Has anyone ever had a CableCARD go bad? It looks like mine crapped out on me. I've seen the "Subscription Required" message before but usually a full shut down and cold boot fixes it, and if that doesn't do it running the PlayReady update does. Neither worked this time. I opened up the diagnostic tool and clicked the CableCARD tab.
I checked the device webpage. On the CableCARD tab it showed - Card Authorization: Card is busy with binding authentication process
I did a live chat help session with Verizon. I actually got someone who knew what a CableCARD was. I gave him all the details and he tried to remotely reset the CableCARD. That didn't get it going again. After refreshing the device webpage I got a new error in the Card Message block. It said "A technical problem is preventing you from receiving all cable services at this time. Please call your cable operator and report error code 161-11 to have this problem resolved." I did pull the card out and reinsert it so maybe I caused that one. My bad. I relayed the error message to the service rep anyway and he tried deactivating and reactivating the CableCARD again. That didn't work either so they are shipping out a new card by UPS with a return label for the old card. I hope that fixes it.