Just wondering if anyone has installed and tested more features of this activation free firmware on the BDP-140
. I see some people have, but what is tested is not clear or scattered across multiple posts. If someone could update this thread with any verified results, it is much appreciated. TIA.
1. Is any remote 'button code' required for region free BD and DVD playback, or is this native in the code itself (ie just pop in and play)?
2. Do FLAC files play properly without renaming to .MP3?
3. Do BD and DVD ISO's play properly?
4. Is Cinavia disabled (it appears this was introduced in v1.17 update - can anyone confirm or deny Cinavia in 1.17?)
5. Do SACDs - stereo and multichannel - play properly via HDMI?
6. Do SACD ISOs play properly?
7. Any support for DVD-A?
8. Any additional comments on MKV playback (with or without DTS 5.1 and DTS-HD or other 7.1 channel formats)
9. Does the modified firmware need any default language reset? If so, on what screen? LOL cannot read Chinese/Mandarin!!
10. Is it correct to assume that the firmware needs to be renamed to BDP_140_SP.bin before attempting to install it?
Lastly - where can one find older official versions of Pioneer BDP-140 firmware (v1.08 and others)? It does not appear to be available on Pioneer's website.
Thanks!!!Edited by mpansare - 1/28/13 at 7:45am