Originally Posted by HopefulFred
Does a wheel barrow fit through a standard door?
And when can we expect to see you haul all this sand? (It's been two weeks since you posted the progress on the soffits ::cracks whip:: )
Well, since you asked for it
I have been doing a little when I get a chance. First I cleaned up! It needed it badly. I also finished some odds and ends on the soffit framing by adding some blocking along the bottom to attach DW to, and I also finished the framing for the front soffit. I started adding some of the DW to the bottom as well. Once I finish with that, I'll be able to put in my can lights and start wiring those.
I added some of the final drywall to the bottom of my return vent as well. Sadly, it does not contain the noise
I've also added Linacoustic to the return vent. You'll notice I only added it to the top, and one side for most of the vent. I want to maintain as much cross-sectional area as possible, and I believe damping the two orthogonal faces should provide the desired effect. You can see at the bottom of the picture that the vent will open up into a large final chamber that will be around 6' x 3'. Again, hoping to slow everything down before it gets to the vent face. We'll see if you can still hear the noise from the duct at the diffusor once everything is buttoned up.
With the conclusion that the soffit won't contain the noise, I decided it's time to do some surgery on the dead vent. Here's a before shot from when I put it in
And here's the current state of things while I wait on my register boot.
I also had to cut a couple holes in my equipment room ceiling to relocate a conduit and add another. This was a brain fart on my part. I ran my conduit for my PJ to where I thought I was planning to put my equipment rack. Then I decided to move my rack.... D'oh! Not sure what I was thinking by leaving the second conduit out.
I may get a chance to work on the theater this weekend. If I do, I'll probably try to finish up the DW on the bottom of the soffits and start on my riser and stage. I'll have to get the riser roughed in, and all my wiring run in there before I can do my electrical inspection. Of course, there's still the issue of finalizing my lighting plan as well. I'm really leaning towards RA2 at this point, which means I'll need to sale my GE. I'm also waiting on some samples before I finalize the lighting in my soffits. I've got high hopes for that, but we'll just have to see how it works out.
And finally. I have to start on a plan for a hush box. It's been brought to my attention that if I'm going to try to use a 12' or larger screen, I'm going to have to turn the wick up on my PJ. Unfortunately, that means added fan noise as well.
I guess I should post progress more often so I don't end up with these epic posts