or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Rear Projection Units › 2011 Mitsubishi 3D DLP Owners Thread (740/840 series)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2011 Mitsubishi 3D DLP Owners Thread (740/840 series) - Page 2

post #31 of 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by erion racer View Post

2nd the motion

There have been decent deals lately on the 2010 82" models but what really matters is what is different in the 2011 and is the extra cash worth it.
post #32 of 3949
The 82740 is now showing on amazon for $3499.00. No description on it though.
post #33 of 3949
If a retailer puts an item on there site at an advertized price, you complete the order process and your card shows a pending charge for the item....but the retailer contacts you stating the advertized proce was wrong and the item cannot be sold as advertized, what would you do about this?

Are there ot consumer laws covering issues like this? I know if a local store had an item with the wrong price tag, they have to sell it to you since its marked this way. Would this not also apply in this situation?

Just asking since this situation may arise for me n an item.

Scott
post #34 of 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by sac130e View Post

If a retailer puts an item on there site at an advertized price, you complete the order process and your card shows a pending charge for the item....but the retailer contacts you stating the advertized proce was wrong and the item cannot be sold as advertized, what would you do about this?

Are there ot consumer laws covering issues like this? I know if a local store had an item with the wrong price tag, they have to sell it to you since its marked this way. Would this not also apply in this situation?

Just asking since this situation may arise for me n an item.

Scott

No. to my knowledge there is no law, when it happens at a local store they usually honor it but they don't have to. Several retailers post this exact situation so they don't have to honor it.
post #35 of 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtishd View Post

There have been decent deals lately on the 2010 82" models but what really matters is what is different in the 2011 and is the extra cash worth it.

Yeah that's what im wanting to know is the difference between the 2 tv's
post #36 of 3949
@erion racer,
if you go to the Mitsubishi web site, there you can compare the models
http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/theater.html
post #37 of 3949
Will be getting the 82840 as soon as they release...looking at a simple (sturdy) stand for this set. Will this one work: OmniMount Echo 63 63-Inch Video Table
..just wish it came in black. or is there one similiar but in black and maybe a bit wider?

Thx
post #38 of 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by sac130e View Post

Will be getting the 82840 as soon as they release...looking at a simple (sturdy) stand for this set. Will this one work: OmniMount Echo 63 63-Inch Video Table
..just wish it came in black. or is there one similiar but in black and maybe a bit wider?

Thx


Why not the bce72 by Techcraft?
post #39 of 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by sac130e View Post

Will be getting the 82840 as soon as they release...looking at a simple (sturdy) stand for this set. Will this one work: OmniMount Echo 63 63-Inch Video Table
..just wish it came in black. or is there one similiar but in black and maybe a bit wider?

Thx

I otredered the 63 Echo for a 73 inch the espresso brown is perfect for me and will leave only and 1 inch over hang on each side, but the hieght and depth are for a lack of a better word perfect, I got for 170.00 shipped from cymax.com
post #40 of 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltstv View Post

Why not the bce72 by Techcraft?

Shelfs are not adjustable and my center speakers needs 8" room to sit.
post #41 of 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofan1 View Post

I otredered the 63 Echo for a 73 inch the espresso brown is perfect for me and will leave only and 1 inch over hang on each side, but the hieght and depth are for a lack of a better word perfect, I got for 170.00 shipped from cymax.com

Yea, the 82 would hang over a few more inches, but I can live with that.
Just wish the color was black to go with my audio rack.

Thx
post #42 of 3949
92" set has been ordered. No idea when it will ship though...
post #43 of 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
92" set has been ordered. No idea when it will ship though...
From where?
post #44 of 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by sac130e View Post

From where?

Our very own forum sponsor, Cleveland Plasma. I got in before they stopped taking orders on them. It looks like they are now waiting to confirm pricing before selling them. Someone mentioned them in the 92" Mitsu thread below and I jumped on it.
post #45 of 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post

Our very own forum sponsor, Cleveland Plasma. I got in before they stopped taking orders on them. It looks like they are now waiting to confirm pricing before selling them. Someone mentioned them in the 92" Mitsu thread below and I jumped on it.

We should have an update on the 92 by Friday

Kevin
post #46 of 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post

Our very own forum sponsor, Cleveland Plasma. I got in before they stopped taking orders on them. It looks like they are now waiting to confirm pricing before selling them. Someone mentioned them in the 92" Mitsu thread below and I jumped on it.

I ordered the 82840 from them, but they has to refund the money until it comes in. I am first in the list for that model, I just hope the price holds true.
post #47 of 3949
I have also pre-ordered one from Cleveland Plasma (82840). Like you Sac130e, I hope the price holds true
post #48 of 3949
The depth of the 82840 shows 22.7" in the manual...what is the depth of the actual base that sits on the TV stand?
post #49 of 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by sac130e View Post

The depth of the 82840 shows 22.7" in the manual...what is the depth of the actual base that sits on the TV stand?

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post20696157
post #50 of 3949
gentleman/ladies

how are you all?

i just recently purchased a 82740 from qvc( the five installment plan can not be beat) and i am excited for its arrival.

which azure wave is compatible with the television, i have searched, to no avail.

thanks in advance
post #51 of 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by asadkhanvp View Post

gentleman/ladies

how are you all?

i just recently purchased a 82740 from qvc( the five installment plan can not be beat) and i am excited for its arrival.

which azure wave is compatible with the television, i have searched, to no avail.

thanks in advance

AWNU231 last years will work with this year's
post #52 of 3949
Hi everyone,

Dlp noob here hoping to get some advice on the 73740 series. Just bought this from qvc and looks like ots 400 bucks cheaper than most places ive seen and also used the payment plan like previous poster who bought the 82 inch. A couple questions i have are:

What is azurewave and do i need it?

I dont see any newer starter packs for 740 series 3d glasses. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
post #53 of 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djdunn2010 View Post

Hi everyone,

Dlp noob here hoping to get some advice on the 73740 series. Just bought this from qvc and looks like ots 400 bucks cheaper than most places ive seen and also used the payment plan like previous poster who bought the 82 inch. A couple questions i have are:

What is azurewave and do i need it?

I dont see any newer starter packs for 740 series 3d glasses. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

The starter kit for Mits TV's are for ones that don't have DLP Link. (Some think the IR Mits Kit is better than DLP Link on older sets.) Type in google DLP LINK GLASSES and you will find them as low as $55-59 at Amazon. I bought 1 pair of True 3d DLP glasses, and a pair of Ultimate Clear 3d to see which ones I perfer.

Not sure what Azurewave is. I don't need all the apps(Those come on the BD-player and Xbox360 so whats the use?) and extras so I am personally saving money by going with the 73640 here http://www.shopnbc.com/Mitsubishi_73...prop=Computers %26 Electronics|237&prop=Televisions|265&prop=Mitsubishi|2000&catprop=2000 .
post #54 of 3949
Will be getting the 82840 when then release and had some questions..

1. Looking at the Techcraft MD73 stand, does anyone else use this one? TV will hand over about 4" on each side, but that is acceptable.

2. Will be hooking up the Denon 2112ci AVR that supports ARC. Does the 82840 support this feature to? If so, do I need the Hi Speed HDMI cable w/ethernet to use this feature? If as, I will need 15' cables, MonoPrice only has 10' ones, any place else with 15'?

Thx,
Scott
post #55 of 3949
Anyone order a xx840 with the new screen? Interested to see if viewing angle has improved.
post #56 of 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtishd View Post

Anyone order a xx840 with the new screen? Interested to see if viewing angle has improved.

Won't be out till next month..last I heard.
post #57 of 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by sac130e View Post
Will be getting the 82840 when then release and had some questions..

1. Looking at the Techcraft MD73 stand, does anyone else use this one? TV will hand over about 4" on each side, but that is acceptable.

2. Will be hooking up the Denon 2112ci AVR that supports ARC. Does the 82840 support this feature to? If so, do I need the Hi Speed HDMI cable w/ethernet to use this feature? If as, I will need 15' cables, MonoPrice only has 10' ones, any place else with 15'?

Thx,
Scott
Bump
post #58 of 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltstv View Post
We should have an update on the 92 by Friday

Kevin
Kevin, any update? Curious. Thanks!
post #59 of 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by sac130e View Post

Won't be out till next month..last I heard.

Ad in LA Times today says that the wd-92840 available for viewing at all Paul's TV stores in LA, Orange, Ventura and San Diego county stores on July 22, 2011.
post #60 of 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by ordo View Post

Ad in LA Times today says that the wd-92840 available for viewing at all Paul's TV stores in LA, Orange, Ventura and San Diego county stores on July 22, 2011.

You might see the 92" first, but the 82" probably won't be until Aug.
I hope earlier, but time will tell.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rear Projection Units
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Rear Projection Units › 2011 Mitsubishi 3D DLP Owners Thread (740/840 series)