or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › Lav Madvr guide??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lav Madvr guide?? - Page 16

post #451 of 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin View Post

I and one other member are working on this.

I haven't had much time lately and need to get my Nvidia card into my quad core desktop to do some testing. If someone else gets to it before me I would just say that it will likely be worth every penny.

Yes, I know. I have your guide. It is a good installation guide but it doesn't teach/explain how it works and what all the settings do. I'm sure you will get to that some day. I just copied your installation steps - but I want to understand all this codec/filter stuff.
So, for now, your guide is too simple and Renethx's is too complicated. So now I have copied/pasted alot of this thread and similar Renethx threads into my own "guide" (a collection of posts and setup advise) but I still have a lot of unanswered questions.
post #452 of 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryBumkin View Post

Yes, I know. I have your guide. It is a good installation guide but it doesn't teach/explain how it works and what all the settings do. I'm sure you will get to that some day. I just copied your installation steps - but I want to understand all this codec/filter stuff.
So, for now, your guide is too simple and Renethx's is too complicated. So now I have copied/pasted alot of this thread and similar Renethx threads into my own "guide" (a collection of posts and setup advise) but I still have a lot of unanswered questions.

Totally agree.

I will let you know when I get mine updated.
post #453 of 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark007 View Post

There is no such thing as "designed to be used with WMC" when discussing Directshow filters

When the Lav filters are ready for primetime distribution, the Shark007 releases will seamlessly allow their usage within the Winows players just like any other filter currently re-distributed with the Shark007 codecs.

I am anxiously awaiting the day you choose to integrate with Shark007! Shark makes life easy .
post #454 of 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by FantaXP7 View Post

I am anxiously awaiting the day you choose to integrate with Shark007! Shark makes life easy .

I am just curious what constitutes "ready" for prime time distribution?
post #455 of 581
@NewOrInsDukie

MakeMKV doesn't remove the pulldown in VC1 MKV's.
post #456 of 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post

@NewOrInsDukie

MakeMKV doesn't remove the pulldown in VC1 MKV's.

ugh.

Now I have to remember how I did it pre-makemkv in my mac pro (my HTPC's BR drive isn't HDDVD compatible).
post #457 of 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOrlnsDukie View Post

ugh.

Now I have to remember how I did it pre-makemkv in my mac pro (my HTPC's BR drive isn't HDDVD compatible).

Trust me I'm well aware of how much it sucks. But that is most likely the issue you're having.
post #458 of 581
I can't get WMC to use LAV Splitter for .mkv's. At least, I assume that's the problem. As it is, .mkv's aren't even displayed as playable videos in Media Center.

Graphstudio shows that LAV Splitter should be used for .mkv's, though I realize WMC may decide otherwise.

Any suggestions?
post #459 of 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post

Trust me I'm well aware of how much it sucks. But that is most likely the issue you're having.

Oh, it's definitely the problem, and I REALLY appreciate you pointing it out. The old .m2ts files I had made from the same HD DVD's (I think I had used AnyDVD and clown BD in Parallels, but not sure) play fine. The problem w/ those files, of course, is that none of them have DD+ or other HD audio formats included in the files, b/c I didn't have bitstream capability with any of the macs I use as HTPC's.

Ah well. Will have to slog back through all those discs. Good thing I didn't sell them.
post #460 of 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOrlnsDukie View Post

Oh, it's definitely the problem, and I REALLY appreciate you pointing it out. The old .m2ts files I had made from the same HD DVD's (I think I had used AnyDVD and clown BD in Parallels, but not sure) play fine. The problem w/ those files, of course, is that none of them have DD+ or other HD audio formats included in the files, b/c I didn't have bitstream capability with any of the macs I use as HTPC's.

Ah well. Will have to slog back through all those discs. Good thing I didn't sell them.

Yea, the reason I pointed it out is cause it's not something you would necessarily think of right off. But I had a pretty good feeling that's what the issue was. I'm glad you at least know what the problem is and can do something about it now. Good luck!
post #461 of 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah View Post

I can't get WMC to use LAV Splitter for .mkv's. At least, I assume that's the problem. As it is, .mkv's aren't even displayed as playable videos in Media Center.

Graphstudio shows that LAV Splitter should be used for .mkv's, though I realize WMC may decide otherwise.

Any suggestions?

1) Are you using MediaBrowser or the 'Movies' section in WMC? I had all kinds of problems with the 'Movies' section in WMC, and pretty much only use it w/ recorded movies. As long as your movies are appropriately tagged and named for Media Browser (through Media Center Master), you should be good to go w/ mkv playback via MB.

2) Once you get set up w/ the first step, LAV should show up on GraphStudio when you render an mkv. Once that happens, click on the LAV box, enable the bitstreaming for all the formats you want, and you'll be good to go.
post #462 of 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOrlnsDukie View Post

1) Are you using MediaBrowser or the 'Movies' section in WMC? I had all kinds of problems with the 'Movies' section in WMC, and pretty much only use it w/ recorded movies. As long as your movies are appropriately tagged and named for Media Browser (through Media Center Master), you should be good to go w/ mkv playback via MB.

This is just going through Pictures & Videos -> Video Library in WMC. I haven't used Media Browser as of yet. Would Media Browser be helpful for .mkv compatibility?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOrlnsDukie View Post

2) Once you get set up w/ the first step, LAV should show up on GraphStudio when you render an mkv. Once that happens, click on the LAV box, enable the bitstreaming for all the formats you want, and you'll be good to go.

The weird thing is, LAV doesn't show up in GraphStudio when rendering an .mkv, but clicking on the .mkv very clearly opens the LAV properties dialog.
post #463 of 581
Merging the following keys to the registry should fix it.

- v7-WMP11-MKV-MKA.reg for Windows 32-bit
- v7-WMP11-MKV-MKA-x64.reg for Windows 64-bit

(Copy the text in Notepad, save it as v7-WMP11-MKV-MKA.reg and double click it, etc.)

Or install Haali Media Splitter (to the same effect as above). Then re-install LAV Filters 0.29.

If you re-install LAV Filters, then LAV Source Splitter filter will be automatically used for MKV in WMC internal player. To use LAV Audio Decoder, you have to lower the merit value of ffdshow Audio Decoder. Read this post.

If you don't use Media Browser or My Movies, then "Movie Library" is the right place for movies.
post #464 of 581
Here is a free guide with pictures that I came across while browsing at another forum.
post #465 of 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairchild99 View Post
Here is a free guide with pictures that I came across while browsing at another forum.
Awesome! Thank you.

Ah, just read through it. It doesn't have much on madVR and Lav Cuvid... Oh well.
post #466 of 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrift View Post

Awesome! Thank you.

Ah, just read through it. It doesn't have much on madVR and Lav Cuvid... Oh well.

Here is another one. This one has alot of different setup options and talks a bit more about LAV CUVID and MadVR. The player they use in the guide is called PotPlayer. PotPlayer is an excellent player which I believe is built with similarities to KMP.
post #467 of 581
I don't know why some people act like solving problems of quantum mechanic.
Both developers have pretty clear instructions at their forums and very good read me files inside setup folders.
Install the .bat files and set mpc-hc 's output to madvr and set lav cuvid to prefer in external filters tab. If you want more advanced settings follow renethx instructions , here or in his guides.
post #468 of 581
Guys please help.

ALL i want' is smooth 24p playback through my ****ing POS HTPC.

I've wasted hours and hours reading and decided to give the MadVR + Lav filters a go and I've installed them correctly, but 24p playback still stutters every once in a while.

I tried Reclock but it doesn't really work if you use bitstream audio. Always get teh yellow tab and only green if I let Reclock do the audio but thats not what I want.

Is there anyway to get smooth 24p playback from .mkv files on an HTPC?

I have an Nvidia gt 430 and set my display refresh to 24hz and I tried 23hz custom but there is no way to choose 23.967 as a refresh rate in the Nvidia control panel.

Im using MPC HC

Someone help me before I end up killing myself
post #469 of 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by conan48 View Post
Guys please help.

ALL i want' is smooth 24p playback through my ****ing POS HTPC.

I've wasted hours and hours reading and decided to give the MadVR + Lav filters a go and I've installed them correctly, but 24p playback still stutters every once in a while.

I tried Reclock but it doesn't really work if you use bitstream audio. Always get teh yellow tab and only green if I let Reclock do the audio but thats not what I want.

Is there anyway to get smooth 24p playback from .mkv files on an HTPC?

I have an Nvidia gt 430 and set my display refresh to 24hz and I tried 23hz custom but there is no way to choose 23.967 as a refresh rate in the Nvidia control panel.

Im using MPC HC

Someone help me before I end up killing myself
Overclock your GT430 by 15 percent and try jRiver MC16 with Red October. I have a Video Processor between my PC and display.. my display is a DLP so it is a 60hz display. I can send 23.967 to the VP with little or no frame drops and the VP creates 60 frames out it.. or I can just let the set do the 23.97> 59.94HZ. The video processor does rock solid 24 fp to 60 fp or 23.x to 59.94.. no reclock. I haven't plugged the PC directly into the TV but I expect the result would be the same.
post #470 of 581
Anyone tried Lav Splitter + madVR with Zacate?

My current setup is Zacate on Windows 7 x64 SP1.
Frontend is WMC7 + MB (I use internal player, Shark's pack, ffdshow DXVA).

I've read entire thread, and if I've understood correctly, I will have to:
1. Install LAV splitter and audio decoder
2. Install madVR and MPC-HC
3. Install CyberLink Video Decoder (HAM) - because madVR doesn't work with DXVA
4. Configure MPC-HC as external player in MediaBrowser because WMP uses only it's internal renderer

Should that work? I'm afraid that Zacate lacks power for madVR.
I want to see some improvements in PQ.
HTPC is connected to 50" LG Plasma via Marantz SR 5004 receiver.

I even have xRite EyeOne Display 2 calibrator and have seen that madVR can use calibration data.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
post #471 of 581
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm actually sending a 24hz signal (I select 24hz as output in Nvidia Control panel) to a 24hz display.

Are most of you guys sending out a 60hz signal to your display? I find 24hz smoother when it's not stuttering or dropping frames. I don't have any audio/video sync issues. Just stuttering.
post #472 of 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin View Post

When I first started using LAV I had a lot of "beginner" type questions in regards to using it with WMC. I posted over at Doom9 but was largely ignored and insulted.

And what I have read regarding development between LAV and WMC hasn't been very optimistic.

So I tried to get more information on how to get this all to work together from a "beginnner's" point of view and haven't been successful. I am still working to get this done.

There are still some difficulties with LAV and some AVI files, unfortunately.

I installed Lav on top of Shark. Works great. Lav splitter, ffdshow dxva and lav audio for my mkv's.
post #473 of 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_Steb View Post

I installed Lav on top of Shark. Works great. Lav splitter, ffdshow dxva and lav audio for my mkv's.

How does that work? Shark says to remove all other codec applications. Care to share some details?

Also, what are you using for playback?
post #474 of 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtosic View Post

Anyone tried Lav Splitter + madVR with Zacate?

My current setup is Zacate on Windows 7 x64 SP1.
Frontend is WMC7 + MB (I use internal player, Shark's pack, ffdshow DXVA).

I've read entire thread, and if I've understood correctly, I will have to:
1. Install LAV splitter and audio decoder
2. Install madVR and MPC-HC
3. Install CyberLink Video Decoder (HAM) - because madVR doesn't work with DXVA
4. Configure MPC-HC as external player in MediaBrowser because WMP uses only it's internal renderer

Should that work? I'm afraid that Zacate lacks power for madVR.
I want to see some improvements in PQ.
HTPC is connected to 50" LG Plasma via Marantz SR 5004 receiver.

I even have xRite EyeOne Display 2 calibrator and have seen that madVR can use calibration data.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Yep, I tried.

And yep, the Zacate really lacks power
You won't get anything but a 2 FPS movie with madVR on Zacate :/

That's the reason why I choose to keep my Zacate as a NAS (it's perfect for this usage by the way), and build another machine as dedicated HTPC based on i3 2100 + GTS 450.

Note: the results with madVR on the Zacate where obtained using the IGP, I did not try with a dicrete GPU. Results would probably be lots better.
post #475 of 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Rock View Post
How does that work? Shark says to remove all other codec applications. Care to share some details?

Also, what are you using for playback?

I did the same thing last night but with k-lite. I installed k-lite removing all audio components, then installed lav codec on top. For some reason, i couldn't get ffdshow dxva to work without installing the entire 32 and 64 bit package of klite. i'm also using 7MC as my front end.

I'm running: haali splitter, ffdshow dxva video, lav audio spdif passthrough.

I tried it with the lav splitter instead of haali, but i didn't liked the GUI for controlling subtitles, i liked it better with haali and switched back.

As long as you install lav last, the installer will overwrite the system defaults.
post #476 of 581
Thanks for the thread all!

Perfect timing for me as I upgraded from a HD3200 to a HD4670 1Gb just yesterday, had it for 15$ from my brother as he upgraded to a passive HD5770.

Had wanted me some madVR goodness for a while but the HD3200 just lacked the power to be usable.
This is a much smoother and easier experience. Less hassles and less tweaking needed to get what I want and improved image all-in-one.

Got the resolution switching to work, reclock plays nice and ffdshow doesn't give hassles.
Though I got subtitles to work all quick and easy I noticed some videos with some more advanced subtitles all get the text crammed to the bottom and don't have the texts placed in their correct positions around the screen as they should be. (like some on the top and some at the bottom for Karaoke things in anime)
Though I'm unsure if it worked before but it hit me as highly unusual for that video in particular I tested. Others seem to work as they should.
Well either way it doesn't concern madVR or LAV directly.

Next step is the 3DLUT... though I would need to to that manually.. Or just be able to get a gamma correction manually with lots of points to fine tune it.
My old solution doesn't seem to want to work with madVR. It applies everywhere but the video now. Which was the main area I wanted it to work with >_>;
Damn I'm glad tearing/shredding and jerky motion are long gone now!

Last issue is to have the refresh rates actually go to the proper targets. There slightly off.(any easy way to have powerstrip come in here in the chain for auto changing?)
post #477 of 581
I'm trying to get Lav Splitter -> Cyberlink 11 Video Decoder (HAM) -> madVR to work, but I'm getting lots of dropped frames on 1080p content.
720p plays fine.

I have Zacate, and CPU usage is around 70-80% when I play 1080p content, so I'm not sure that problem is in CPU.

I have played all those files with WMC 7 + ffdshow DXVA without any problems (and with lower CPU usage, around 30%).

Can anyone has some guesses where is the problem?
I also get dropped frames when I choose EVR custom as renderer.

I have done the following (maybe it will be useful for someone trying similar setup).

1. Uninstalled Shark codecs
2. Uninstalled MPC-HC
3. Installed newest MPC-HC from http://www.xvidvideo.ru%2Fmedia-play...cinema-x86-x64
4. Installed LAV Splitter and decoder http://files.1f0.de/lavf/LAVFilters-0.29.exe
5. Installed madVR http://madshi.net/madVR.zip

6. registered CyberLink Video Decoder in C:\\Program Files (x86)\\CyberLink\\PowerDVD11\\Common\\VideoFilter
regsvr32 CLCvd.ax

7. Enabled Full RGB output in Catalyst drivers

8. MPC HC x86
a) disabled internal filters in mpc-hc for matroska and mpeg/ps/ts/pva
b) added external filters: Lav Source Splitter, Lav Splitter, Lav Audio Decoder, CyberLink VideoDecoder
c) configured Lav Audio to bitstream all formats
d) configured CyberLink Video Decoder to use HAM

9. MadVR configuration

Video levels 0-255
Chroma upscaling Catmull-Rom
Luma upscaling Softcubic@50 sharpness
Luma downscaling Softcubic@50 sharpness

GraphStudio says the following:
post #478 of 581
It would appear your CPU is actually overloaded. The Zacate is a dual core, isn't it? With a load of 70-80%, that could easily mean that one core is at 100%, and one at 50%, and that one core at 100% will be the limiting factor.

It could as well be that the Cyberlink HAM mode does not work on Zacate, because this CPU load is really high, and would be lower if its running hardware acceleration.
post #479 of 581
Yes, it's dual core, but both cores are on 70-80%.

When I go into properties of CyberLink Video Decoder during playback in MPC-HC, HAM is selected.

Is there another way to check that hardware acceleration is really working?
post #480 of 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtosic View Post

When I go into properties of CyberLink Video Decoder during playback in MPC-HC.

Try again and keep Ctrl key pressed. This way you'll see extended properties window. Check "software" or "bitstream". IMO, HAM is only matters for ATI video under win7. Also, make madVR's OSD (Ctrl+J) screenshot for affected video and post it here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Home Theater Computers
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › Lav Madvr guide??