or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Displays › TOSHIBA 55TL515U 55-inch Natural 3D 1080p
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TOSHIBA 55TL515U 55-inch Natural 3D 1080p - Page 3

post #61 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by tumtum101 View Post

I will be getting this TV in a couple days and have Black Ops on PS3, so I can look and see how to get 3D working and report back.

That would be great! Also if you have any other 3D ready games could you let me know about those too?

Very much appreciated.
post #62 of 343
Avatar.
post #63 of 343
Hi all,
Anyone know the best distance for viewing the 55" model? I have been trying to find info on the net, but i am having a bit of difficulty. I want a 55" but it would end up being about 10 feet from my lounge. Would that distance be okay?
Cheers, A
post #64 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajleske View Post

Hi all,
Anyone know the best distance for viewing the 55" model? I have been trying to find info on the net, but i am having a bit of difficulty. I want a 55" but it would end up being about 10 feet from my lounge. Would that distance be okay?
Cheers, A

At 10 feet it's gonna be perfect. I was considering a 55 at 8 feet, but changed my mind after going to the store and watching for 10 minutes. Prob going for 47 now at 8 feet.
post #65 of 343
Awesome thanks, I guess at the end of the day it will all come down to personal preference anyway.
post #66 of 343
Hopefully someone can address the firmware 3d 1080, so both eyes see 1080i that lg did on their tvs. Did this tv get it also?
post #67 of 343
I'm watching a 73" from 9 ft and it's awesome.

Accordind to the experts, for 2D you should be about 7 ft. 6 in. away, and for 3D, 5 ft. 7 in. away.

If you had a 65" it would be 8 ft. 10 in. for 2D, and 6 ft. 7 in. for 3D.

EDIT: Links
http://www.best-3dtvs.com/guides/bes...wing-distance/

OR

http://www.practical-home-theater-gu...-distance.html
post #68 of 343
Hey guys I'm in the same boat 9' or 10 feet..I had read larger showed the flaws and shortcomings of the technology more and sitting so close I thought I should down size to the 47" well went to see and compare and they had a 65" humongous lg panel on a vizio tv and with the bluray 3d it was gorgeous .... made the giant 55" look "small and the 47" look like a toy ..but the picture ws awesome even put in startrek, new one, dvs 480 still looked hidef 10' to 11' so I think I could swing 55"... the 65" would look like a drive in theatre.. can't get over something that huge having a good pic at 1/2. Resolution .. hey purell did lg do that doubling of 540? Where'd you source that info? I hope you' re right all passive 3d should if they can.. haven't decided what brand to go with or even the size for 100% sure. Want passive 3d tho.. enjoy and do post your review and oplnions of your tvs.. thanks._hey you think 65" is to much for 9' to 10'?
post #69 of 343
65" is not too small. It will look "normal" within a week.
post #70 of 343
Augerhandle cool .. l can't even imagine your picture. that was awesome in the store at 10' to 11" though. I hate to say out loud but I was kinda, a little bit, sorta thinkin it miht really, really be awesme cool like having the cinema in your room.. tell me more at least the ideas not insane you mentioned experts.. we, when ever possible should really listen to the xperts and those thr know..no regrets? ? That is a humongous size pretty close.. wow bet you love it!! Thanks
post #71 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmj21grams View Post

Augerhandle cool .. l can't even imagine your picture. that was awesome in the store at 10' to 11" though. I hate to say out loud but I was kinda, a little bit, sorta thinkin it miht really, really be awesme cool like having the cinema in your room.. tell me more at least the ideas not insane you mentioned experts.. we, when ever possible should really listen to the xperts and those thr know..no regrets? ? That is a humongous size pretty close.. wow bet you love it!! Thanks

Refresh this page, I edited my previous post with the links.

I have a 65" Mitsubishi DLP. I wish I'd bought a bigger one. I'm at my son's house now, and he has the 73". He wishes that he had the 82". These pictures seem massive at first, but shrink in about a week.
post #72 of 343
Thanks
post #73 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmj21grams View Post

Hey guys I'm in the same boat 9' or 10 feet..I had read larger showed the flaws and shortcomings of the technology more and sitting so close I thought I should down size to the 47" well went to see and compare and they had a 65" humongous lg panel on a vizio tv and with the bluray 3d it was gorgeous .... made the giant 55" look "small and the 47" look like a toy ..but the picture ws awesome even put in startrek, new one, dvs 480 still looked hidef 10' to 11' so I think I could swing 55"... the 65" would look like a drive in theatre.. can't get over something that huge having a good pic at 1/2. Resolution .. hey purell did lg do that doubling of 540? Where'd you source that info? I hope you' re right all passive 3d should if they can.. haven't decided what brand to go with or even the size for 100% sure. Want passive 3d tho.. enjoy and do post your review and oplnions of your tvs.. thanks._hey you think 65" is to much for 9' to 10'?

On the lg 5600 boards. They released a firmware for it. I read articles on it also. Just wondering if this Toshiba has done it or will do the same or they already do it. I was gonna get the 5600, but because of the lag I changed my mind. Now thinking about the Toshiba.
post #74 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by capspath83 View Post

Can someone explain how to get PS3 games work in 3d mode on the Toshiba 55tl515u?

I have recently purchased this tv and I am very happy with everything about it (went up from a 32") TV works great except when I try to play COD Black ops on PS3 or any other 3d capable game. I cannot seem to get the tv into 3d mode while playing games. I see that COD asks for Active shutter glasses and since this tv is passive only, how can I bypass this? Any information would be greatly appreciated as I would love to start gaming in 3d. I dont think its the PS3 because I put in a 3d blu ray disk and the tv automatically switches to 3d mode and has a crystal clear picture.

Can anyone please help me with this issue, I have been on the phone with Sony and Activision trying to solve this issue as well

Thanks for your time!

Kind Regards,

Fellow Toshiba owner.

i got the 55TL515U a couple weeks ago and it plays cod black ops in 3d just fine i didn't have to do anything just put the game in and the tv detected the 3d content. i have several PS3 3d games they all work great.
you did say a movie worked but did you double check to make sure your 3d settings are set to "on" on the PS3. also try toggling the 3d on and off in the game and see what happens.
post #75 of 343
Purell..thanks I will be wondering why, when they do updates they don't tell you. Wjat its for? Augerhandle .. like the way you think.. here mits got out a 92" ..id should that humongous picture would be nice but if l ever watch in the dark maybe the 55" nano would be nice.. the pics of tapioca were drop dead gorgeous. ??? Once you see the large and start dreamin its hard to convice to go smaller.
post #76 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by tec319 View Post


i got the 55TL515U a couple weeks ago and it plays cod black ops in 3d just fine i didn't have to do anything just put the game in and the tv detected the 3d content. i have several PS3 3d games they all work great.
you did say a movie worked but did you double check to make sure your 3d settings are set to "on" on the PS3. also try toggling the 3d on and off in the game and see what happens.

Thanks tec319,

I Am pretty sure the setting on the ps3 is on. I will double check. Cod will not let me toggle 3d because the option is blacked out since it asks for active shutter. I think it needs to detect a linked signal from active glasses. When I put the tv in 3G mode I am getting double images.
post #77 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by capspath83 View Post

Thanks tec319,

I Am pretty sure the setting on the ps3 is on. I will double check. Cod will not let me toggle 3d because the option is blacked out since it asks for active shutter. I think it needs to detect a linked signal from active glasses. When I put the tv in 3G mode I am getting double images.

also if it's not hook your PS3 directly to the HDMI on the tv not through a receiver can use a toslink or coaxial for sound if you have a reciver. My directv receiver wouldn't pass 3d through my Yamaha receiver.
post #78 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by tec319 View Post


also if it's not hook your PS3 directly to the HDMI on the tv not through a receiver can use a toslink or coaxial for sound if you have a reciver. My directv receiver wouldn't pass 3d through my Yamaha receiver.

Hi tec319,

Just got home and changed my display settings 3 times to make sure things were working right. I finally got the 3d warning disclaimer at the beginning of the game and the tv said that 3d content was located.. It looks AMAZING! Thanks everyone for all of the assistance with this!

Kind Regards
post #79 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by purell View Post

Hopefully someone can address the firmware 3d 1080, so both eyes see 1080i that lg did on their tvs. Did this tv get it also?

Not yet,but i hope it gets this firmware.
post #80 of 343
The screen on my 42TL515U sometimes flickers off & on throughout the day,does anyone else have this issue?
post #81 of 343
Do the people that own this TV still like it?

Any new issues with this TV ?
post #82 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancomycin View Post

Do the people that own this TV still like it?

Any new issues with this TV ?

I bought a new HDMI cable and so far no more screen flickering,and yes i like the tv just wish i would've waited a little longer as the price is dropping really fast.
post #83 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoejgde View Post

........ i would've waited a little longer as the price is dropping really fast.

Well, I don't know how much you bought yours for but I got mine at us-appliance.com and it costs only $1,347.00 including tax and shipping.

The problem with this low price is that I am worry that the Toshiba 55TL515U is of bad quality. I mostly agree with the old saying "you get what you pay for."

For my past two HDTVs, I paid over $4,000 each. I feel like I am buying a "toy TV" when I paid $1,347.00 for a 55" HDTV that is also a 3D TV. What I also worry is that the price of the 55" LG 55LW6500 is $700-$800 more than the Toshiba 55TL515U.

I will receive my Toshiba 55TL515U this Wednesday. I just hope that I will like it and will not be too disappointed by it.
post #84 of 343
Bought the 42TL515U in late May for $1,250.00 from QVC

Yea i definitely feel like i've been screwed
post #85 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancomycin View Post

Do the people that own this TV still like it?

Any new issues with this TV ?

I posted this in another thread but I figure those on the fence should hear it in the "main" thread as well.

I initially loved the TV as it was a large (to me), nicely lit screen and the contrast was amazing. The response seemed perfect, and no lag whatsoever, even in games. The only things that griped me were the 20 second delay in turning it on (possibly due to connecting to wi-fi, or I had a dud), and the choppiness of the software. It seemed rather "clunky" with the apps, and it didn't help that the apps were slow. The Netflix button worked about 70% of the time and it would work in different menus. A few times the Net TV button (where all the apps are stored) made the TV never respond (stuck on a black screen) so I just powered it off.

What really got me to return the unit was every 30 minutes, the screen would go black a few times for a nanosecond. Very annoying. My wife didn't notice it as much, but I love watching TV and I cringed every time it happened. Didn't matter what the source was (Netflix, DVD, Blu-Ray, OTA), it just kept happening. Not acceptable to me.
post #86 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by t60 View Post

What really got me to return the unit was every 30 minutes, the screen would go black a few times for a nanosecond. Very annoying. My wife didn't notice it as much, but I love watching TV and I cringed every time it happened. Didn't matter what the source was (Netflix, DVD, Blu-Ray, OTA), it just kept happening. Not acceptable to me.

I have the same issue.I only have a PS3 hooked up to mine so i thought something was wrong with my PS3,bought a new HDMI cable and didn't notice any blinking until a couple hours ago when i was using my PS3's web browser my tv screen just randomly started blinking sometimes 4 in a row,now i definitely know my PS3 isn't the issue and i'll have to call TOSHIBA
post #87 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by t60 View Post

I posted this in another thread but I figure those on the fence should hear it in the "main" thread as well.

I initially loved the TV as it was a large (to me), nicely lit screen and the contrast was amazing. The response seemed perfect, and no lag whatsoever, even in games. The only things that griped me were the 20 second delay in turning it on (possibly due to connecting to wi-fi, or I had a dud), and the choppiness of the software. It seemed rather "clunky" with the apps, and it didn't help that the apps were slow. The Netflix button worked about 70% of the time and it would work in different menus. A few times the Net TV button (where all the apps are stored) made the TV never respond (stuck on a black screen) so I just powered it off.

What really got me to return the unit was every 30 minutes, the screen would go black a few times for a nanosecond. Very annoying. My wife didn't notice it as much, but I love watching TV and I cringed every time it happened. Didn't matter what the source was (Netflix, DVD, Blu-Ray, OTA), it just kept happening. Not acceptable to me.

Thanks for the reply.

I will be receiving the Toshiba 55TL515U from US-Appliance.com tomorrow (Wednesday) and from what I read from your post and bigjoejgde's I already feel disappoint before I even receive the TV. Although you guys burst my bubble, I am glad to read your review of the TV so I will now look for the defects.


t60,

I read from the other post that you had an easy time returning this TV. Like you, I also got it from US-Appliance so I will be returning it if I encounter the same problem(s) as you did.
post #88 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoejgde View Post
I have the same issue.I only have a PS3 hooked up to mine so i thought something was wrong with my PS3,bought a new HDMI cable and didn't notice any blinking until a couple hours ago when i was using my PS3's web browser my tv screen just randomly started blinking sometimes 4 in a row,now i definitely know my PS3 isn't the issue and i'll have to call TOSHIBA
Yep, try it with a few other sources (e.g., Netflix, DVDs etc..) and you will be able to confirm whether or not this is an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancomycin View Post
Thanks for the reply.

I will be receiving the Toshiba 55TL515U from US-Appliance.com tomorrow (Wednesday) and from what I read from your post and bigjoejgde's I already feel disappoint before I even receive the TV. Although you guys burst my bubble, I am glad to read your review of the TV so I will now look for the defects.


t60,

I read from the other post that you had an easy time returning this TV. Like you, I also got it from US-Appliance so I will be returning it if I encounter the same problem(s) as you did.
Yeah it was pretty easy. They actually just picked it up an hour ago. I was 2 days away from the 30 day mark (from when the item arrived at my house) and I called them. It took a while to get someone (it was only 2-3 minutes, maybe I was just anxious) but they sent over the form that needed to be filled out and faxed/scanned to them. One thing to keep in mind is that it's a white glove pick-up as well, so no need to pack the box unless you don't want a couple of random people in your house for 20 minutes like I did.

I really wanted to love this TV, but the defects just weren't worth it in the end. It seems like something is wrong with the firmware. Seeing how they are going to get a few of these sent back to them, one would hope Toshiba gets an update to address the issues. It was a great value, just couldn't live with the flickering.
post #89 of 343
How many of you have IR swap problems, IR swap is when remotes commands are not executed on the first try. Will a firmware update fix this problem ?
post #90 of 343
does the 47 inch also have the same problem ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Displays › TOSHIBA 55TL515U 55-inch Natural 3D 1080p