Originally Posted by razrsharp
So after a long time wanting and waiting I finally got around to installing an HDMI video card with 7.1 capabilities (XFX Radeon 6870 HD) into my HTPC and it's been nothing but grief for this receiver. After messing with various driver versions, (HDMI Audio included, Realtek drivers, etc.) I may be concluding that this receiver cannot handle this video card.
Problems I've been experiencing:
- When it was working, I was getting a "flicker" occasionally, sometimes after a reboot it would be frequently. Different drivers did not help
- Lately I can't even get colours to display properly, or even view anything on screen - this was due to trying out different drivers to fix my "flicker" issue
- I can't get DTS Master to output from PowerDVD/BD, even with the correct version. I can get DTS and DD to output fine though, and 7.1/192 khz seems to work in most cases
More details of my situation:
- I've turned all video and audio processing off on the receiver, HDMI control on/off, nothing helps.
- My TV works perfectly when connected directly to the HTPC using the exact same HDMI out
- Tried other ports, cables, no help
- I did reset the Onkyo once, not much help either
i know there is a lot of variables and potential fixes (been reading thru numerous forums for numerous issues) but I wanted to throw this out there in case anyone knows of any issues/fixes with the combination of Onkyo amp and Radeon 68xx HD series of cards.
Any help again appreciated. It'd really suck if i couldn't get this to work, been looking forward to 7.1 sound from my HTPC for a LONG time.