or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › Jurassic Park trilogy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Jurassic Park trilogy - Page 67

post #1981 of 1995
Or maybe he screwed up. It happens.
post #1982 of 1995
In any case, I have a copy of the DTS DVD version on the way to my house. I'll attempt to make my own disc with the BD image and the DTS sound. Not sure if it will work, but I'll try.
post #1983 of 1995
Quote:
Originally Posted by eday_2010 View Post

In any case, I have a copy of the DTS DVD version on the way to my house. I'll attempt to make my own disc with the BD image and the DTS sound. Not sure if it will work, but I'll try.

It should of course be noted that the DVD has a lossy DTS track.
post #1984 of 1995
I am aware of that. I'll suffer with that to get a proper mixing.
post #1985 of 1995
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanddrews View Post

Or maybe he screwed up. It happens.

Well, JP had a faulty audio track in the first DTS release way back when, so maybe it's history repeating itself.
post #1986 of 1995
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post

Well, JP had a faulty audio track in the first DTS release way back when, so maybe it's history repeating itself.

Probably deliberate to have an excuse to dip again in future with a "Definitive Collectors Original Trilogy" edition.
post #1987 of 1995
At this point, I wonder what Universal will do with JP for 4K since it's right around the corner. Surely they must be doing something.
post #1988 of 1995
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post

At this point, I wonder what Universal will do with JP for 4K since it's right around the corner. Surely they must be doing something.

Upscales.
post #1989 of 1995
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post

At this point, I wonder what Universal will do with JP for 4K since it's right around the corner. Surely they must be doing something.

I have a feeling that's the reason they didn't do new masters for the Back To The Future films and JP. They're saving that 4K and a new anniversary.

Just guessing though. Maby not. It's not like they care about their catalogue titles anyway. The difference between them and WB is stark. Even Fox. The new Fox classics releases look better than any catalogue title Universal has put out. Have you seen Weird Science? Damn.
post #1990 of 1995
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post

That's why the DTS DVD is so prized. It has the original DTS mix from the theatre prints which also ended up on the DTS Laserdisc release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post

Well, JP had a faulty audio track in the first DTS release way back when, so maybe it's history repeating itself.

What was the faulty part of the track. I just gave a listen to the DTS DVD I got, and the damn t-rex roar is only coming from the center channel again. I assume I got the first release, and I assume there is no way to tell which copies have the faulty track?
post #1991 of 1995
It was just messed up LFE on the first run of the DTS discs. Practically non-existent.
post #1992 of 1995
If your copy feels like no bass its the first copy. The corrected version has thunderous bass in LFE. Very easy to tell. Its similar to the DTS LD.
post #1993 of 1995
So the t-rex roar at the end coming out of the center channel is like that on every version of the movie...that's disappointing.
post #1994 of 1995
So what's the word on the new JP Steelbook release coming on May 6, 2014? While it will probably just be the same filtered version we already have, I hope not. The price is better and I really like the artwork.

post #1995 of 1995
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanddrews View Post

So what's the word on the new JP Steelbook release coming on May 6, 2014? While it will probably just be the same filtered version we already have, I hope not. The price is better and I really like the artwork.

All of Universal's "comic book" SteelBooks are just repackagings. It will be the same old disc inside. There is zero chance of a remaster.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Software
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › Jurassic Park trilogy