or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Tech Talk › PC or 3DC-100s for my Samy DLP?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PC or 3DC-100s for my Samy DLP?

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Hi.
I have a Samsung 61" HL61A750..

My question is what is the difference between using a PC or the 3dc-100s? Is the 3D experience the same? I have a HTPC I use as it is. I'm wondering if I should get the 3dc-100s or just buy a Blu-Ray drive for my HTPC? I would only use the 3D for movies.

Thanks for any help..
post #2 of 10
Thread Starter 
I sure can use some advise..
post #3 of 10
I never went the PC route, so I went with the 3DA-1 adapter on my Sammy 6187s. Flashing the EDID is simple and the adapter alone only costs $100, well worth looking into that instead of getting that expensive 3DC-100s kit.

I can only give you my reasons:
With the adapter I could use the PS3. 3D movies are nice, but 3D gaming on the PS3 is incredible. I have comcast and TiVo HD, so I get a ton of 3D content on my set, but the adapter is necessary for the t/b or s-b-s formatted 3D content. My PC couldn't handle 3D output and its not close enough to my TV to be a decent option.

I imagine the 3D experience is the same, it is always based on the quality of the content. The PS3 plays 3D blu-rays as frame-sequential 1080p - it doesn't get any better than that. Comcast plays stuff SBS so the res is cut in half, result not so stellar.

If you only want to watch 3D movies then you are missing out on option #3 - the simplest and cheapest one: get a stand-alone blu-ray player that supports checkerboard output. There are a few brands that do this, then you don't need the 3dc-100s adapter. All you need is the player and a pair of ultra clear DLP Link glasses and you're all set.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMP-...dp/B003ZXE87A/
post #4 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels55 View Post

I never went the PC route, so I went with the 3DA-1 adapter on my Sammy 6187s. Flashing the EDID is simple and the adapter alone only costs $100, well worth looking into that instead of getting that expensive 3DC-100s kit.

I can only give you my reasons:
With the adapter I could use the PS3. 3D movies are nice, but 3D gaming on the PS3 is incredible. I have comcast and TiVo HD, so I get a ton of 3D content on my set, but the adapter is necessary for the t/b or s-b-s formatted 3D content. My PC couldn't handle 3D output and its not close enough to my TV to be a decent option.

I imagine the 3D experience is the same, it is always based on the quality of the content. The PS3 plays 3D blu-rays as frame-sequential 1080p - it doesn't get any better than that. Comcast plays stuff SBS so the res is cut in half, result not so stellar.

If you only want to watch 3D movies then you are missing out on option #3 - the simplest and cheapest one: get a stand-alone blu-ray player that supports checkerboard output. There are a few brands that do this, then you don't need the 3dc-100s adapter. All you need is the player and a pair of ultra clear DLP Link glasses and you're all set.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMP-...dp/B003ZXE87A/




Great thanks. Is there any other 3D blu-ray players that will work?
Also what glasses should I use for this TV?

Thanks again.
post #5 of 10
Thread Starter 
I ordered the Xpand X103
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain7 View Post

I ordered the Xpand X103

The X103s require an emitter! Best cancel and get the X102s.
post #7 of 10
Thread Starter 
To late man. I guess Ill have to return um..

I am really stumped on what blu-ray player to get.

What I need is one that will put out checkerboard and one that streams Netflix and DLNA. It has to play MKV, AVI, MP3's atlest. Seems all the Panasonics say they are DLNA but the reviews state they dont play AVI and mkv.

Thanks for any help..
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle View Post

The X103s require an emitter! Best cancel and get the X102s.

From http://www.xpand.me/products/universal-3d-glasses-x103/

Lens size2.2 diagonal (57mm)
3D Technology Active Shutter Glasses
Lens type LCD
Sync Method IR


From http://www.xpand.me/shop/dlp-link-gl...nk-3d-glasses/

DLP® Link Glasses (X102)

Glasses that utilize DLP®-Link communication without emitter
post #9 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle View Post

From http://www.xpand.me/products/universal-3d-glasses-x103/

Lens size2.2 diagonal (57mm)
3D Technology Active Shutter Glasses
Lens type LCD
Sync Method IR


From http://www.xpand.me/shop/dlp-link-gl...nk-3d-glasses/

DLP® Link Glasses (X102)

Glasses that utilize DLP®-Link communication without emitter

Thanks bro.. I did get the order canceled..
post #10 of 10
For the money the Ultra Clear DLP Link glasses are superior to the Xpand ones.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Tech Talk
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Tech Talk › PC or 3DC-100s for my Samy DLP?