or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › Latest Ceton InfiniTV 4 Info Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Latest Ceton InfiniTV 4 Info Thread - Page 104

post #3091 of 4745
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey75 View Post

Ops, I know I saw an image some where with a fan zip tied up around the card, maybe it was a different thread, anyway,here's an interesting thread, guy added heat sinks to his tuner card. I wasn't sure this could be done, but I think I'll give it a go.

http://experts.windows.com/frms/wind...px?PageIndex=4

ok last post on cooling, if the above mentioned solution is acceptable, then I'm thinking this may also be an option, it's a another stick on heat sink but with a fan.

http://www.akasa.com.tw/update.php?t...1&type=Cooling solutions&type_sub=System Cooling&model=AK-210

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BK7AV6/...cs_sce_3p_dp_1

I'm going to give this a try over the copper heat sinks mentioned above, I'm not digging the led fan, But I just bought a Silinex 40MM fan that I plan to swap out. I think it should just fit inside my case. They have a another simiilar product that's not quite as flashy, but they are not avalaible in the US, at least I was not able to locate any store selling it.

http://www.akasa.com.tw/update.php?t...1&type=Cooling solutions&type_sub=System Cooling&model=AK-VCX-01

apologize for the broken links, but there's a space in the URL so it's not showing up correctly. Just go to http://www.akasa.com.tw and look under system cooling.
post #3092 of 4745
i'll be taking the plate off, and adding my heatsink/FAN from my old ATI All in Wonder Radeon 9600XT, which is a lil longer than the plate on the Ceton card. using thin thermal pads and 2 of the mounting holes to secure it to the card, Direct to copper w/ active fan cooling.. Pow
post #3093 of 4745
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkateZilla View Post

i'll be taking the plate off, and adding my heatsink/FAN from my old ATI All in Wonder Radeon 9600XT, which is a lil longer than the plate on the Ceton card. using thin thermal pads and 2 of the mounting holes to secure it to the card, Direct to copper w/ active fan cooling.. Pow

Please post impression, result and pictures if you can.
post #3094 of 4745
I have an issue with my InifiniTV 4. I've got a normal Windows Media Center 7 box set up to my A/V receiver and then through to my TV.

Usually I watch Live TV (watching full screen) at night before bed. I then turn off my A/V receiver and TV, but leave my WMC machine running 24/7. SOMETIMES when I turn my equipment back on in the morning, the screen shows a "No TV turner found" message even though I was just watching Live TV the night before. Pulling up the Diagnostic Tool won't even find my hardware tuner.... it's like it's not even in the machine. It just stays on "Searching..."



Anyone know why this is happening and how to solve the problem? The only way to get WMC to detect the tuner after that message appears is by doing a reset of the box, which is VERY annoying and not wife-friendly.

I do have the latest firmware and drivers from Ceton.

Ethan
post #3095 of 4745
Any more progress on getting rid of the macroblocking / annoying line of pixels - it seemed like there was a lot of discussion about it a month or so ago and not much lately.

I was hoping Ceton would have made some progress on getting us a fix
post #3096 of 4745
I know I had to goto one of my friends house for s similar issue with blocks, aliasing and over contrasted image.

Problem was, one of his “buddies” went into AMDs Control panel and turned on all the hardware filters for color, noise reduction, mosquito noise reduction, sharpening etc….

Digital sources don’t need any of those on, like at all… dunno why they turned them on.

I also had to turn them off as AMDs drivers had them enabled by default when I finished building my system, it made HD-DVDs look like crapola, and DVDs even worse.
post #3097 of 4745
Ethanwa, with regard to your problem, how long do you wait? I have this happen once in a while too, and I just let the screen sit there and then live TV suddenly pops up. But it takes awhile -- like maybe a minute or a minute-and-a-half. I know that's a long time to wait, but it's still shorter than a reboot, because you still end up having to wait for the Ceton to initialize the tuners.
post #3098 of 4745
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanwa View Post

I have an issue with my InifiniTV 4. I've got a normal Windows Media Center 7 box set up to my A/V receiver and then through to my TV.

Usually I watch Live TV (watching full screen) at night before bed. I then turn off my A/V receiver and TV, but leave my WMC machine running 24/7. SOMETIMES when I turn my equipment back on in the morning, the screen shows a "No TV turner found" message even though I was just watching Live TV the night before. Pulling up the Diagnostic Tool won't even find my hardware tuner.... it's like it's not even in the machine. It just stays on "Searching..."



Anyone know why this is happening and how to solve the problem? The only way to get WMC to detect the tuner after that message appears is by doing a reset of the box, which is VERY annoying and not wife-friendly.

I do have the latest firmware and drivers from Ceton.

Ethan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccordm View Post

Ethanwa, with regard to your problem, how long do you wait? I have this happen once in a while too, and I just let the screen sit there and then live TV suddenly pops up. But it takes awhile -- like maybe a minute or a minute-and-a-half. I know that's a long time to wait, but it's still shorter than a reboot, because you still end up having to wait for the Ceton to initialize the tuners.

I have the same problem from time to time. I've noticed that a reboot definitely fixes the problem. I just got in on the Woot deal for the Homerun Prime, which I doubt has this problem because it's always on. I wonder if there is a setting buried in the Ceton software that would fix this problem.
post #3099 of 4745
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanwa View Post

I have an issue with my InifiniTV 4. I've got a normal Windows Media Center 7 box set up to my A/V receiver and then through to my TV.

Usually I watch Live TV (watching full screen) at night before bed. I then turn off my A/V receiver and TV, but leave my WMC machine running 24/7. SOMETIMES when I turn my equipment back on in the morning, the screen shows a "No TV turner found" message even though I was just watching Live TV the night before. Pulling up the Diagnostic Tool won't even find my hardware tuner.... it's like it's not even in the machine. It just stays on "Searching..."



Anyone know why this is happening and how to solve the problem? The only way to get WMC to detect the tuner after that message appears is by doing a reset of the box, which is VERY annoying and not wife-friendly.

I do have the latest firmware and drivers from Ceton.

Ethan

I went through 2 months of this same problem and spent countless hours trouble shooting and exchanging emails with Ceton (who provides the best customer service I've experienced in a long time btw). After trying all of the updated firmware packages and reinstalling/rebooting/changing out wiring and messing with the cable company, we finally had to do an RMA. The refurbished unit I received has now worked 3 weeks non-stop.
post #3100 of 4745
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUMoneyMan View Post

I went through 2 months of this same problem and spent countless hours trouble shooting and exchanging emails with Ceton (who provides the best customer service I've experienced in a long time btw). After trying all of the updated firmware packages and reinstalling/rebooting/changing out wiring and messing with the cable company, we finally had to do an RMA. The refurbished unit I received has now worked 3 weeks non-stop.

Thanks. I've opened a ticket with them and we'll get that process started.
post #3101 of 4745
Anyone know what causes channels to occasionally disappear ?

Cox, Phoenix ... my guide, starting today, goes from 1025 to 1028, omitting these two channels:

1026 = TNT HD
1027 = FX HD

The PC has the PCIe version of the Ceton installed with latest firmware. Also a tuning adapter with 1601 firmware.

A second machine of mine with a USB Ceton continues to show the channels, and they tune fine.

The channels are not even on the list in Media Center's "Edit Channels" screen, nor is the option to manually add a channel.

I've tried power cycling the tuning adapter, rebooting the PC, power cycling the PC, and forcing a media center guide download all with no success.

In the Ceton diagnotics it says channel maps received = 2 and number of channels = 329. Would clicking the "Clear Channel Map" button be a good or bad idea ? Any other ideas ? This is the second time this happened (with a different channel last time though). I believe the only way I could recover the channel last time was to re-run TV setup in Media Center. Wondering if anyone else encounters this and if there is a better solution ... ?

Thanks!
post #3102 of 4745
I'm getting a "Subscription Required" error. Time warner says everything is fine on their end. And the ceton diagnostic tool says everything is fine.

Any ideas guys? Tried everything. Rebooted pc multiple times, and the tuning adapter. Can't get any channels to work.
post #3103 of 4745
Quote:
Originally Posted by daidavel View Post

Anyone know what causes channels to occasionally disappear ?

Cox, Phoenix ... my guide, starting today, goes from 1025 to 1028, omitting these two channels:

1026 = TNT HD
1027 = FX HD

The PC has the PCIe version of the Ceton installed with latest firmware. Also a tuning adapter with 1601 firmware.

A second machine of mine with a USB Ceton continues to show the channels, and they tune fine.

The channels are not even on the list in Media Center's "Edit Channels" screen, nor is the option to manually add a channel.

I've tried power cycling the tuning adapter, rebooting the PC, power cycling the PC, and forcing a media center guide download all with no success.

In the Ceton diagnotics it says channel maps received = 2 and number of channels = 329. Would clicking the "Clear Channel Map" button be a good or bad idea ? Any other ideas ? This is the second time this happened (with a different channel last time though). I believe the only way I could recover the channel last time was to re-run TV setup in Media Center. Wondering if anyone else encounters this and if there is a better solution ... ?

Thanks!

If the guide doesn't even list the channel, you need to open a guide data ticket with MS at https://connect.microsoft.com/site1145/Feedback
post #3104 of 4745
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickotz View Post

If the guide doesn't even list the channel, you need to open a guide data ticket with MS at https://connect.microsoft.com/site1145/Feedback

Thanks for that link. Given that Zap2It is correct (ie the two channels aren't missing for my zip code and provider) and my other Media Center isn't showing the issue do you still think I should open a ticket there ? What are the repercussions of clicking the "Clear Channel Map" button ?
post #3105 of 4745
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 View Post

I'm getting a "Subscription Required" error. Time warner says everything is fine on their end. And the ceton diagnostic tool says everything is fine.

Any ideas guys? Tried everything. Rebooted pc multiple times, and the tuning adapter. Can't get any channels to work.

Go into TV Signal setup and see if Playready needs to be updated. When I get this message that's usually the problem. Hit update Playready and channels come back. Also noticed that Playready will not load/reload if extenders are connected to the WMC machine. You have to close out of any active extenders. Learned the hard way - way too many times and too many hours spent trying to trouble shoot.
post #3106 of 4745
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickotz View Post

If the guide doesn't even list the channel, you need to open a guide data ticket with MS at https://connect.microsoft.com/site1145/Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by daidavel View Post

Thanks for that link. Given that Zap2It is correct (ie the two channels aren't missing for my zip code and provider) and my other Media Center isn't showing the issue do you still think I should open a ticket there ? What are the repercussions of clicking the "Clear Channel Map" button ?

Both channels are showing in my WMC Guide in Phoenix - 85044

May be a coincidence, but Tribune Media / Zap2It has been playing swap network feeds in the last few months, with Cox AZ listings, swapping Pacific for East and back to Pacific. The latest two swaps made were FXPHD and TNTPHD. TiVo also uses Tribune Media listings, so both my devices were affected.
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...90#post9068990

Report Incorrect Channel/Lineup Information to Zap2it also:
http://www.zap2it.com/services/site/...9403.htmlstory
LL
post #3107 of 4745
Quote:
Originally Posted by edyohome View Post

Go into TV Signal setup and see if Playready needs to be updated. When I get this message that's usually the problem. Hit update Playready and channels come back. Also noticed that Playready will not load/reload if extenders are connected to the WMC machine. You have to close out of any active extenders. Learned the hard way - way too many times and too many hours spent trying to trouble shoot.

Thanks, there was no option to update it so I just uninstalled it all together and then updated it.

No go. Anyone else have any ideas? For the subscription required message. I have a truck roll scheduled for monday but I'm a little worried they wont be able to fix it. As they said everything is fine on there end.
post #3108 of 4745
I had to click update to play conan on tbs. The update worked fine then conan played fine. Why doesn't playready update work automatically?

Can the time be off a few minutes and playready still work? The internet time does not update sometimes and the clock is off a few minutes till update it myself.
post #3109 of 4745
Quote:
Originally Posted by daidavel View Post

Thanks for that link. Given that Zap2It is correct (ie the two channels aren't missing for my zip code and provider) and my other Media Center isn't showing the issue do you still think I should open a ticket there ? What are the repercussions of clicking the "Clear Channel Map" button ?

I would open the ticket with MS. Clearing the channel map has nothing to do with the guide lineup, and the channel map from your CableCARD does not impact this in any way. Hitting the clear button will cause the InfiniTV to forget it's cached copy of channel information, and will be unable to tune anything until it receives a new copy from the cable company (typically happens every few minutes)
post #3110 of 4745
Quote:
Originally Posted by tootal2 View Post

I had to click update to play conan on tbs. The update worked fine then conan played fine. Why doesn't playready update work automatically?

Can the time be off a few minutes and playready still work? The internet time does not update sometimes and the clock is off a few minutes till update it myself.

I have all kinds of issues with my time. I'll fire up MC sometimes and the clock will literally be off by hours, which generally means I've got recordings of random stuff and not what should be there. I've tried tweaking the MS Time Service, changing the Internet Time update location/server, and even swapping my mobo battery. I can't for the life of me figure out why this keeps happening but it's pretty freaking irritating!
post #3111 of 4745
Try this:

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/atomic-clock/

It is a syncing program for Windows 7.
post #3112 of 4745
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post

Try this:

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/atomic-clock/

It is a syncing program for Windows 7.

Thanks!

"Not compatible with 64-bit versions of Windows." Just FYI for anyone who might be looking to use this.
post #3113 of 4745
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreese831 View Post

Thanks!

"Not compatible with 64-bit versions of Windows." Just FYI for anyone who might be looking to use this.

Here's a solution that doesn't require installing any additional software and will work with all versions of Windows 7:

http://www.pretentiousname.com/timesync/index.html

It sets up a scheduled event that actually updates the time .
post #3114 of 4745
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 View Post

Thanks, there was no option to update it so I just uninstalled it all together and then updated it.

No go. Anyone else have any ideas? For the subscription required message. I have a truck roll scheduled for monday but I'm a little worried they wont be able to fix it. As they said everything is fine on there end.

No takers?
post #3115 of 4745
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 View Post

Thanks, there was no option to update it so I just uninstalled it all together and then updated it.

No go. Anyone else have any ideas? For the subscription required message. I have a truck roll scheduled for monday but I'm a little worried they wont be able to fix it. As they said everything is fine on there end.

what are your signal levels i was having issues with the subscription required messages. i was getting from about -7 through -9 and i was getting the message on a daily basis. i installed a signal amplifier on the main line coming into the house and haven't seen the message in a few weeks.
post #3116 of 4745
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post

Here's a solution that doesn't require installing any additional software and will work with all versions of Windows 7:

http://www.pretentiousname.com/timesync/index.html

It sets up a scheduled event that actually updates the time .

Thanks!

xnappo
post #3117 of 4745
Quote:
Originally Posted by drtdiver View Post

what are your signal levels i was having issues with the subscription required messages. i was getting from about -7 through -9 and i was getting the message on a daily basis. i installed a signal amplifier on the main line coming into the house and haven't seen the message in a few weeks.

I guess I'll have to check that but this is out of the blue and its on every channel. Can I even check the signal strength without being able to tune a channel?
post #3118 of 4745
I get this too with the USB version. It occurs every time I lose power and the computer reboots. The Media Center can never find the Tuner. If I unplug and replug the ceton's power adapter Media Center sees it. Frustrating
post #3119 of 4745
Quote:
Originally Posted by drtdiver View Post

what are your signal levels i was having issues with the subscription required messages. i was getting from about -7 through -9 and i was getting the message on a daily basis. i installed a signal amplifier on the main line coming into the house and haven't seen the message in a few weeks.

Which signal amplifier did you get and what is your signal level now?
post #3120 of 4745
You should buy a ups. then you wont have to worry about loseing power. sometimes power goes out here for 1 second and everything would restart. so i got everything on ups now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHuey View Post

I get this too with the USB version. It occurs every time I lose power and the computer reboots. The Media Center can never find the Tuner. If I unplug and replug the ceton's power adapter Media Center sees it. Frustrating
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Home Theater Computers
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › Latest Ceton InfiniTV 4 Info Thread