I have yet to see my InfiniTV4 USB stay up for more than 3 days without experiencing a channel conflict or subscription error no tuner avail error.. Typically when it fails it stays that way until the Infinitv4 is power cycled.
Things I have tried:
1. replace all cables with high quality cables.
2. have TWC tweak the 'intelligent' power tap in front of my house to produce signal strength in the +6 to +12 db (varies with freq) and SNR of +37 or +38db
3. Built three separate PC's to test it on..two of them were amd cpus w 790gx / fx chipsets and ATI 5850 / 6870 / 6950 VGAs one of them were intel i3 ib w z77 chipsets and no vga (use HD4000 IGPU)
4. RMA the usb infinitv4 with a preflashed replacement usb unit. 220.127.116.11 / HW 6298 (part of the action from an open ticket with ceton.. opened and have been actively working it since May of 2012.)
5. Using Win 7 sp1 and all recommended hotfixes for usb...
6. Have moved the TWC Cisco TA and USB onto their own separate usb2 controllers.
7. Opened ticket with Ceton support on May4th 2012 (after messing with it for a week on my own) Ticket is still open and worked weekly.
8. Turned off ALL updates.. both media center and win7 and in the ceton advanced diag options. Turned all power saving and usb selective suspend and other power saving / screen saver / monitor poweroff options off. PC runs all the time, no hibernation etc. (that helped a little but did not eliminate the issue)
9. swap out the TA with a replacement unit from TWC.
My 1 year purchase date comes due on April 7th. So far I've spent a few thousand dollars on the various components for these test platforms but still cannot get ANY of them to work with the infinity usb for more than a few days.. (then lose the tuners and have to power cycle.)
Ceton customer support has been working with me and to their credit, its gotten a bit more stable due to their efforts, but I'm looking for cablebox like reliability.. (did I really just say that!) Hell I'd be happy to see it run for a week. (so far the longest I've seen it go is about 4 days.. and thats only because I didn't use the media extender or the HTPC WMC ehshell.exe processes during that time. As soon as I started WMC ehshell.exe I got a channel error no tuner avail within 15 minutes. then had to power cycle the ceton.)
When the errors happen, the ceton diag cannot communicate to the infiniTV. Nor can I IP directly to the diag page. attempts to collect diags produce dumps that ceton says contain no useful info. (only way to get a full diag is to powercycle the ceton, and then the logs get reset.)
I just wanted to reach out to the other InfiniTV USB owners to see if I can compare notes.. (settings.. components.. drivers.. etc)
I just can't seem to build a system that allows the usb inifinitv to work reliably.
I just purchased a 4th set of components..
(Gigabyte z77x-ud3h / Intel IB i5-3570k)
I really like the ceton product. Its 99% good.. (except for tuner dropouts) I've tried harder than most folks to make it work.. But I've already went overboard building three systems (soon to be four) and still no joy.
I don't know what else ceton can do for me. I've even asked for specific hardware and driver recommendations but they refused to do that (and I understand why) .. so I've tried several times on my own.. two amd builds and one intel build so far.
Here's the latest Intel attempt:
CPU: i3-3225 / HD4000 igpu
MOBO: Asrock extreme4 z77
MEM: Patriot DDR3 - 1600 9-9-9-24 1t
PSU: Rosewill 750w
UPS: Cyperpower pure sine wave 810w
SSD: Intel 330 128GB
HDD: WD 1002FAEX 1TB
DVD: Pioneer 207MBK BDXL bluray burner
OS: win7 sp1
Monitors: Primary - Vizio 32" led 1080p (HDMI) Secondary- Acer 22" 1680 x 1050p (DVI)
Ceton infinitv4 usb / w Scientific Atlanta M-card
No VGA, NO Hauppauge, Just the OS and prescribed hotfixes.
No oc either.. I think I've met the min build requirements for hardware.
I have a dedicated work bench setup in the middle of my family room with bare bones builds scattered on the table. My room has been an infinitv QA lab since
So whats a guy to do to make the Infinitv4 USB work more than 3 days without a power cycle? Aside from the tuner drops its good. Is this as good as it can get on a usb model?
AMD_System1.txt 1k .txt file
AMD_System2.txt 1k .txt file
Edited by NCoastTweaker - 2/26/13 at 3:09pm