or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › GT750 Thread, HDMI 1.4 Capable
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GT750 Thread, HDMI 1.4 Capable - Page 6

post #151 of 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by robl45 View Post

if it is then dlp probably work nicely except for the fact that bright light will cause loss of sync, and thats a problem when you have a wife that keeps turning the lights on.

How long does it take to regain sync and what is involved?

I found this over in 3d tech talk.

Also looking for reviews of the 750 I came across Optoma Licenses Bit Cauldron Technology for New Optoma 3D-RF Glasses

" glasses from other manufacturers that also incorporate Bit Cauldron technology will change their behavior to match to the Optoma projector. Up to one thousand pairs of glasses can be simultaneously synchronized to one projector, even with another similar configuration in a nearby area."

"the glasses are capable of operating at any refresh rate from 50 to 240 Hz to support potential future increases in refresh rates and international standards. the Optoma 3D-RF glasses incorporate software from Bit Cauldron Corporation which is also designed to be field upgradeable to the upcoming ZigBee 3D Sync Standard for 3D glasses."

"the 3D-RF glasses also have some of the largest lenses in the industry so that they can fit over a variety of faces, even if the user is wearing them over prescription eyeglasses. the new glasses are fully rechargeable with an ordinary Micro USB cable and they can perform over 60 hours of operation with each charge."
post #152 of 619
dlp should regain sync almost immediately, but may have no sync at all if there are lights on or there is sun coming into the room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Ale View Post

How long does it take to regain sync and what is involved?

I found this over in 3d tech talk.

Also looking for reviews of the 750 I came across Optoma Licenses Bit Cauldron Technology for New Optoma 3D-RF Glasses

" glasses from other manufacturers that also incorporate Bit Cauldron technology will change their behavior to match to the Optoma projector. Up to one thousand pairs of glasses can be simultaneously synchronized to one projector, even with another similar configuration in a nearby area."

"the glasses are capable of operating at any refresh rate from 50 to 240 Hz to support potential future increases in refresh rates and international standards. the Optoma 3D-RF glasses incorporate software from Bit Cauldron Corporation which is also designed to be field upgradeable to the upcoming ZigBee 3D Sync Standard for 3D glasses."

"the 3D-RF glasses also have some of the largest lenses in the industry so that they can fit over a variety of faces, even if the user is wearing them over prescription eyeglasses. the new glasses are fully rechargeable with an ordinary Micro USB cable and they can perform over 60 hours of operation with each charge."
post #153 of 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by robl45 View Post

dlp should regain sync almost immediately, but may have no sync at all if there are lights on or there is sun coming into the room.

Well, if you have lights on the sun comes into the room - the image is far from optimal anyway - and I don't watch my pj like that.

This kind of signal corruption isreally no different from IR glasses having problems with remote (or the other way round) or RF glasses having problem with other RF eqipment (phones, routers etc). We haven't heard too much of the latter because they are new and not too many people have them yet.
post #154 of 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by evnow View Post

Well, if you have lights on the sun comes into the room - the image is far from optimal anyway - and I don't watch my pj like that.

This kind of signal corruption isreally no different from IR glasses having problems with remote (or the other way round) or RF glasses having problem with other RF eqipment (phones, routers etc). We haven't heard too much of the latter because they are new and not too many people have them yet.

true, but many people don't have the luxury that you do. sun gets through windows, some light might be on.

RF might interfere with some things, this is true, although far less than IR which can kill remotes and such.
post #155 of 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by robl45 View Post

true, but many people don't have the luxury that you do. sun gets through windows, some light might be on.

Not a question of luxury - but I just postpone viewing at times like that - though that doesn't work too well with live sports ...
post #156 of 619
I talked to a rep at Optoma. He wasn't that helpful although he did say that in his opinion the RF glasses were much better.

Any new news on which glasses to get? My projector is scheduled to arrive tomorrow!
post #157 of 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by David H. View Post

I talked to a rep at Optoma. He wasn't that helpful although he did say that in his opinion the RF glasses were much better.

Any new news on which glasses to get? My projector is scheduled to arrive tomorrow!

optoma RF glasses are hard to find, I think AVS can get them for you, probably pay retail though.
post #158 of 619
I'm leaning towards the RF glasses. Let me know if some become available for a good price. And I can wait till they get back in stock.

The rep did say that if issues were to arise then Optoma would address it. I don't know if I can take his word for it.
post #159 of 619
Call avs or check the link I posted a page ago, that place is cheap
post #160 of 619
yeah, I saw the link to BLT. I think I'll wait till they have them in stock. Maybe I'll give them a call.
post #161 of 619
I've heard that the reason that there's not a lot of pop out effects in 3D movies and gaming is due it bothering peoples eyes and causing complaints of headaches. When things pop out of the frame constantly your eyes are forced to shift their depth focus back and forth which tires the eyes, leading to discomfort after a while. So game developers are leaning towards depth and providing immersive gameplay. To better understand popout have a look at this S-3D Settings Guide, it does a good job of explaining the interaction of convergence and seperation.
http://www.mtbs3d.com/index.php?opti...6197&Itemid=98
post #162 of 619
This projector should turn up on both Nvidia 3D Vision as well as Nvidia 3DTV Play. But keep in mind that you can also PC game in 3D using TriDef from DDD or iZ3D. Most gamers use all 3 options due to any number of reasons, some games simply play and look better using one software or the other.
post #163 of 619
BTW Fry's Electronics carry MonstVision 3D glasses, they'll only come up if you type "3D glasses" in the search field.

For "PopOut" try the fish in this Youtube video from about 3:30 to 3:50 if you can get it to work. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqvPd0kZG6Q Youtube can be hit and miss at times with 3D content, it'll work, then you go back and it doesn't, then later it does again. But it's getting better. Also there's a really neat 3D concert by Janes Addiction currently on Youtube. It was supposedly shot by over 100 fans and is billed as "World's First User Generated 3D Concert Film shot entirely on the LG Thrill 4G super phone" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smEEneL_VoI

You'll want to watch them in the small native window

Keep in mind the videos are low resolution and have been ripped/downloaded/converted/uploaded and have diminished quality. But hey, it's free :P
post #164 of 619
I started a thread for comparisons between the RF and DLP-Link glasses.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1362070

If anybody has any input, even from another source or post they've seen, please contribute to the thread. These glasses are expensive so I want to make the right choice. Thanks.
post #165 of 619
Does anyone have video of this projector in action?
post #166 of 619
What do u want to know? i've had the projector for about a week.
post #167 of 619
Here is a review that came out yesterday PC MAG review link.

"Rainbows and Other Issues, With the GT750E, I saw the effect with data, video, and game images often enough to notice, but infrequently enough that even those who see the effect easily aren't likely to be annoyed by it."





Also found this discussion on GT750E and nvidia glasses.
post #168 of 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdejose View Post

What do u want to know? i've had the projector for about a week.

Do you see rainbows?

Do you notice and lag or delay when playing videogames?

What size screen are you projecting onto and how close are you to it?
post #169 of 619
Do the colors and image pop on this projector?
post #170 of 619
Yes, I do see rainbows.
They're not too bad, i notice them in scenes that have white on a full black screen. The biggest offender is the credits scene at the end of movies. Part of the reason I see them though may be because i'm projecting the screen bigger than i should. I'm projecting a 90 inch image and sitting about 8 feet away, my eyes can't take it all in at once.

There is no input lag.
I played many games including mlb the show 2011(which needs perfect timing to hit) and had no problem playing. I also played madden, dead island and killzone 3, and a bunch of the 3d demos on psn, and there wasn't any lag at all.

Projecting a 90 inch image onto a (slightly) off white wall, and sitting about 8-11 feet away. I'll probably make the projection a little small down the line, but right now i'm loving the huge screen.

3D is awesome on this thing.
watching 3d movies is incredible on this thing. I'm using the optoma dlp link glasses and the 3d effects are really good. Pop out and depth is going to depend on the content, but when its a good source you'll be amazed. I downloaded Resident Evil Afterlife from the psn and was blown away by the 3d(the movie sucked though). I didn't enjoy the 3d games as much though. I played The Show and Killzone 3 in 3d, and while cool, i didn't feel it added anything to the game. This isn't a knock on the projector, the 3d effect is very evident and cool, it just didn't add anything to the game.
post #171 of 619
i'm gonna be like 10-12 feet away from 135 inch screen, I hope the rainbows aren't a problem.

that review said gt750 comes with one pair of glasses, I'd go for that if it was a good price and available anywhere.

have to figure out where to get this from. probably will be amazon since they have free 2 day shipping for prime members.
post #172 of 619
the projector did not come with a pair of glasses, it came with the rf emitter. You'll need to get glasses separately.

I bought mine from amazon.
post #173 of 619
Hello I am new in this forum. This is a post on my first impressions with this projector amb viewsonic PGD-250 glasses. There are some reviews on these glasses that talk about loss of sync and that do not permorm well with some types os TVs. I must say with this projectores these glasses are really fantastic. I tried them 17 feet away and with daylight with zero problems. Glasses are extremely comfortable and very clear, better than xpand cinema ones.. Perfect for this projector.. couldn't believe they behave so nicely.. :-).
Abou the projector, in the 3d aspect....one word WOWWW. better than cinema.. About the rainbows ... some but not annoying. Some curious aspects I saw with this projector : Looking at 1080p resolution with a HTDT TV receiver, the projector downscales to its resolution, and image it's not so good. You can see minimal thin lines at high motion scenes buy not annoying. I don't know if it is for the cheap TDT receiver I use or a downscaling issue. You can always change TDT resolution receiver to 720p and image is perfect. 0 lag with motion scenes or playing with PS3 games. Image is very very neat, 3D is absolutely amazing. 0 crossover (at least with PGD-250 glasses). PRojector comes with a RF receiver, but you can use DLP-link glasses, I suppose optoma's glasses and the ultraclear ones also work great.
That's all, sorry about my English.
Good projector , very nice price.
post #174 of 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdejose View Post

the projector did not come with a pair of glasses, it came with the rf emitter. You'll need to get glasses separately.

I bought mine from amazon.

as i said, the review says the GT750 comes with a pair, the GT750E does not.
post #175 of 619
has anyone played 3d through a computer with this? the review above seemed to say it wouldn't hook up to a computer correctly although that didnt really make sense to me.
post #176 of 619
I would be interested to see if anyone saw rainbows everywhere in Tron Legacy in 3D like we did.

Also, I forgot to mention that there was a best buy insert in the box that mentioned buying the RF emitter separately. The 750 without the E is definitely going to show up at some point.
post #177 of 619
Can any of you guys with it please post some pics or video of this is action?
post #178 of 619
does anyone run this with tmt 5 or any type of computer to watch movies? i don't undertand why the review above said it won't work witha computer.
post #179 of 619
Thread Starter 
It is a gaming PJ. I fully expect it to work with a computer. My GT720 worked with my PC and Xbox. I never did get 3d working with it though and got pi$$ed with Nvidia so took it back so I could await a 1.4 unit. Seems it has arrived. Just watching this thread now to see what the 3d tradeoff is vs 1080p. I don't care about the 2d viewing so much because I have that covered. I am interested in the GT750 solely for 3d and the occasional out back in the yard viewing. I guess what I need is a 720p vs 1080p 3d PJ comparison to see just how much difference there is. Further complicating things is my DLP 61" TV that is a 1080p unit that does 3d in checkerboard only. It does very good 3d, but I am not sure what it does it at and not sure 720p will be adequate on a 120" screen when compared to that.
post #180 of 619
Since this is a short throw projector, is it better to go with a smaller 90" screen or go big with 120 or larger if you are sitting close? Would a larger screen cause more of the rainbow issues people see? (sitting close, moving eyees over larger area)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › GT750 Thread, HDMI 1.4 Capable