Originally Posted by blumonk
I have some questions for Onkyo owners. I have the Harman Kardon 3600 85watts x 7 in which I am very happy with (the sound is smooth, clear & clean) but I still look around for a potential upgrade.
1. I was wondering if there is a big difference between Onkyo and Integra?
2. How is the quality of the Onkyo 809? I've heard horror stories of the 808.
3. would the 809 be a big step up or even a step up from my 3600 as far as sound is concerned?
The speakers I use are Monitor Audio RX6.
1. Sure, a few here and there. But none that justifies the price difference. I got my 809 locally at frys for 799.
2. I had the 805, 806, 807 and now the 809. Never had a single issue with anything. But never owned a 808.
3. Slight setup as far as detail/midrange goes. Not a step up as far as 'power' goes.