Originally Posted by dbone1026
If I remember correctly the Star Wars Blu-rays actually has 3 forced subtitle tracks (one for the main movie and for commentary). Not sure if this is part of the issue you are seeing (I use Clown but rip for Folder Structure, so it may be treated different)
I rip to BluRay folder structure also, it's all the same.
Yes, some of the Star Wars titles have multiple forced subs for the commentary, but I ignore those. I don't care about extras and commentary, etc. I'm a meat & potatoes movie guy. I rip only the main HD title, the English HD audio track and the main English subtitle track. Nearly all titles have multiple English subtitle tracks so I do a quick "pre-rip" of the disk. I run the first stage of Clown (eac3to) to rip only the English subtitles to the Demux
folder then inspect/view the individual subtitle tracks. That way I can pick out the single main subtitle track for the full rip process. Clown_BD generated tracks for extracted forced subs (if they exist) are easily identified since they have "forced" appended to the track title. I can easily identify which track contains the forced subs.
When I've identified the main English subtitle track, I go back and run both stages of Clown_BD. This time when I get to the stream selection pop-up, I select the main HD title, the HD audio and the single English main subtitle track I identified in the pre-rip. If that main subtitle track contains forced subs, then they are extracted into a separate track during the first stage of the process and muxed in first in line. In that case the final .m2ts in the STREAM folder will contain 2 subtitle tracks: the main subtitle track I selected and a forced_sub track that Clown generated by extracting the forced subs from the main subtitle track.
There is the problem -- how to turn off the forced_sub extraction process so Clown_BD doesn't generate a separate forced_sub track during stage 1. The Star Wars disks already have the forced_subs extracted into a separate subtitle track and not embedded in the main subtitle track. When I do the rip, I select the main English subtitle track and
forced_sub track that is already there. I don't want Clown_BD to generate yet another forced_sub track which is just a duplicate of the one that is already there. That's the issue I'm facing now.
So the issue is simple: How to tell Clown_BD to not
to generate a separate forced_sub track during the first stage of processing.
I have a feeling I can edit the Clown_BD batch file to do this. Thankfully, it is a rare occurrence.