Originally Posted by Daye
when you first call up to get Signature Home Service do they ask stuff like
1. credit history an ask for ss number to do a credit check
2. if you have plasma tv's an if you answer no they hangup
3.can this still be available even thos it says no on the website but they have bundles advertising it at 200 bux a month and tv ad's for a whole month or longer
1) No, because there is no term for existing subs. I don't know if they do for new subs.
2) Can't comment, but they are eager to sign you up. However, with my ongoing ordeal I have found that the so called specially trained Personal Solutions Advisor's (PSA's) are no more informed than a regular clueless CSR - only that the hold time is less or non-existent. They still read from a script and are worthless beyond that.
3) Pricing is a whole other issue. I've tried to get specific pricing for breaking up package items and they a)either don't know b)make prices up or c) guess. I was interested in dumping Sig Home and going back into my old promo, but keeping Whole Home. The simple request of "What is that going to cost me?" Broke down into supervisor escalation and no clear answers as to how they would bill me for a DVR with Client.
Never got a call back on what there next step was and decided to try my own router. I tried to configure the modem as modem only (disabling the LAN and wireless) to no avail. The say they checked on their end and "Everything Is Fine" it is my router, which I know is bull. I continue to ask for a discount since they cannot provide me with the service I am paying for. So, far they issue them, but as I stated in an earlier post, I'm actively looking at alternatives to TWC.
Pretty sad that Sig Home was my tipping point. I'd really like to get this resolved and working with my network because the speed is nice. I can't fathom a non-tech savvy customer dealing with what I've been through. I would strongly caution any prospective Signature Home customers to consider the fact that (at least in my division) you are apparently bound by their issued equipment, which is crap.