or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNXXD6900 Owner's thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung UNXXD6900 Owner's thread. - Page 2

post #31 of 113
Best Buy has a sick deal on the 6900 this week where you get a 16gb Samsung Galaxy Tablet for free ($499 tablet). I've been eyeing the 6900 model and $1,499 with 3D starter kit is the lowest I've seen it, and the free tablet I think will put it over the top for me.
post #32 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunson View Post

Best Buy has a sick deal on the 6900 this week where you get a 16gb Samsung Galaxy Tablet for free ($499 tablet). I've been eyeing the 6900 model and $1,499 with 3D starter kit is the lowest I've seen it, and the free tablet I think will put it over the top for me.

Dang it. I bought this set a couple of weeks ago and would have loved to get a tablet in the deal too.

Anyone know if Best Buy can be convinced to include this in the bundle after the fact or no chance at that?
post #33 of 113
Got in on the BB deal yesterday. Pretty excited for the free tablet and 3d starter kit. Just bummed I can't find much information on this model of TV.
post #34 of 113
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstarr View Post

Dang it. I bought this set a couple of weeks ago and would have loved to get a tablet in the deal too.

Anyone know if Best Buy can be convinced to include this in the bundle after the fact or no chance at that?

I saw in the paper thats just for the 46" model in order to get the tab. Maybe I am wrong.

If its within 30 days then they will include it, but you will have to return whatever items came in a previous bundle that aren't included in this one.

Also I saw a 60 day price guarantee in the paper. I wonder if thats new or counts for purchases say.. 40 days ago.
post #35 of 113
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrs1650 View Post

Got in on the BB deal yesterday. Pretty excited for the free tablet and 3d starter kit. Just bummed I can't find much information on this model of TV.

What size did you get?
post #36 of 113
Just saw this sale and I'm STRONGLY considering it, as I've been in the market for a 3DTV and a Tablet for some time, although I was planning on waiting till October for the new Ice Cream Sandwich tablets.

Question: Does the Galaxy Tab have some sort of integration feature with the TV? It's not a deal breaker for me at all, but definitely something worth asking.

Anyone NOT recommend this and would recommend waiting for newer TVs/Tablets instead?
post #37 of 113
By the way, the deal is also available on the 55". I see listing prices here are discouraged, so I'll just provide the link:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+...145184&count=3
post #38 of 113
Thread Starter 
Do you think they'l give me that tab if my receipt shows I purchased about 40 days ago?
Or do you think that the 60 day deal guarantee is only for items purchased right now and not then?
post #39 of 113
Best Buy bundle update. I bought the 46" + 3D starter + Bluray Player bundle 2 weeks ago. I was able to go into BB today and basically return that bundle for the new 46" + 3D starter + Galaxy Tab bundle. No hassle at all. Just had to hand over the Bluray player for the Tab. Good trade.

On another note, I OK'd the software (firmware, I guess) update today and the picture quality on Netflix streaming has improved considerably. I don't know what has changed, if a picture setting was changed, or if a change was made within the network or Netflix app or something. But there is significantly less picture noise now. The picture wasn't bad before, but the improvement is so significant I had to check and see if Friday Night Lights switched to HD in the middle of Season 3 or something. I haven't watched anything else yet so I don't know if it is just Netflix, but things look much better.

I did experience a little bit of network difficulty after the update. Netflix was slow, it was saying I wasn't connected to the internet. That cleared up after I ran the network connection wizard again.
post #40 of 113
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstarr View Post

Best Buy bundle update. I bought the 46" + 3D starter + Bluray Player bundle 2 weeks ago. I was able to go into BB today and basically return that bundle for the new 46" + 3D starter + Galaxy Tab bundle. No hassle at all. Just had to hand over the Bluray player for the Tab. Good trade.

On another note, I OK'd the software (firmware, I guess) update today and the picture quality on Netflix streaming has improved considerably. I don't know what has changed, if a picture setting was changed, or if a change was made within the network or Netflix app or something. But there is significantly less picture noise now. The picture wasn't bad before, but the improvement is so significant I had to check and see if Friday Night Lights switched to HD in the middle of Season 3 or something. I haven't watched anything else yet so I don't know if it is just Netflix, but things look much better.

I did experience a little bit of network difficulty after the update. Netflix was slow, it was saying I wasn't connected to the internet. That cleared up after I ran the network connection wizard again.

Do you think they'l honor the new 60 day thing for my purchase 40 days ago? I was just on hold with BBY for 30 minutes and got sick of hearing their little rock song that plays while your on hold lol.
Anyways I'm really hoping I can go bring back the bluray player for the galaxy tab.
post #41 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockout09 View Post

Do you think they'l honor the new 60 day thing for my purchase 40 days ago? I was just on hold with BBY for 30 minutes and got sick of hearing their little rock song that plays while your on hold lol.
Anyways I'm really hoping I can go bring back the bluray player for the galaxy tab.

That hold music is ROUGH. I know it well.

They technically had to return all 3 items in my bundle and then sell me the 3 items in the new bundle, so if you are outside the 30 day return window you might be out of luck. That said, it is definitely worth a trip to the store to see if you can sweet talk them.
post #42 of 113
I bought this TV a few weeks ago and I've returned it twice. The first one had really bad flashlighting in one corner. The one I have now had two white bars going across the screen. I've exchanged for a Sony HX729 which arrives tomorrow. Hoping for better luck.
post #43 of 113
Thread Starter 
bummer to hear you didn't have any luck with yours. I heard great things about the sony's. Does that model have gorilla glass? I love the gorilla glass.

I think the samsungs are sort of a luck deal when you buy them. Some get perfect sets and most get awful flashlighting/clouding. My set has a very small spot on the top middle edge that kind of flashlights but only on bright sceens. so its kind of the opposite of the usual flashlighting effect from the corners you see on dark sceens. Other than that I have a solid set, and my problem is very hard to detect most of the time.
post #44 of 113
It doesn't have Gorilla Glass but I plan on keeping it on a stand so hopefully I won't have to worry about bumps here and there anyway!

Regarding Samsungs vs Sonys, I for some reason have had the worst luck with Samsung TV quality. Bad flashlighting/clouding and then weird banding over 3 sets in 2 years. I kept sticking with Samsung because their TVs on the outside really do look great and I loved the thin bezel but in the end, if the screen isn't great then I figured it wasn't worth it.
post #45 of 113
For those who got the BB deal this week, does the tablet have any sort of interaction with the TV. The BB site sort of alludes to this but they don't go into details.
Thank you.

-Jody
post #46 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstarr View Post
Best Buy bundle update. I bought the 46" + 3D starter + Bluray Player bundle 2 weeks ago. I was able to go into BB today and basically return that bundle for the new 46" + 3D starter + Galaxy Tab bundle. No hassle at all. Just had to hand over the Bluray player for the Tab. Good trade.
Did you have to fork out more money for the price difference?
post #47 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodeus View Post

For those who got the BB deal this week, does the tablet have any sort of interaction with the TV. The BB site sort of alludes to this but they don't go into details.
Thank you.

-Jody

Samsung has released an Android app for controlling the TV. It apparently works on the Tab and Galaxy S phones.
post #48 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH2780 View Post

Did you have to fork out more money for the price difference?

The bundles are both the same price, but I had purchased the TV on a sales tax holiday originally, so I did lose ~$50 from that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kirth View Post

Samsung has released an Android app for controlling the TV. It apparently works on the Tab and Galaxy S phones.

I have used the Samsung remote app on the iphone. It works well and transmits over wifi so you don't have to point it at the TV. I don't really like the QWERTY remote that came with my set, and this set more so than others requires the remote to be pointed pretty directly at the IR receiver. That said, I don't often reach for the iphone, unlock it and start the Samsung app just to turn up the volume or something like that.

Not certain on any more advanced integration of the Tab and the TV. Haven't opened up the Tab yet, likely just going to sell it.
post #49 of 113
Does anyone have a problem with the Social TV feature? I can pull it up fine and read people's statuses, etc. But when I try to comment on them, a blank white box pops up and hangs, I then need to come out of Social TV altogether, its really frurstating, does this happen to anyone else?

It looks like the popup window starting up with the text input area, but then doesn't finish.
post #50 of 113
Thread Starter 
anyone else callibrate their set?
post #51 of 113
I noticed some picture stutter on some channels when watching Directv anyone else experience this? I have swapped the sat box through all 4 HDMI ports with the same results, even trying 4 different HDMI cables. I have the 3D bluray player hooked up, but I don't see any lag through that. Any thoughts?
post #52 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH2780 View Post

I noticed some picture stutter on some channels when watching Directv anyone else experience this? I have swapped the sat box through all 4 HDMI ports with the same results, even trying 4 different HDMI cables. I have the 3D bluray player hooked up, but I don't see any lag through that. Any thoughts?

It is automotion related. If you turn it off, you won't get the stutter.
post #53 of 113
Thread Starter 
Update: BBY would have never swapped out the bluray player for the galaxy for me 40+ days after I bought it. (being that I'm a pain in the ass at my local bby) So I had my pretty gf go in and try. It worked

Extremely pleased I was able to get the tablet.
post #54 of 113
First off, has any one noticed that bright colors that are not moving tend to flutter or shake? I have amp turned off and have tried a ton of settings but it continues to happen. Driving me nuts so some help would be nice

Second, the tab that came with the computer does not have DLna on it. Samsung has not released it yet nor said when they would. All the tab will do is change the channel. Samsung originally said with DLna you would be able to stream the tab to the tv or the tv to the tab but this is not the case so FYI for anyone looking for that app on their new tab- it doesn't exist
post #55 of 113
Can anyone tell me about the internet apps.. How well Netflix, etc work.. Are there a lot of apps available and how is the remote? I read that amazon will not work with this tv, not a big deal to me but i do wonder what else will not work..
post #56 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyh View Post
Can anyone tell me about the internet apps.. How well Netflix, etc work.. Are there a lot of apps available and how is the remote? I read that amazon will not work with this tv, not a big deal to me but i do wonder what else will not work..
Netflix and Youtube work reasonably well. I have not tried Hulu+ or Blockbuster, but they are available. It includes an App Store with a lot of free apps and some paid ones.

The remote is pretty awesome. The only issues I have with it are that none of the apps support the QWERTY keyboard. When searching in netflix or Youtube you have to use the arrow keys and an on-screen keyboard.

I picked this up with the Galaxy Tab bundle and am on the verge of returning it. The TV is the nicest I have owned but the menus are slow, the back-light bleeds a bit in top-right and bottom-left corners and I could pick up a 60" plasma and the Galaxy Tab for less. The 3D kit is cool but all 5 movies are for children and the glasses can be had for under $50 a piece anyway.

Can anyone recommend a 60" plasma for around $1500 that would look better? Features like Netflix and whatnot are definitely nice, but I have an HTPC so they are not requirements.
post #57 of 113
One more question. The manual for my UN55D6900 says the 55" models are not VESA compliant and require you to purchase the Samsung brand wall mount. I was going to order a mount from Amazon but wanted to see if anyone has ran into issues with this before.

http://www.amazon.com/Cheetah-APTMMB...4828680&sr=1-2
post #58 of 113
Does anyone have good settings for this TV? Id love to get them!
post #59 of 113
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by deviantpdx View Post

One more question. The manual for my UN55D6900 says the 55" models are not VESA compliant and require you to purchase the Samsung brand wall mount. I was going to order a mount from Amazon but wanted to see if anyone has ran into issues with this before.

http://www.amazon.com/Cheetah-APTMMB...4828680&sr=1-2

I have a VESA wall mount, I just flipped the little mounting spacer on backwards and rigged it as a spacer. Sounds a little iffy but its only a 38 pound TV and its worked great for me. Just don't bottom out the bolts or anything and use a couple washers.
post #60 of 113
I just got my tv home from Best Buy and everything is working except the remote will not pair with the tv? Any ideas..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNXXD6900 Owner's thread.