or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Pioneer Blu-ray players 2011 - BDP-140/BDP-440/BDP-LX55/BDP-53FD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pioneer Blu-ray players 2011 - BDP-140/BDP-440/BDP-LX55/BDP-53FD - Page 48

post #1411 of 1810
How about damn BDP-440? It`s still the only 2011 Pio BDP without any FW update since its release...which has been some 10 months...it just sucks
post #1412 of 1810
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleholeho View Post

How about damn BDP-440? It`s still the only 2011 Pio BDP without any FW update since its release...which has been some 10 months...it just sucks

Because of that I sold my BDP-440 i buy BDP LX-55.
post #1413 of 1810
Do you experience any problem? If not, what's the purpose to update?
post #1414 of 1810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Of Snakes View Post

Hi
Cinavia not detected. Downgrade and FW change are possible

How did you test for the Cinavia in new firmware?
post #1415 of 1810
mrvistapro

Modified FW 4.0+ based on BDP-150 code and first one was with cinavia. After 20 min cinema playing with DTS_HD sound we saw Cinavia warning. On 1.17 cinema played without warning.
By the way - you always can downgrade FW
post #1416 of 1810
upgrades usually fix and sometime adds additional headaches...
post #1417 of 1810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Of Snakes View Post

mrvistapro
Modified FW 4.0+ based on BDP-150 code and first one was with cinavia. After 20 min cinema playing with DTS_HD sound we saw Cinavia warning. On 1.17 cinema played without warning.
By the way - you always can downgrade FW

Ace of Snakes,

Do you have any experience with other version of firmware? such as 1.01, 1.08 and 1.10? Is all without Cinavia?
post #1418 of 1810
mrvistapro

I don't have enough experience with official firmwares for BDP-140. Cinavia was detected only on modified firmware 4.0 (ported from BDP-150) and was removed on V4.01
post #1419 of 1810
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvistapro View Post

Ace of Snakes,
Do you have any experience with other version of firmware? such as 1.01, 1.08 and 1.10? Is all without Cinavia?
1.08 does not have. Also, i read in some pioneer webpage that they are planning to add cinavia ATM to boxes that are released earlier like 140.
post #1420 of 1810
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvistapro View Post

Do you experience any problem? If not, what's the purpose to update?

Are you asking this question to someone who owns a 440????
If that's the case then perhaps you should read the rest of this thread. About half of the messages report problems that apply to the 440 but the clowns at Pioneer have fixed only on the Elite model.
I suppose a working product is not a right for all Pioneer customers, only a privilege for the "Elite"...
post #1421 of 1810
Quote:
Originally Posted by videofreak64 View Post

Because of that I sold my BDP-440 i buy BDP LX-55.

So Pioneer sold you a defective product and you gave them more money buying another one.
Wow I am sure Pioneer loves this type of customers!
post #1422 of 1810
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyrome64 View Post

So Pioneer sold you a defective product and you gave them more money buying another one.
Wow I am sure Pioneer loves this type of customers!

So what can I do. All of my players last 10 years are Pioneer. I know the quality is not like before. I love them and I buy because of that. I am satisfied with the BDP-LX 55. The first one I buy when I saw in the shops i november 2011 and the prise was in Serbia for 440 about 280 euros. The Lx-55 is about 440 euros. Now I buy Bdp-Lx 55 for only 320 euros. I think it's a good prise. My old BDP 440 sold for 200 euros.
post #1423 of 1810
Hi,
is possible the downgrade FW for lx55??
Where is the original firmware download?
post #1424 of 1810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breniac View Post

Hi,
is possible the downgrade FW for lx55??
Where is the original firmware download?

I don't know. When I buy player he have already FW 3.18.
post #1425 of 1810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breniac View Post

Hi,
is possible the downgrade FW for lx55??
Where is the original firmware download?

What's the problem of your current FWK?
post #1426 of 1810
BDP-440 firmware upgrade
http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/support/software/BDP-440/index.html

Ver 2.19
Enhances BD-ROM playability
Enhances BD-R/RE playability
Enhances DVD-R/RW playability
Enhances CD-DA playability
Enhances SACD playability
Performance improvement
post #1427 of 1810
yup, just performed an update on my BDP-440, the remote is definitely more responsive and there is a track number on front display:)
let`s see the playback improvements...
post #1428 of 1810
What about the display of track number in the BDP-140 with the new firmware 1.17? Anyone confirm?
post #1429 of 1810
hello,
I still have the original firmware, the only thing I do not like are the edges colored in upscaling 576i to 1080p ..
But from what I read it seems that even in firmware 3.18 haven't been rectified.
I would not want the new firmware could reduce the multimedia capabilities of lx55 do not correct the color edges of upscaling to 1080p ..
post #1430 of 1810
Anyone can share your experience with new BDP-140 firmware? What do you spot the major different?
post #1431 of 1810
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleholeho View Post

yup, just performed an update on my BDP-440, the remote is definitely more responsive and there is a track number on front display:)
let`s see the playback improvements...

Updated mine last night. The units seems to have quicker response.
post #1432 of 1810
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleholeho View Post

yup, just performed an update on my BDP-440, the remote is definitely more responsive and there is a track number on front display:)
let`s see the playback improvements...

Have you tried to play FLAC files without renaming them?
post #1433 of 1810
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyrome64 View Post

Have you tried to play FLAC files without renaming them?

Well I have tried myself... I put a few files with extension .flac on a USB stick and guess what? The BDP-440 even with the new firmware will not find them.

This is really a farce. One year for a firmware update and it doesn't fix a problem that could be sorted changing one line of code.

Message to Pioneer: **** YOU!
post #1434 of 1810
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyrome64 View Post

Well I have tried myself... I put a few files with extension .flac on a USB stick and guess what? The BDP-440 even with the new firmware will not find them.
This is really a farce. One year for a firmware update and it doesn't fix a problem that could be sorted changing one line of code.
Message to Pioneer: **** YOU!

My BDP-440 plays flac files without a problem. Plays ape files as well biggrin.gif.

It is also fully region free for DVD's, I can change Blu-ray region on the fly with a simple 4 digit code, it plays BD isos's, BDMV folders, and DVD folders from usb media. All thanks to the 4.02 hacked chinese firmware made available to us by our russian friends above wink.gif. I am never going back to Pioneers crappy official firmware no matter how many "improvements" they promise.

Anyway if you don't want to use unofficial firmware for some reason, then you should consider returning the player and demanding your money back. When I bought the BDP-440 it was being marketed as fully compatible with the flac standard by Pioneer EU, and it's clear now that Pioneer has no intention of keeping their promise. Which means you have a legal right to demand your money back. These players have dropped in price since launch, and after you get your money back you can probably find the LX55 (which does fully support flac) for the same price as what you originally paid for the BDP-440.
post #1435 of 1810
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderMyWheels View Post

My BDP-440 plays flac files without a problem. Plays ape files as well biggrin.gif.
It is also fully region free for DVD's, I can change Blu-ray region on the fly with a simple 4 digit code, it plays BD isos's, BDMV folders, and DVD folders from usb media. All thanks to the 4.02 hacked chinese firmware made available to us by our russian friends above wink.gif. I am never going back to Pioneers crappy official firmware no matter how many "improvements" they promise.

Do these custom versions of the firmware come with source code? I am not too keen on the idea of having a BluRay player, which is almost a general purpose computer, connected to the internet and running software that, as far as I know, could turn it into a spambot or worse...

It's ridiculous that Pioneer customers need to resort to these means to have a product perform as described in the specifications.

Where is the Pioneer representative now? Busy creating more misleading marketing material? Why don't you show up now and explain why Pioneer fixed the FLAC bug for a different model but not for the 440?
post #1436 of 1810
Hi!

I'am from Hungary. Helping, custom 4.02 FW install in 140, subtitles displays the subtitles badly. No, é,á,ő,ö,ü,ú,í.
Please help! Thanks!

Sincerely!
mombullet
post #1437 of 1810
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderMyWheels View Post

My BDP-440 plays flac files without a problem. Plays ape files as well biggrin.gif.
It is also fully region free for DVD's, I can change Blu-ray region on the fly with a simple 4 digit code, it plays BD isos's, BDMV folders, and DVD folders from usb media. All thanks to the 4.02 hacked chinese firmware made available to us by our russian friends above wink.gif. I am never going back to Pioneers crappy official firmware no matter how many "improvements" they promise.
Anyway if you don't want to use unofficial firmware for some reason, then you should consider returning the player and demanding your money back. When I bought the BDP-440 it was being marketed as fully compatible with the flac standard by Pioneer EU, and it's clear now that Pioneer has no intention of keeping their promise. Which means you have a legal right to demand your money back. These players have dropped in price since launch, and after you get your money back you can probably find the LX55 (which does fully support flac) for the same price as what you originally paid for the BDP-440.

I don´t think non-playback of .flac files out of USB stick is kind of a big deal for me since I have all the .flac files stored in computer anyway and I can easily stream them via DLNA to either BDP-440 or better yet straight to my VSX-1121...also, DVD-multiregion is a matter of the hack remote I said about before, easily available for up to 10 GBP on eBay...
if the FW version you are referring to is really that good, where can we get it? and better yet, is it possible to downgrade to original Pio FW version, just in case?
post #1438 of 1810
You need UTF-8 subtitle file. You can convert it in Subtiltle Edit http://www.nikse.dk/SubtitleEdit/

I have cfw 4.02 but still problem with subtitles in mkv files or avi with any better sound than mp3 frown.gif
Any sugestions?
post #1439 of 1810
Quote:
Originally Posted by mombullet View Post

Hi!
I'am from Hungary. Helping, custom 4.02 FW install in 140, subtitles displays the subtitles badly. No, é,á,ő,ö,ü,ú,í.
Please help! Thanks!
Sincerely!
mombullet
Hi
Solution was found. just save your subtitles in UTF-16 (Big Endian).. in windows just open file with notepad and save it as unicode
in utf-8 some characters displayed as chinese
post #1440 of 1810
Hi!

Thank you! Good in UTF-8. I did not realise it the subtitles in a treatment, to change his size and his colour?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Players
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Pioneer Blu-ray players 2011 - BDP-140/BDP-440/BDP-LX55/BDP-53FD