or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Official Integra DTR-20.3/30.3/40.3/50.3 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Integra DTR-20.3/30.3/40.3/50.3 Thread - Page 7

post #181 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by william06 View Post

I would be nice if we could use this thread for discussing technical, set up and other issues pertaining to the enjoyment of the Integras just as there is a thread for the Onkyo (owners) to discuss the same. Also there is not supposed to be any price discussion on the threads. I just do not understand that the guys who do not like integras or cannot afford them come here and constantly bash them, Please troll the Onkyo thread and look at all the issues present in many of them. Go Farenheit you are correct. Oh one more issue my brother in law has an Onkyo 608 and is on his third one and the third one is a 609 courtesey of onkyo and it is in the repair shop. My neighbor has a 809 and number four went back for a refund and is running an Integra 40.3 and loving it. two of them had bad HDMI boards. and a bad capacitor. Very nice quality control there I guess. Oh enjoy your 709 and best of luck with it (really)

Wow. Could we be any more confrontational and hypocritical? It starts off with, "Wrong." Then apparently English isn't some folk's first language because I did in fact cite that I got nearly all the features for about half the cost; minor points conceded. Then I'm admonished for discussing Onkyo here - again a point I concede and apologize for - only to read about your brother in law's Onkyo experience?!?!? Hey at least I'm talking about MY Onkyo in the wrong place.

Did it never occur to you to try something like, "Hey Jim, let's try and keep this area specific to Integra issues and experiences."

So congratulations on your clearly superior knowledge of Integra AV componentry and condolences on you void of social skills.
post #182 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimpreis View Post

Wow. Could we be any more confrontational and hypocritical? It starts off with, "Wrong."

I would like to apologise for the tone I used when replying to your statement. You did say "appears to be" and I must give you the benefit of the doubt that you were not making empirical statements of truth (which is the way I read it yesterday).
post #183 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimpreis View Post

Wow. Could we be any more confrontational and hypocritical? It starts off with, "Wrong." Then apparently English isn't some folk's first language because I did in fact cite that I got nearly all the features for about half the cost; minor points conceded. Then I'm admonished for discussing Onkyo here - again a point I concede and apologize for - only to read about your brother in law's Onkyo experience?!?!? Hey at least I'm talking about MY Onkyo in the wrong place.

Did it never occur to you to try something like, "Hey Jim, let's try and keep this area specific to Integra issues and experiences."

So congratulations on your clearly superior knowledge of Integra AV componentry and condolences on you void of social skills.

Wow we can dish it out but cannot take it. Sorry I did not purchase the items I described above. I just helped purchase them for both gentlemen at their request. Unfortunately I became quite embarrased considering all the issues. Seems also by your post above you also can become quite confrontational yourself. Just for the record as you can see in past posts in this thread I have owned two Onkyos A txnr 5007/ and 5008. The 5007 wound up in the shop after two weeks of ownership. So I do speak from past ownership and involvement. Oh and thanks for the free lessons on English and social skills I enjoyed them about as much as you enjoyed mine. I do promise this is my last post on the subject so have fun with you new unit. I do really hope it performs well for you for a long time. Really I do mean that.
post #184 of 317
Gentlemen - Please accept my sincere apology. I could have handled the situation better. Frustration won out over protocol and politeness. Over to the Onkyo thread now for my novices review of the 709. Cheers and thank you for your responses.
post #185 of 317
Pulled the trigger last week on a 50.3. Should be here in the next two days. Will share my experiences.
post #186 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by easysoul View Post

Pulled the trigger last week on a 50.3. Should be here in the next two days. Will share my experiences.

I think you will enjoy it
post #187 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by wouldtoo View Post

i think you will enjoy it

+1
post #188 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by william06 View Post


+1

Quick question, williamo6. I have Jamo c807's. I swapped my Onkyo 606 for my Integra. I don't seem to get the volume I used to, but boy is the clarity, quality, and sound separation so much better!!! I could turn the Onkyo to 50, and it was about all the room could take. With the Integra, I have it at about 60 and it just begins to get loud. Is there something I am not doing or is all OK? The Onkyo got loud, but the overall sound quality and separation wasn't near what I get now? Needless to say, sound quality is much more important, plus, my ears and my wife definitely are happier haha.

Thanks in advance
post #189 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by wouldtoo View Post

Quick question, williamo6. I have Jamo c807's. I swapped my Onkyo 606 for my Integra. I don't seem to get the volume I used to, but boy is the clarity, quality, and sound separation so much better!!! I could turn the Onkyo to 50, and it was about all the room could take. With the Integra, I have it at about 60 and it just begins to get loud. Is there something I am not doing or is all OK? The Onkyo got loud, but the overall sound quality and separation wasn't near what I get now? Needless to say, sound quality is much more important, plus, my ears and my wife definitely are happier haha.

Thanks in advance

The diffeence in volume sounds odd. Check your sound modes like dynamic eq, or dynamich volume or late night modes . I run mostly in dolbyllxcinems dynamic eq on no dynamic volume or late night modes. did you use all 8 positions in set up. I use the thx volume modes 0 being reference I run ususlly around minus 10 to 12. Yes the clarity is outstanding only other line that has that kind of clarity is the poineer sc's. In fact as i stated befor I wanted to upgrade to a 70.3 bur my dealer gave me an offer on the new elite sc57 I might not bea able to refuse. Seems harder to wiggle on the hight end integras right now. But they are great units. Go through your set up modes again. Check the manual for all the reccomended settings good starting point. Enjoy.
post #190 of 317
Thanks everyone. The 50.3 arrived yesterday and the speakers arrived today, so tomorrow is setup day! Can't wait. Will report my experiences. The level and sophistication of the Integra is new to me. So maybe this "semi-newbie's" experience can be helpful to someone like myself just getting into the higher levels. (And boy do I have a lot to learn!)
post #191 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD NYC View Post

Thanks for the support.

Just to bring it to an almost conclusion, I think I have it figured. I spoke to Integra customer service which was relatively easy on a Saturday, who suggested it might be the cable is too long.

I had used a 12' Hyper Speed Monster Cable.

I tried a different, 6' cable from the receiver to the TV and that worked fine. Unfortunately the Monster cable I used is already in the wall and I don't want to tear that open. Whats particularly odd, irritating is that I can run the cable box or DVD player directly thru the Monster cable in the wall and they work fine. Its somehow the combination of Integra receiver and Monster Cable together that is delivering a weak, broken signal. Strange, I would think the receiver would put out a stronger signal than either the cable box or dvd.

I am going to try a HDMI booster with the current set up and see if that rectifies the problem. I see Trip Lite offers a one foot non powered booster (B123-001). If someone has a better idea please let me know. Otherwise if it works, I will post it next week.
Thanks vm.

PaulD NYC - Did you have any luck with this issue?

I have a 30.3 and I am having the same problem. Super dissapointing. The place where I purchased it had me try updating the firmware, resets all around, turning the hdmi output from "auto" to "through" and a few other minor things...but still, no solution.

If anyone else has any ideas I'm all ears!

Thanks
kt
post #192 of 317
If this is the wrong place for this, I apologize in advance. I would ask that you please point me in the right direction if that is the case...

So I have a DTR-40.3. I recently picked up a HTC Thunderbolt. There is an app on there called "Connected Media". This gives me the ability to stream photos, videos or music from the phone to an enabled device. The DTR-40.3 shows up in my list of capable devices on the phone but when I press play, nothing happens.

Do I need to be on a specific input? I tried going to the DLNA screen but still nothing happens. Is there a setting that I need to change on the receiver somewhere?

I'll poke around in the android forums but I figured there wouldn't be anyone around that would know these receivers better than you guys do!

Thanks in advance!!
post #193 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechLife View Post

If this is the wrong place for this, I apologize in advance. I would ask that you please point me in the right direction if that is the case...

So I have a DTR-40.3. I recently picked up a HTC Thunderbolt. There is an app on there called "Connected Media". This gives me the ability to stream photos, videos or music from the phone to an enabled device. The DTR-40.3 shows up in my list of capable devices on the phone but when I press play, nothing happens.

Do I need to be on a specific input? I tried going to the DLNA screen but still nothing happens. Is there a setting that I need to change on the receiver somewhere?

I'll poke around in the android forums but I figured there wouldn't be anyone around that would know these receivers better than you guys do!

Thanks in advance!!

I have wondered the same thing. I have an iPhone that will not display videos on the tv when I have it hooked thru the USB/Net input on the front of my DTR 40.2.

As for the other guys problem with volume and external amps I find strange because I have found the output voltage of the integras to be high and definitely do not need a signal booster in the chain. I keep my sub trim at -14 or -15 because the voltage is high and that it the only way to keep my sub eq from clipping due to the hot signal.
post #194 of 317
So I'm really interested in getting a DTR-50.3, but for the life of me I can seem to really see what the difference is between the Onkyo TX-NR809. They both put our the say power and have the same ratings from what I can find. So why the large price difference? I don't mind spending the extra money if there's a reason that it costs more. I've even listened to both of them and sound quality wise I couldn't really tell a difference from the 20 minutes of listen I spent between the two of them.

Maybe someone can shed some light on this for me and help me decide which to get based on some actually facts of why the Integra is better or what more it does over the NR809?

I'd like the facts, because I find someone just saying it sounds better is to subjective and what I think might sound good might be different from what you think sounds good.
post #195 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

Maybe someone can shed some light on this for me and help me decide which to get based on some actually facts of why the Integra is better or what more it does over the NR809?

I'd like the facts, because I find someone just saying it sounds better is to subjective and what I think might sound good might be different from what you think sounds good.

The Integra has -

* An additional Component video input.
* Zone 2 Composite video out.
* Zone 2 Component video out.
* Two additional 12v triggers.
* Finer Crossover adjustments.
* Finer audiosync adjustment (1ms vs 5ms on the Onkyo).

There might be additional things I've missed. The Integra is the clearcut winner. Whether those additional functions/features are worth the difference in price will be up to you.
post #196 of 317
Okay, so since this receiver is only for my theather room and I don't have any need for any of the zone 2 features or the extra component video input or the 12volt triggers; besides the extra finer 5hz crossover tuner and the finer autosync adjustments. Would it be worth the extra money it would cost to go with the DTR-50.3 over the NR809?

I know we're not suppose to talk about pricing, so I'll only talk about the cost difference. I'm located in Vancouver Canada, I can get the Onkyo NR809 for $600 less then DTR-50.3. So if I'm going to pay the extra $600 for the DTR-50.3 I want it to be for a reason other then the Integra being more exclusive because it's not sold to the masses like Onkyo. If it upconverted better then the NR809 or sounded better or had more power I could see paying the extra.
Man I'm so confused and a little frustrated at the same time as what I should do.
post #197 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

I want it to be for a reason other then the Integra being more exclusive because it's not sold to the masses like Onkyo. If it upconverted better then the NR809 or sounded better or had more power I could see paying the extra.
Man I'm so confused and a little frustrated at the same time as what I should do.

These things are made on the same production lines with the same components. Stick your nose into the top grille of both and tell me what you see is different.

The Integras are geared towards custom installations, that is one of the reasons you see a big silver volume knob on them. Imagine a dark bar where staff need to quickly open a cupboard and adjust the volume.

Looking for performance differences is a waste of time. Anyone telling you otherwise is drinking the kool aid or have convinced themselves in order to justify their purchasing decisions.

I personally feel the Integra is the better product, but only for the features I've highlighted.
post #198 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrenheit View Post


These things are made on the same production lines with the same components. Stick your nose into the top grille of both and tell me what you see is different.

The Integras are geared towards custom installations, that is one of the reasons you see a big silver volume knob on them. Imagine a dark bar where staff need to quickly open a cupboard and adjust the volume.

Looking for performance differences is a waste of time. Anyone telling you otherwise is drinking the kool aid or have convinced themselves in order to justify their purchasing decisions.

I personally feel the Integra is the better product, but only for the features I've highlighted.

Features you listed?? All you listed is a big silver knob. And then you say you think it's a better unit. So it's worth $600 more for the big silver knob to you? Makes no sense. And therefore I must question everything you say in your post.
post #199 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsidiousFix View Post

Features you listed?? All you listed is a big silver knob. And then you say you think it's a better unit. So it's worth $600 more for the big silver knob to you? Makes no sense. And therefore I must question everything you say in your post.

You must be dumber than a sack of hammers. Try reading a bit further up the thread before posting next time.
post #200 of 317
Look two posts up and you'll see the extra features he's talking about.
post #201 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrenheit View Post


You must be dumber than a sack of hammers. Try reading a bit further up the thread before posting next time.

I was looking on my phone and didn't see the other post. My bad. I just thought all you were saying was the silver knob. There hasn't been that much action on this thread so I didn't think to go back through back pages.
post #202 of 317
So I know some people have said that the TX-NR809 is the exact same receiver and I was thinking alone the same lines but I how true that really is. There is a 8lb weight difference between the DTR-5.0-3 and the NR809. I can't see having a couple extra 12volt triggers along with a extra component input and a few other things adding 8lbs.

Hmmmmm now I'm scratching me head again.
post #203 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

So I know some people have said that the TX-NR809 is the exact same receiver and I was thinking alone the same lines but I how true that really is. There is a 8lb weight difference between the DTR-5.0-3 and the NR809. I can't see having a couple extra 12volt triggers along with a extra component input and a few other things adding 8lbs.

Hmmmmm now I'm scratching me head again.

Its 0.8 lbs not 8 lbs. And that difference can easily be accounted for with the different chassis designs.
post #204 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrenheit View Post


Its 0.8 lbs not 8 lbs. And that difference can easily be accounted for with the different chassis designs.

The Integra 50.3 is 48.5 lbs.The 809 is 40.3 lbs. That's 8.2 lbs
post #205 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by wouldtoo View Post

The Integra 50.3 is 48.5 lbs.The 809 is 40.3 lbs. That's 8.2 lbs

Not in the manuals I have read. Which region models and what sources are you citing for this info?

Edit: Oh I see where you got that figure. That is the carton weight, not the units weight.
post #206 of 317
Hey guys,

Has anybody ever found a discrete on/off button for Dynamic EQ? I use my Xbox360 to watch HD-DVD's, but since Dynamic EQ is not recommended for gaming I find myself having to turn it on and off through the menu somewhat often. Was just wondering if there is a known discrete on/off button I can program on my Harmony remote.

Thanks.
post #207 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrenheit View Post


Not in the manuals I have read. Which region models and what sources are you citing for this info?

Edit: Oh I see where you got that figure. That is the carton weight, not the units weight.

Guess they add a couple of bricks in the Integra box carton haha
post #208 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by wouldtoo View Post


Guess they add a couple of bricks in the Integra box carton haha

From what I can find, the 809 is 40.3 and the Integra 50.3 is 39.5. This means the Onkyo weighs more?
post #209 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by wouldtoo View Post

From what I can find, the 809 is 40.3 and the Integra 50.3 is 39.5. This means the Onkyo weighs more?

Yup. Just.
LL
post #210 of 317
I think I'm going to go with the TX-NR809, after doing all the reading up I could on the DTR-50.3 and I still can't see why I should really take it over the Onkyo. Especially because I was mostly looking at the DTR-50.3 because I needed some good power to run some large front and center 4ohm speakers, and the Onkyo has the same power ratings. Where I live it would cost me $545 more to get the DTR-50.3. Think I had posted before, I wouldn't have a problem paying the extra money if there was a good reason why or if it had a performance advantage. But at this point I can't find one, so Onkyo it is I guess.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Official Integra DTR-20.3/30.3/40.3/50.3 Thread