or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The "OFFICIAL" Onkyo RC270, NR708,NR808, NR1008, NR5008, Integra 80.2 Failure Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The "OFFICIAL" Onkyo RC270, NR708,NR808, NR1008, NR5008, Integra 80.2 Failure Thread - Page 8

post #211 of 1694
Quote:
Originally Posted by lboyd8 View Post

Having the same problems posted here:
- bought the unit from accessories4less April 25.
- Installed and operating May 14
- light use (3-4 hrs week)
- 2 week vacation Jun 3 - 17
- Jun 18 turned on to watch Battle LA, unit became unresponsive to remote or panel buttons

Frustrated (as we all are) that resellers and manufacturer are not more supportive beyond, ship it back and we'll repair.

Was advised by reseller to ship it to 'regional' service center....hmmm Houston to Michigan, that's convenient.

Guess I'll ship it, replace it and sell it when it returns. No confidence in this unit or Onkyo at this point. Suggestions for replacement unit?

ANY Onkyo servicenter could repair these products. Call your local Onkyo/Integra dealer and if they do not have a servicenter in house, ask them where they send their product-there may be an non-listed, but authorized warranty center in your town.
post #212 of 1694
iboyd take a listen to the Anthem MRX series receivers.
post #213 of 1694
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanVoodo View Post

I had cancelled my 809 pre-order and gone with another brand. Was considering buying the Onkyo as a video processor. However my friend that did stick with his 809 pre-order is now (2 weeks later) having issues. Started with hdmi source flashing on and off, progressed to changing inputs on it's own, and last night while we were watching a sporting event it froze. No response from remote or front panel. Reset and was fine for 15-20 minutes then froze. Reset then again about 5 minutes later. Reset and then was fine for the rest of the evening.
15 day return window to retailer is now over so now time to deal with Onkyo. Blah.

Hi SpartanVoodo, don't blame you.

Wow, this problem appears to carry over to the newly release model.
post #214 of 1694
Spartan,
Thanks I need a 9.2 preamp/processor. Using Axioms with front wides.
I run 8 Crown XLSdc 1000 amps and a Paradigm sub1, will be adding a DefTech PF15TL as nearfield.
post #215 of 1694
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanl715 View Post

ANY Onkyo servicenter could repair these products. Call your local Onkyo/Integra dealer and if they do not have a servicenter in house, ask them where they send their product-there may be an non-listed, but authorized warranty center in your town.

True, but per Onkyo, you must send it to the regional center for repair. Period.

That's what they told me.

I dont' want it repaired. I want my money back and I want to run as far from Onkyo as I can. Never, ever again. If they won't, it's going back on my credit card and they can eat it.
post #216 of 1694
That is an inaccurate statement on their part. We are authorized for sales and service. You have purchased an Onkyo made product from an authorized dealer and we can, if we want to, service it and be reimbursed by Onkyo for that repair.
You can take it to ANY authorized Onkyo servicenter and have it repaired at no charge. But that choice is yours. AND, if the local servicenter feels it is worth the $60 reimbursement fee, they will accept it.
Hey, if u can get it refunded/exchanged ... more power to you.
post #217 of 1694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post

That's fast. I'm still waiting to get the dang mailing label from Onkyo. They sent it regular mail instead of emailing me one. Who does that any more?

Outlaw did the same thing for me when I had to send back a bad amp that had come off the line.

I knew what day the replacement amp was coming, and all I had to do was box up the lemon and slap the shipping label on it so the UPS delivery guy could take it away on the same dolly he used to bring me the replacement -- but I couldn't find the email with the shipping label PDF. Frantically, expecting the UPS guy any moment, I called Outlaw customer service, explained the situation, and they calmly told me they'd mailed it to me. It was sitting in my mailbox (which I only check twice a week or so, it's just junk mail most of the time). But for good measure, they emailed me a label when I asked them to.

Snail mail? In 2011?
post #218 of 1694
1. TX NR 808
2. April 2011
3. Hong Kong
4. Remote control button not working
5. < 2 months
6. Intermittent
7. Remote, Unit cycles randomly through input modes
8. Will contact Onkyo tomorrow after finding out I'm far from the only one with this problem!
post #219 of 1694
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanl715 View Post
That is an inaccurate statement on their part. We are authorized for sales and service. You have purchased an Onkyo made product from an authorized dealer and we can, if we want to, service it and be reimbursed by Onkyo for that repair.
You can take it to ANY authorized Onkyo servicenter and have it repaired at no charge. But that choice is yours. AND, if the local servicenter feels it is worth the $60 reimbursement fee, they will accept it.
Hey, if u can get it refunded/exchanged ... more power to you.
I called them again. They said you're wrong.
post #220 of 1694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post

I called them again. They said you're wrong.

That's odd them telling you this unless you purchased it from some 'questionable' dealer (AND I am not saying you did !) and they are trying to verify where the box is addressed from and to establish the correct serial number on the rear of the unit.
We have Onkyo/Integra/OPro sent to us from all over...primarily Tx to be repaired in and out of warranty...we would not repair the in-warranty units unless they reimbursed us.
Did you get a reps name ? Be glad to discuss this with them if you'd like me to....
post #221 of 1694
Quote:
Originally Posted by wired47b View Post

1. TX NR 808
2. April 2011
3. Hong Kong
4. Remote control button not working
5. < 2 months
6. Intermittent
7. Remote, Unit cycles randomly through input modes
8. Will contact Onkyo tomorrow after finding out I'm far from the only one with this problem!

Good luck with that. They (Onkyo) won't even respond to my e-mail (which mentioned the.... dum dum dum! suggestion of a wide reaching problem).
post #222 of 1694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post

I called them again. They said you're wrong.

Onkyo support asked me where i was and then gave me the number of a local repair facility. The Onkyo website also lists various dealers you can take it to.
post #223 of 1694
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoobydoo View Post

Onkyo support asked me where i was and then gave me the number of a local repair facility. The Onkyo website also lists various dealers you can take it to.

Same with me...I gave them my zip, and they gave me two authorized repair centers in my city. Not once did they ever mention anything about mailing back the unit.
post #224 of 1694
My story....

1. TX NR808
2. Dec 2010
3. Amazon.com
4. System started switching on/off on its own. Then cycling through A/V inputs.
5. 4-5 months
6. Intermittent at first, consistent later
7. Experiencing all 4 symptoms.
8. Sent unit twice for repairs to DTR in Denver. They claimed to have changed the front panel electronics. Problem still persists. Now so far its only the remote that doesn't work.
9. Problem re-appeared as soon as I opened it out of the box and plugged it in.

I am returning my unit to Amazon (if they will take it) or make it into an expensive science project.
post #225 of 1694
Thread Starter 
http://www.onkyousa.com/press_releases.cfm?id=215

at least they are coming out and admitting the problem.
post #226 of 1694
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteconcept View Post

http://www.onkyousa.com/press_releases.cfm?id=215

at least they are coming out and admitting the problem.

I have two of the effected receivers without any problem - yet.
So I like this part best: ***This issue will be handled for you even if you are out of warranty

Now I don't need to think about getting an extended warranty just for this issue.
post #227 of 1694
I have an unaffected (to date) model as well, so I totally agree that it is good news they will service all units.
post #228 of 1694
1- Model TX-NR808

2- Purchase Date 14/12/10
Hooked up late january.
3- Bought from Crutchfield (glad i did)

4- Symptoms.... had every symptom described.

5- First symptom appeared after 3 months of use

6- Locked up, could not get it to work, so it was unplugged and boxed
And a replacement marantz SR5005 was brought home.

Later found this thread (late may) called Crutchfield and they said they'll
take it back and sent me a 809, the 809 arrived today....Now i think i could sell it and stick with the marantz.

Top notch support from Crutchfield and.....

Low and crappy QC from Onkyo
post #229 of 1694
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteconcept View Post

http://www.onkyousa.com/press_releases.cfm?id=215

at least they are coming out and admitting the problem.

Finally. My 708 is getting serviced at ABL right now, hope they get the memos out.
post #230 of 1694
Here is an update to my status. I picked up my receiver (608) today. So far so good. The service rep told me that there was a 'crack' in the soldering at the remote IR unit. Depending on how heated the receiver got, the crack would most likely expand and make it lose contact. He basically resoldered that point and made sure all the other solders were ok too.

I will test it for a week and I guess I will know if this really solved the issue.


Quote:
Originally Posted by aske22 View Post

1. Model: Onkyo SR 608

2. Purchase Date or approximate date: March 2011

3. Place where purchased: Amazon

4. First symptom to appear: As of now, it randomly decides to respond to its remote controller. Some times it will refuse to power on till I manually press its receiver power button. Some times, it will power on by remote and not any other control. And here is the beauty: Sometimes, it will not respond to its own remote, but will respond to volume control button of a harmony 550 remote programmed to control it. Suddenly it will start working and suddenly it wont. However, manual controls by pressing buttons on the receiver always works.


5. How long after purchase until first symptom appeared? : Within a few weeks

6. Was the symptom consistent or intermittent?: Intermittent but very very frequent. I'd say it doesnt work more than it does.


7. Which symptom(s) (listed above) are you experiencing?: I've reported in item 4


8. If you have contacted Onkyo, and sent in your unit for repair, what where you told the problem is/was?: I am yet to contact them will do it tomorrow


9. If your unit was repaired did the problem come back, if so how long did it take to reappear?: NA

Maybe we can get some real answers from Onkyo and some real solutions.
post #231 of 1694
So we have to spend $50 plus dollars to have the unit shipped to a service rep to resolder a connection??
Crappy, Crappy QC Onkyo!!
We should not be responsible for shipping these units back!

I called the number in the service bulletin and was told to try a master reset, check the remote ID code and if either didn't work, to ship the unit to michigan for repair...

I loosing patience and faith with Onkyo...

Also wishing I would have purchased from Crutchfiled for a "hassle-free" return.
post #232 of 1694
Thread Starter 
no if you call with this issue it sounds like they are fessing up and sending people shipping labels. At least if you throw a bit of a fit when talking to them they will fairly easily give you a shipping label... even though their stupid asses send it by snail mail
post #233 of 1694
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornfree71 View Post

My story....

1. TX NR808
2. Dec 2010
3. Amazon.com
4. System started switching on/off on its own. Then cycling through A/V inputs.
5. 4-5 months
6. Intermittent at first, consistent later
7. Experiencing all 4 symptoms.
8. Sent unit twice for repairs to DTR in Denver. They claimed to have changed the front panel electronics. Problem still persists. Now so far its only the remote that doesn't work.
9. Problem re-appeared as soon as I opened it out of the box and plugged it in.

I am returning my unit to Amazon (if they will take it) or make it into an expensive science project.

Notice that they aren't mentioning the powering/on&off symptoms?
I think my remote has been messed up for quite some time now - and more recent the powering on by itself.
I should probably call them and send it in anyways, in response to the link.

http://www.onkyousa.com/press_releases.cfm?id=215
post #234 of 1694
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteconcept View Post

http://www.onkyousa.com/press_releases.cfm?id=215

at least they are coming out and admitting the problem.

They are only admitting one problem when there are multiple problems that have been replicated by a few owners.
post #235 of 1694
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteconcept View Post

http://www.onkyousa.com/press_releases.cfm?id=215

at least they are coming out and admitting the problem.

more than that - offering to fix it out of warranty too. huge. well done onkyo/integra!
post #236 of 1694
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron52 View Post

So we have to spend $50 plus dollars to have the unit shipped to a service rep to resolder a connection??
Crappy, Crappy QC Onkyo!!
We should not be responsible for shipping these units back!

I called the number in the service bulletin and was told to try a master reset, check the remote ID code and if either didn't work, to ship the unit to michigan for repair...

I loosing patience and faith with Onkyo...

Also wishing I would have purchased from Crutchfiled for a "hassle-free" return.

Take it to a local service center if one is really local.
post #237 of 1694
Quote:
Originally Posted by litew8 View Post

Notice that they aren't mentioning the powering/on&off symptoms?
I think my remote has been messed up for quite some time now - and more recent the powering on by itself.
I should probably call them and send it in anyways, in response to the link.

http://www.onkyousa.com/press_releases.cfm?id=215

it's the same issue, just different symptoms. see my post a few pages back.
post #238 of 1694
Automatic Continuous Change of Listening Modes and/or Remote Controller Commands are not accepted06/21/11 - Models: DTR-40.2, DTR-50.2, DTR-70.2, DTR-80.2, DHC-40.2, DHC-80.2

If your receiver of the above mentioned models experiences the following : Listening modes automatically change one after another. When this problem occurs most commands will not be accepted.

Please contact our Product Support Department at (800) 229-1687, option 3, to confirm that this issue exists in your receiver. If the issue exists you will be given further direction on how to have it serviced. ***This issue will be handled for you even if you are out of warranty (this only applies to US and Canada) .***
Integra has an equivalent press release to the Onkyo dated today. There is a link on the homepage.
Automatic Continuous Change of Listening Modes and/or Remote Controller Commands are not accepted
06/21/11 - Models: DTR-40.2, DTR-50.2, DTR-70.2, DTR-80.2, DHC-40.2, DHC-80.2
If your receiver of the above mentioned models experiences the following : Listening modes automatically change one after another. When this problem occurs most commands will not be accepted.
Please contact our Product Support Department at (800) 229-1687, option 3, to confirm that this issue exists in your receiver. If the issue exists you will be given further direction on how to have it serviced.
***This issue will be handled for you even if you are out of warranty (this only applies to US and Canada) .***
post #239 of 1694
Finally onkyo/integra is acknowledging the issue and making clear they are going to take care of those with it

This is good.

Hopefully we will read about fixed units in the conning weeks
post #240 of 1694
don't know if anyone else pointed this out, but the 709 was listed as affected...is this the first we have heard of such?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The "OFFICIAL" Onkyo RC270, NR708,NR808, NR1008, NR5008, Integra 80.2 Failure Thread