First the good new! (at last)
I received the 1.01 version code today and have tested it and the phantom centre problem is sorted - hurrah !
I tested using:
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - The Last Samurai (both DVD and Blu-Ray)
- Dolby Surround EX 6.1 - Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (DVD)
- DTS 5.1 - The Fifth Element (DVD and Blu-Ray)
- DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 - The Lord Of The Rings: Extended Editions (DVD)
- Dolby TrueHD 5.1 - The Matrix Trilogy (Blu-Ray)
- Dolby TrueHD 7.1 - Nightmare Before Xmas (Blu-Ray)
- DTS HD Master Audio 5.1 - Bourne Trilogy (Blu-Ray)
- DTS HD Master Audio 7.1 - Tron Legacy (Blu-Ray)
And they all perform flawlessly.
The bad news is that none of the other problems have been addressed, for example issue #2: matrixing 7.1.
What is *supposed* to happen is the application of either Dolby Pro Logic IIx (to Dolby encodings) or CES 7.1 (to everything else) produces a 7.1 channel result from (most commonly) a 2.0 or 5.1 source.
Only it still doesn't work
As far as I can tell the centre channel is completely missing still, and I'm not convinced the surround channels are at the right level either.
Nor are the various digital handshaking/locking onto signals problems resolved; but at least it's a step forward...
BTW, when it works, the 12 continues to sound amazing; I ended-up watching the last 20 minutes of 'LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring (Extended)' because the sound was so immersive and engaging. And that was on DVD...- can't wait for the Blu-Ray !
...'til next time - cheers !