or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › JVC RS-50U Projector RS232c Commands
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JVC RS-50U Projector RS232c Commands

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
Does anyone mind sharing their RS232 command codes here? I have tried all i could think of to control it and i just can not seem to get it connected... I am using Visual Basic 6:
Code:
    MSComm.CommPort = 6
    MSComm.RThreshold = 1
    MSComm.Settings = "19200,N,8,1"
    MSComm.InputLen = 0
    MSComm.PortOpen = True
    MSComm.Output = Chr$(33) & Chr$(137) & Chr$(1) & Chr$(80) & Chr$(87) & Chr$(49) & Chr$(10)
The pages that tell about how to use the RS232 are here:





And help would be great!

David
post #2 of 9
My VB is a little rusty but are you waiting for the acknowledgement?

Code:
MSComm.CommPort = 6
MSComm.RThreshold = 1
MSComm.Settings = "19200,N,8,1"
MSComm.InputLen = 0
MSComm.PortOpen = True
MSComm.Output = Chr$(33) & Chr$(137) & Chr$(1) & Chr$(80) & Chr$(87) & Chr$(49) & Chr$(10)
Do
  DoEvents
Buffer$ = Buffer$ & MSComm.Input
Loop Until InStr(Buffer$, Chr$(06) & Chr$(137) & Chr$(1) & Chr$(80) & Chr$(87) & Chr$(10))
MSComm1.PortOpen = False
(Note that this will loop indefinitely until the ack for that command is received, so use it for debugging only or put a limit on it.)

Also, it looks like you are sending a Power ON command. Just as a sanity check, the projector isn't already on is it?
post #3 of 9
I've never tried VB but the character sequence you're using is one that works for me. Try a terminal emulator and see if that works.

Is it possible that the cable you're using is straight through rather than cross-over? Some devices need a straight through but the JVC requires a cross-over.

The RS-40/50/60 have a bug where certain commands (e.g. Power OFF) sometimes have to be sent twice before action is taken and acknowledged. I have never seen that happen with Power On, however.
post #4 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladd View Post
My VB is a little rusty but are you waiting for the acknowledgement?

Code:
MSComm.CommPort = 6
MSComm.RThreshold = 1
MSComm.Settings = "19200,N,8,1"
MSComm.InputLen = 0
MSComm.PortOpen = True
MSComm.Output = Chr$(33) & Chr$(137) & Chr$(1) & Chr$(80) & Chr$(87) & Chr$(49) & Chr$(10)
Do
  DoEvents
Buffer$ = Buffer$ & MSComm.Input
Loop Until InStr(Buffer$, Chr$(06) & Chr$(137) & Chr$(1) & Chr$(80) & Chr$(87) & Chr$(10))
MSComm1.PortOpen = False
(Note that this will loop indefinitely until the ack for that command is received, so use it for debugging only or put a limit on it.)

Also, it looks like you are sending a Power ON command. Just as a sanity check, the projector isn't already on is it?
I'm not sure if its sending anything back when i do that command or not. It seems to have a separate command to read data from the projector to the PC. And no, the projector is not on ha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonier View Post
I've never tried VB but the character sequence you're using is one that works for me. Try a terminal emulator and see if that works.

Is it possible that the cable you're using is straight through rather than cross-over? Some devices need a straight through but the JVC requires a cross-over.

The RS-40/50/60 have a bug where certain commands (e.g. Power OFF) sometimes have to be sent twice before action is taken and acknowledged. I have never seen that happen with Power On, however.
I do think its a straight through cable since the description says straight-through . Its this one here [http://www.cablestogo.com/product.as...2079&st=52079#] I have the same cable hooked up to my LG LED tv and it works just fine. But i seem to be having problems also with my Yamaha RX-A2000 A/V. Maybe the problem is also that it needs a cross-over as well? Is there anywhere i can buy a straight-through to crossover adapter? like so? [http://www.cablestogo.com/product.as...=106&sku=08075]
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRT View Post
I do think its a straight through cable since the description says straight-through .
That's your problem then. From the very first line of the PDF pages you posted:
Quote:
It is possible to control this machine, if it is connected by an RS232C cross cable
You need this: http://www.cablestogo.com/product.as...=106&sku=08075

LG uses a straight cable which is why it's working your TV.
post #6 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladd View Post
That's your problem then. From the very first line of the PDF pages you posted:

You need this: http://www.cablestogo.com/product.as...=106&sku=08075

LG uses a straight cable which is why it's working your TV.
Ah, must be it . I hope that goes the same for the Yahmaha A/V since i really cant find an "offical" manual that has the RS-232 commands for it. Blah.

David
post #7 of 9
Yamaha uses a crossover cable as well, or you can just send the command via the network.

Quote:
2 Connections

2.1 RS-232C

2.1.1 Connection
- DB-9 pin female terminal
- Using Inter-link (Cross) cable is assumed
- Actual contacts that are used for the communication are as shown below.

Slave (the Product) <---> Master (the Controller)
TxD (Pin 3)---->RxD (Pin 2)
RxD (Pin 2)<----TxD (Pin 3)
GND (Pin 5)<--->GND (Pin 5)

2.1.2 Port Settings
- Baud rate:9600
- Data bits:8
- Parity:No
- Stop bit:1 bit
- Handshaking:None

2.2 Ethernet

2.2.1 Connection
- RJ45 Network connector
- IEEE802.3 100BASE-TX/10BASE-T
- Full duplex communication

2.2.2 Port Settings
- Default network port number:50000/TCP
- Variable range:50000 to 65535
Full documentation attached.

 

YNCA_RS232_RXA_RXV.zip 306.2236328125k . file
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRT View Post

I'm not sure if its sending anything back when i do that command or not. It seems to have a separate command to read data from the projector to the PC. And no, the projector is not on ha.

If the projector is off it will send back a response when you issue the Power On command. (See the second example under "Communication Examples".) If it is on, however, there will be no response (to the Power ON command). This is one of the things that complicates things if if you're doing things like issuing multiple commands in quick succession. If you're just doing a few things, though, you can usually ignore the response.
post #9 of 9
Hi
can someone tell me how to put this JVC rs 232 code ’U1C’55H 31H 43H into Hex and in ASCII

Thanks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Home Theater Computers
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › JVC RS-50U Projector RS232c Commands