got a phone call from a local Panasonic/Samsung authorized repair center. The technician knew about the problem and said that he would order a replacement panel and the repair kit. A few hours later, I checked the Samsung site using the tracking system and it showed that repair parts indeed had been ordered.

After working hours this evening, very soon after my post (#987) in this thread, I got call from the tech who said that the panels are in back-order status but that Samsung will replace my TV if the parts are not shipped within 15 days of the tech's request for them. He said that that date is August 30. (I do expect, however, that Samsung may mean 15 working days and that will make it September 5.)

Maybe I got a good service company. No complaints here -- yet. It's been a smooth process so far.

Larry
post #993 of 1203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee123 View Post

Hi I have had three replacement ps64d8000's due to peeling screens and my fourth tv is peeling now , I have been in touch with the store who have now said that the peeling is only a protection film used for transport and should be removed after delivery and samsung will be putting this on the forums, has anybody removed this.

Do you have any idea how many have come to this thread with a similar story, "please read the thread". Thank you.
post #994 of 1203
My second service center has been pretty good much much better than the first one, my first ticket was logged on 7/22 but canceled by that service center because they didn't know how to swap the panel (they never called to tell me this). The second service center ordered parts and said they were on back order and I should check with samsung about the status of the parts and possibility of a replacement tv. That's where things went down hill fast. samsungs ECR center is a joke. I've never seen such bad customer service anywhere, I'll never buy a samsung product again. I call them daily now just to hear what they have to say (and F with them) I'd love to hear the 15 day replacement thing but I'm sure I've been red flagged. The on-line live chat people are even rude to me now.
post #995 of 1203
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryInRI View Post
I don't know what you did to get them upset.

My three month old 64D7000 started showing peeling in both upper corners. Friday night, August 12, I submitted a repair request using the Samsung web site. I received an automated e-mail confirmation with a ticket number almost instantly. At 8:35 AM Monday, August 15, I got a phone call from a local Panasonic/Samsung authorized repair center. The technician knew about the problem and said that he would order a replacement panel and the repair kit. A few hours later, I checked the Samsung site using the tracking system and it showed that repair parts indeed had been ordered.

After working hours this evening, very soon after my post (#987) in this thread, I got call from the tech who said that the panels are in back-order status but that Samsung will replace my TV if the parts are not shipped within 15 days of the tech's request for them. He said that that date is August 30. (I do expect, however, that Samsung may mean 15 working days and that will make it September 5.)

Maybe I got a good service company. No complaints here -- yet. It's been a smooth process so far.

Larry
My experience was almost exactly like this. I think the best thing to do is not call, but use their online warranty claim center. Its like auto-generated and you get service instantly from the local center.

My problem was the swap panel was defective, now on backorder, and they are issuing a refund instead.

That's cool but it appears that the back order is so severe now that no reputable online e-tailers I'd want to deal with have stock anymore (Paul's TV fulfilled by amazon just sold out). There is best buy, but I suspect they have such a huge inventory that knowing my luck I'd get an April build that's been sitting in their warehouses for months or some-such. The final scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark comes to mind.

Hopefully I can relay this to Samsung and they can delay the pickup/refund for a few weeks until the shortage ends and I get a new TV (for $1500 less than I originally paid).
post #996 of 1203
I've asked for a refund and have been denied. Same goes for the replacement. I'd LOVE a refund. I've asked for a manager or someone higher up then the phone answerer from the ECR department to call me but they never do. I want this tv and brand out of my life. But I'm stuck waiting for a replacment panel and not getting sh!t from samsung.
post #997 of 1203
I emailed my service center and they emailed me back in only a couple of hours. This is an epic step.
post #998 of 1203
Well, my outcome so far is pretty good.

The refund is submitted for approval and it should be a week or two for the TV to be picked up and my refund check issued.

In the meantime, I just ordered the same TV from Amazon at $1300 less than what I originally paid. Its fulfilled by Amazon so I have the 30-day policy and all that good stuff in case I don't like the build date, quality, etc, of the new.

Hopefully this comes to a happy and profitable ending!
post #999 of 1203
I emailed Richer Sounds hear in the UK regarding the peeling issue as im thinking off buying the 64D8000 this weekend but im worrieed about the peeling issue, hear is there response.

We have been informed the film is not actually any form of anti-glare as such, but is in fact a
protective transport film to prevent potential scratching/damage during transit and installation and is
to be removed once the screen is in situ. The current literature from Samsung neglected to mention this,
but it will do for further batches, and this is where the confusion lies. I hope this clarifies this for you.

I also phoned Samsung UK regarding this, well it was a forigner who answered and he said he has never heard off this problem with this TV. So annoyed when people dont own up and say yes were having problems but were working on it. Im going to phone the local service center which is just down the road from me and ask there view.

Does anyone no if Samsung are fixing these TV's in the UK with the plasic washer between the screen and bezzel or just replacing them.
post #1000 of 1203
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDaniel View Post

I emailed my service center and they emailed me back in only a couple of hours. This is an epic step.

Jeff: If you call the 800 Samsung number you should be assigned a customer advocate. This is the person you need to talk to about your experience.
post #1001 of 1203
pretty sure hell has frozen over. Call from samsung corp today saying they don't want me to wait for a panel replacement and will be swapping out my tv. sweet. Now I get to start this all over again with the replacement peels. At least it's something, although she did say they would call in 24-48 hours to schedule the pick up / drop off. So they can still not call. Yes I have ZERO faith in this company. have ordered a VT30 should be here by the end of the week.
post #1002 of 1203
Quote:
Originally Posted by agogley View Post

Jeff: If you call the 800 Samsung number you should be assigned a customer advocate. This is the person you need to talk to about your experience.

yes have done that. Have gotten even worse treatment from them. They act like I should feel lucky to have purchased such a product and how dare I submit a warranty claim. Have talked to a few different people in the Executive Customer Relations department (what a f'ing joke). Have asked for a manager to someone else to call me but no one ever does. Again ZERO faith in this company. My brother is getting the tv when it gets swapped hopefully I don't even have to power it up. lesson learned NO samsung ever.
post #1003 of 1203
I understand your pain, and it shouldn't have been so difficult, but at the end of the day they are doing a full TV swap. I think that's decent of them. I'd just follow up and confirm the swapped unit will have the O-ring fix in.
post #1004 of 1203
wow I guess I got lucky with this issue.

My D7000 no peeling and it's been over 2 months since I got this tv.

I've had a slew of other issues with previous tv's and thank goodness no issues thus far.

This peeling sounds like a nightmare
post #1005 of 1203
again hell has frozen over.

Second call: 10-14 days and a replacement will be here. 7 days and the trucking company will call to schedule delivery.

My brother will be happy his new tv will be here sooner rather than later. And I'll be even happier my house will be free of all samsung products.
post #1006 of 1203
Quote:
Originally Posted by sippelmc View Post

I understand your pain, and it shouldn't have been so difficult, but at the end of the day they are doing a full TV swap. I think that's decent of them. I'd just follow up and confirm the swapped unit will have the O-ring fix in.

nothing they've done is decent. this has been going on since 7/22 when the first service ticket was filed. I'm not going to comfirm anything it's my brothers issue when the replacement peels.
post #1007 of 1203
Went to BB last night to arrange for exchange, as my 64D7000 (delivered last Saturday) is peeling in both upper left and right hand corners. BB rep knew exactly what I was talking about.

BB is scheduled to deliver replacement 64D7000 and pick up the "old" one later this week.

Hopefully, the next one won't be a peeler. Otherwise, I may have to consider a different plasma.
post #1008 of 1203
So far so good for my 64D7000 that I got Monday. I've logged about 40 hrs now running nothing but Evangelo slides. How many hrs should I run the slides for before I actually watch the tv or play games on it?
post #1009 of 1203
Got the call yesterday that my new "parts" are in the service center and they need to schedule the swap date....this call came one day after getting a message that Samsung had the panels on backorder with no estimate fulfillment date and that I should call some special hotline to get more info...so I guess I'll be calling tomorrow to check and see if they actually have a huge box sitting there or if there was some communication.
post #1010 of 1203
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz23 View Post

I emailed Richer Sounds hear in the UK regarding the peeling issue as im thinking off buying the 64D8000 this weekend but im worrieed about the peeling issue, hear is there response.

We have been informed the film is not actually any form of anti-glare as such, but is in fact a
protective transport film to prevent potential scratching/damage during transit and installation and is
to be removed once the screen is in situ. The current literature from Samsung neglected to mention this,
but it will do for further batches, and this is where the confusion lies. I hope this clarifies this for you.

I also phoned Samsung UK regarding this, well it was a forigner who answered and he said he has never heard off this problem with this TV. So annoyed when people dont own up and say yes were having problems but were working on it. Im going to phone the local service center which is just down the road from me and ask there view.

Does anyone no if Samsung are fixing these TV's in the UK with the plasic washer between the screen and bezzel or just replacing them.

So if it starts to peel we can just peel it all off?
post #1011 of 1203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlai View Post

So far so good for my 64D7000 that I got Monday. I've logged about 40 hrs now running nothing but Evangelo slides. How many hrs should I run the slides for before I actually watch the tv or play games on it?

My understanding is that it is the cycle of hot/cold, expand/contract that presses the bezel on the film and causes the peeling, at least in part.

So I would during your burn-in turn it on and off every once and a while to simulate that. When I did my burn in I ran 24/7, and the peeling only showed until after normal use. But everyone's case is different.
post #1012 of 1203
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrayderz01 View Post

So if it starts to peel we can just peel it all off?

No that's totally false info! Read thread lol =)
post #1013 of 1203
another update email this time. replacement tv has been allocated. So I guess they've found one to ship.
post #1014 of 1203
Nice, I have my fingers crossed for your brother! =)

Are you waiting at all to get the panny in the meantime?
post #1015 of 1203
Quote:
Originally Posted by sippelmc View Post

Nice, I have my fingers crossed for your brother! =)

Are you waiting at all to get the panny in the meantime?

NO the 65VT30 will be delivered tomorrow. the samsung is now a gift to my older brother.
post #1016 of 1203
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryInRI View Post

I don't know what you did to get them upset.

My three month old 64D7000 started showing peeling in both upper corners. Friday night, August 12, I submitted a repair request using the Samsung web site. I received an automated e-mail confirmation with a ticket number almost instantly. At 8:35 AM Monday, August 15, I got a phone call from a local Panasonic/Samsung authorized repair center. The technician knew about the problem and said that he would order a replacement panel and the repair kit. A few hours later, I checked the Samsung site using the tracking system and it showed that repair parts indeed had been ordered.

After working hours this evening, very soon after my post (#987) in this thread, I got call from the tech who said that the panels are in back-order status but that Samsung will replace my TV if the parts are not shipped within 15 days of the tech's request for them. He said that that date is August 30. (I do expect, however, that Samsung may mean 15 working days and that will make it September 5.)

Maybe I got a good service company. No complaints here -- yet. It's been a smooth process so far.

Larry

Before yours started to peel, did you hear any popping sounds from the tv? I read the popping is most likely heat which results in contraction and expansion after you turn tv off. I wonder if the popping is related to the RBF loosening up.
post #1017 of 1203
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDaniel View Post

yes have done that. Have gotten even worse treatment from them. They act like I should feel lucky to have purchased such a product and how dare I submit a warranty claim. Have talked to a few different people in the Executive Customer Relations department (what a f'ing joke). Have asked for a manager to someone else to call me but no one ever does. Again ZERO faith in this company. My brother is getting the tv when it gets swapped hopefully I don't even have to power it up. lesson learned NO samsung ever.

That's odd. My experience was the opposite. I ran into a couple employees who weren't very helpful but there were others who really went out of their way.
post #1018 of 1203
I guess customer service is a roll of the dice. Although I rolled a lot with the same outcome. Never did I insult anyone or get heated I just wanted answers and a time line neither could be provided, by anyone numerous times. Then I wanted a full refund within 4 hours of saying the word refund a new tv was on order from samsung. A few hours later it was sourced.
post #1019 of 1203
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDaniel View Post

I guess customer service is a roll of the dice. Although I rolled a lot with the same outcome. Never did I insult anyone or get heated I just wanted answers and a time line neither could be provided, by anyone numerous times. Then I wanted a full refund within 4 hours of saying the word refund a new tv was on order from samsung. A few hours later it was sourced.


Then why did you get them upset?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDaniel View Post

panels are on back order with no ETA on when they will be shipping. I'm sure i've pissed enough people off at samsung to put my name last on this list but oh well.


Larry
post #1020 of 1203
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag.jase View Post

Before yours started to peel, did you hear any popping sounds from the tv? I read the popping is most likely heat which results in contraction and expansion after you turn tv off. I wonder if the popping is related to the RBF loosening up.


I had no popping.

Larry
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Antiglare / Antireflective coating peeling on new Samsung plasma?