Believe it or not, and I'm still having trouble believing it myself, but I actually got the right hat channel last Thursday! I didn't take any pictures, so I didn't figure you guys would believe me anyway
This stuff is bright, shiny, and new. No rat poop or anything. It's even got the sticker from the manufacturer on it!
I have made a tiny bit of progress, and I was actually in the process of uploading the pics when I saw Fred had called me out
I know, likely story.
I finished adding clips around the bottom row of the room. I got to the door and had to tear out my temporary steps. I was a little unhappy about what I found. They didn't continue the plate under the stair landing, so I didn't have anything to run my channel on. Here's the first idea I had.
I decided I didn't like it even though it's not really holding much and it's going to be protected by the riser. There was a treated 2x6 in the temp steps that I tore out, so I cut it to length, and stuck it down there for a plate. I didn't nail it to the concrete, though. I just can't see renting a powder actuated gun just for three nails, and there's not room to get a drill in there to put in an anchor. I braced it with a couple short 2x's that I attached my clips to, though. Should be good (you can see it in the next couple pics). Then I added my threshold support. I started off with the GG and a piece of 3/4" ply. I didn't want to get out the GG caulking gun, so I found another calibrator applicator. Yeah, that's a piece of hat channel that I stepped on to flatten out one end.
I applied GG, attached my 3/4" ply, then I applied GG to a 2x4 and attached that. At this point I realized that my applicator was calibrated more in the 5 to 6 loads per sheet range. GG squeezed out everywhere, so I had to spend a bit scraping that up off of everything. I put some tape over the floor where it squeezed out there. Hopefully that will keep it off my shoes. The pic is blurry, but my clips are spaced better, and my bottom row now runs 3" off the floor like the SIM recommends.
Next thing on the list is to take down all the old channel on the ceiling, and put up the 25 ga! Pretty excited about it. Now I just have to find time