or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ripping Blu-Rays II - Page 163

post #4861 of 5693
what are you playing it back with?
post #4862 of 5693
Quote:
Originally Posted by janick View Post

I tried that but now it only has two speaker and not the 5.1. My receiver info has the audio input as HDMI 1, PCM 2.0ch.

20140120_111343.jpg 1715k .jpg file

Is that the input coming from your player/HTPC? Have you checked the file with MediaInfo to see what the source audio is? If the file (source) is 5.1 and your Onkyo still sees 2.0 then you have some settings wrong in the player/HTPC.
post #4863 of 5693
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifiaudio2 View Post

what are you playing it back with?

VLC on my laptop
post #4864 of 5693
Ok..yeah I was getting at the same thing Killroy was asking. Are you sure VLC is set up to bitstream the correct lossless audio output?
post #4865 of 5693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy View Post

Is that the input coming from your player/HTPC? Have you checked the file with MediaInfo to see what the source audio is? If the file (source) is 5.1 and your Onkyo still sees 2.0 then you have some settings wrong in the player/HTPC.

Yes, below is the mediainfo. So maybe i need to adjust VLC although I've gone through the setting and played around. I don't think i need to adjust my computer sound card, right?

Capture.JPG 95k .JPG file


Thanks for your assistance
post #4866 of 5693
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifiaudio2 View Post

Ok..yeah I was getting at the same thing Killroy was asking. Are you sure VLC is set up to bitstream the correct lossless audio output?

No, but i've played around with all the setting. Maybe i missed something but i would know it. Could you please recommend the next step. Thanks for the assistance.

Edit - i've also downloaded potplayer thinking that maybe VLC was set up incorrectly. Same results though
post #4867 of 5693
I have never used VLC for playback so I have no idea on settings. MPC-HC is pretty much the only PC playback app I use.
post #4868 of 5693
Yeah sorry... MPC - HC here too.
post #4869 of 5693
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DotJun View Post

I don't remember having a hard time with it. Either eac3to told me which sup files had forced in them or there were very small sized files in which case I'd know would be forced. When I have time I can go look again and see which one it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techmattr View Post

I don't remember anything tricky about StarWars subs. The thing about StarWars that confused people the most was the 80+ different angles.


As I mentioned earlier, I've had to reprocess about 1/3 of my collection because one of my servers died (so that's 3TB of movies). The complete Star Wars Saga is included. I processed Episode I today. If you leave Clown_BD to the standard forced subtitle setting, it will force three subtitles including the commentary tracks. You only want subtitle #41 which is the alien dialogue subtitles (the aliens are dialoging and you get English subtitles). So I had to reprocess and manually force only subtitle 41. And stupid me, I should have looked at the subtitle thread spreadsheet first. It clearly says there are three forced tracks and 41 is the one you want.
post #4870 of 5693
Where do you see Clown say #41? I don't see numbers.
post #4871 of 5693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy View Post

I have never used VLC for playback so I have no idea on settings. MPC-HC is pretty much the only PC playback app I use.

ok, i can switch. could you please advise on how to get DTS-HD with MPC-HC
post #4872 of 5693
Quote:
Originally Posted by janick View Post

ok, i can switch. could you please advise on how to get DTS-HD with MPC-HC

First post here has the best info so it's easier for me to just link it: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1357375/advanced-mpc-hc-setup-guide
post #4873 of 5693
Quote:
Originally Posted by janick View Post

I'm having problems playing my ripped movies with lossless sound. I've tried several rips using makemkv and anydvd. After i rip and then hook up my computer to my onkyo receiver through HDMI, my sound is Prologic 3. I realize prologic is a conversion codec so maybe i'm not selecting the correct audio during the initial rip but i don't see any other options. The video is 1080p but the audio stinks. An advise would be greatly appreciated
You need to set up your player to bitstream.
post #4874 of 5693
Quote:
Originally Posted by agogley View Post


As I mentioned earlier, I've had to reprocess about 1/3 of my collection because one of my servers died (so that's 3TB of movies). The complete Star Wars Saga is included. I processed Episode I today. If you leave Clown_BD to the standard forced subtitle setting, it will force three subtitles including the commentary tracks. You only want subtitle #41 which is the alien dialogue subtitles (the aliens are dialoging and you get English subtitles). So I had to reprocess and manually force only subtitle 41. And stupid me, I should have looked at the subtitle thread spreadsheet first. It clearly says there are three forced tracks and 41 is the one you want.
I don't use clown so I'm not aware of any issues involved with that. What I do is extract the English sup files from the m2ts using eac3to, then look at the resulting log file which will tell me if any of the files have forced tag on it. I then look to see if there are any really small sized files as those ones will be forced.
post #4875 of 5693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrehdd View Post

Anyone have luck with Avatar extended (getting the correct forced subs)?
Avatar has items flagged as forced inside the regular stream so pretty much every tool should recognize and put them into a separate stream. This will work with MakeMKV and Clown_BD. With DVDFab you can't mix forced and regular subs, so you'd only get the forced subs which might be enough for you.

@Janick
Switch to text view in Mediainfo, mark all the text and paste it here. No need for screenshots.
post #4876 of 5693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrehdd View Post

Late in the game here but I'll take a chance and ask -

Anyone have luck with Avatar extended (getting the correct forced subs)?

What I would like to accomplish is a final single m2ts file with
1) video stream
2) Lossless audio stream
3) forced sub (Navi language)

At my disposal -

AnyDVD HD
MakeMKV
ClownBD
TSmuxer
more...

Any help would be appreciated.

Like techflaws said, I also did not have any problems with Avatar (either theatrical or extended version) using eac3to (command line). The subs were embedded within the main sub track. Quick export of forced subs in BDSup2Sub and I have a forced only sub track.
post #4877 of 5693
I thought all of the Avatar forced subs were in their own track.

Bill
post #4878 of 5693
I think one version was on the other version they were in the main one. Don't ask me which one was which cause its been a very long time.
post #4879 of 5693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy View Post

I think one version was on the other version they were in the main one. Don't ask me which one was which cause its been a very long time.
confused.gif
post #4880 of 5693
It's not that hard to figure out. Using eac3to extract the English subs only and it will tell you which ones are forced or it will give you the small file that has them all. Takes all of 3-5 minutes.
post #4881 of 5693
I've bought the R2 version which has no separate forced track, dunno what regions they sell in the Ninth Circle of Hell though.
post #4882 of 5693
Quote:
Originally Posted by techflaws View Post

I've bought the R2 version which has no separate forced track, dunno what regions they sell in the Ninth Circle of Hell though.

Not sure where it came from but it's the extended version with English/French/Portuguese/Spanish audio tracks only. You can see the forced English track as the small second track.

Here are the subs listed:
Code:
Codec                           Language        Bitrate         Description     
-----                           --------        -------         -----------     
Presentation Graphics           English         31,198 kbps                     
Presentation Graphics           English         1,391 kbps                      
Presentation Graphics           Chinese         15,635 kbps                     
Presentation Graphics           Chinese         18,286 kbps                     
Presentation Graphics           French          1,417 kbps                      
Presentation Graphics           Portuguese      23,770 kbps                     
Presentation Graphics           Spanish         23,478 kbps                     
Presentation Graphics           Spanish         1,474 kbps                      
post #4883 of 5693
Does anybody know how to to prevent DVDfab from putting their watermark in the movie? I don't know what I've been doing different but my first 40 or so BR rips didn't have that annoying watermark. When I did the Avatar (41st rip) burn it threw the DVDfab logo watermark throughout the movie. I bought the $200 version so I shouldn't have to have that logo throughout my rips all of a sudden. Also, I how do I get DVDfab to pull the forced sub-titles in the Ironman 1 movie? All the parts where the Persian enemies were speaking Arabic are supposed to have the english sub-titles. For some reason, the sub-titles didn't show up in this movie. Thanks in advance.
post #4884 of 5693
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogbuehi View Post

Does anybody know how to to prevent DVDfab from putting their watermark in the movie? I don't know what I've been doing different but my first 40 or so BR rips didn't have that annoying watermark. When I did the Avatar (41st rip) burn it threw the DVDfab logo watermark throughout the movie. I bought the $200 version so I shouldn't have to have that logo throughout my rips all of a sudden. Also, I how do I get DVDfab to pull the forced sub-titles in the Ironman 1 movie? All the parts where the Persian enemies were speaking Arabic are supposed to have the english sub-titles. For some reason, the sub-titles didn't show up in this movie. Thanks in advance.
The watermark appears only if you are using the free trial and recoding the movie to shrink the size. If you paid for the license of the module you are using, you should not be getting the watermark. I will speculate that something has screwed up in your registration -- I see that reported occasionally on the DVD Fab support site. My suggestion is you go to the DVD Fab forum site and post your issue there. Their people monitor that site and someone will help you get your registration fixed.

As long as you have DVD Fab rip all the appropriate subtitles, the forced subs will be there as they were on the disk. Whether or not you see them is entirely a function of your player and not DVD Fab. So for Iron Man 1, if you include all the English subtitle tracks in your main-title rip, the rest is up to your player to support display of forced subs.
post #4885 of 5693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post

The watermark appears only if you are using the free trial and recoding the movie to shrink the size. If you paid for the license of the module you are using, you should not be getting the watermark. I will speculate that something has screwed up in your registration -- I see that reported occasionally on the DVD Fab support site. My suggestion is you go to the DVD Fab forum site and post your issue there. Their people monitor that site and someone will help you get your registration fixed.

As long as you have DVD Fab rip all the appropriate subtitles, the forced subs will be there as they were on the disk. Whether or not you see them is entirely a function of your player and not DVD Fab. So for Iron Man 1, if you include all the English subtitle tracks in your main-title rip, the rest is up to your player to support display of forced subs.

I'm an idiot. Upon closer inspection of the Avatar movie, it appears that it's not a BR and actually a DVD (even though the box is blue). So even though I paid for the BR ripping capabilities, you have to pay for the DVD ripping capabilities as well. That explains some other things I noticed about the rip. Good thing I already have a paid for DVD ripper program to use.

As for my player playing subs, I know its not my player because my other BR rips have forced subs that I have been able to play just fine on multiple players that I am using. It just seemed like there was supposed to be some extra button to click when I did my Ironman rip.
post #4886 of 5693
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifiaudio2 View Post

Where do you see Clown say #41? I don't see numbers.

When it gets to the screen where you can choose which subtitles to pick it will have the number. Also, after eac3to extracts them, the files will be numbered.
post #4887 of 5693
Thread Starter 
Question:

How many of you merge movies on multiple discs into a single file? I have mixed feeling about it. Having one 70 GB file makes me a bit uncomfortable, I don't know why, maybe an irrational fear of something getting screwed up(i.e, will it chew up extra bandwidth, will my server have suffer performance wise during the movie because the file is so large, etc.). Plus it's extra work (for example, in LOTR you have to lookup the edit times to cut of the end of the first disc). IF a movie takes up two discs, I figure I'm not going to watch it without stopping anyways...(I've never watched the extended edition of any of the LOTR movies in a single sitting).

What are you all doing? Are all of you merging or are some of you retaining the movies in two disc formats?
Edited by agogley - 1/23/14 at 9:07pm
post #4888 of 5693
I've merged LOTR some time ago with chapter info someone posted on Doom9 (I think). Works fine on my WDTV being the largest file yet (~75 GB).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy View Post

Not sure where it came from but it's the extended version with English/French/Portuguese/Spanish audio tracks only.
Now that you mention it, we discussed this quite some time ago and the R1 version had a much higher video bitrate too. So I guess, it's quite possible there are other differences in authoring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy View Post

You can see the forced English track as the small second track.
But the items inside are not forced? Otherwise Phrehdd shouldn't have had problems selecting them with all these tools he used...
Edited by techflaws - 1/23/14 at 9:53pm
post #4889 of 5693
Quote:
Originally Posted by techflaws View Post

But the items inside are not forced? Otherwise Phrehdd shouldn't have had problems selecting them with all these tools he used...

They are the forced subs but are not marked as such by eac3to (or any other app). When you open them in BDSup2Sub you can see they are only the Naavi language parts...and this also does not indicate "forced subs".
post #4890 of 5693
Quote:
Originally Posted by agogley View Post

Question:

How many of you merge movies on multiple discs into a single file? I have mixed feeling about it. Having one 70 GB file makes me a bit uncomfortable, I don't know why, maybe an irrational fear of something getting screwed up(i.e, will it chew up extra bandwidth, will my server have suffer performance wise during the movie because the file is so large, etc.). Plus it's extra work (for example, in LOTR you have to lookup the edit times to cut of the end of the first disc). IF a movie takes up two discs, I figure I'm not going to watch it without stopping anyways...(I've never watched the extended edition of any of the LOTR movies in a single sitting).

What are you all doing? Are all of you merging or are some of you retaining the movies in two disc formats?


I think I read somewhere that you can put parts one and two of a multi disc movie into the same folder and give the second MKV file an extension like .mk2 instead of .mkv and they will get played back to back. I have never tried it though, and could be confused. Perhaps someone can elaborate.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home