I got the following email response from Keith M at Yamaha Support (I sent a support request yesterday shortly after I posted here)
Thanks for your email. We are aware of an issue with Sirius XM internet radio not updating it's metadata (track information). We have reported the issue to SiriusXM and to the best of my knowledge, a fix is in the works. We apologize for any inconvenience.
The Yamaha Customer Support Team
I don't completely agree with his choice of words. It seems to me the "track information" IS updating, but no longer triggering my V867 to update it's display. I'm still wondering if this is happening to everyone.
Bond 007 - about 6 months ago I was having an "access error" problem also. I solved it by doing a factory reset. That forces re-entry of Sirius login information (along with speaker settings, etc, etc, -- that's why I waited so long to try it again). I suspect that access error is quite different than the admittedly minor, but still very annoying to me, problem I'm now having.